Raptors Discussion: v72| ECQF | (1) Raptors vs (8) Wizards | Raptors win series 4-2 and advance to EC Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
Man, I think the biggest mistake they made was not trading ibaka and getting an upgrade on that position defensively.

He just simply isn't a very good starting PF for us, easily the weakest starter we have besides anyone who plays SF (not a real starter).

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
DeRozan actually got fouled on that buzzer beater 3 point attempt. I'd like to see if they mention it in the last 2 minute report.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Losses like this one are the reason why the Raptors continue to be doubted.

P.S. I say this as a big Raptors fan.

Reactions: Tonka

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Ibaka cost them this game. He is so horrible defending on the perimeter now. Bricked every open 3 too.

Lowry can't be so passive. He needs to put the team on his back in these types of games. Still our best player. Don't even know if he took a shot in the 4th.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The excuses should be nice for the "best team in the East"
Callapsed with a big lead.
The 2nd half is a sign of what is likely to happen in the playoffs no matter which team the Raptors face.
The defence also has some major issues. Odd for a team that is supposed to be really good apparently.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Losses like this one are the reason why the Raptors continue to be doubted.

P.S. I say this as a big Raptors fan.
Yup. They arent as good as they are hyped up to be.
I dont have much confidence as they can be outplayed by any kind of team. Those games where they trailed by large deficits against bad teams highlights the flaws.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The 2nd half is a sign of what is likely to happen in the playoffs no matter which team the Raptors face.
The defence also has some major issues. Odd for a team that is supposed to be really good apparently.

I can safely say that you bring absolutely no substance to this thread. If you want to argue why they shouldn't be considered a "good" team, then why don't you grab a chair, some construction paper, and a box of crayons, and write down some statistics that argue your point?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I dont have much confidence as they can be outplayed by any kind of team. Those games where they trailed by large deficits against bad teams highlights the flaws.

Whats your issue? Do you enjoy seeing the raptors lose? When ever I read this thread you are always bitching about the raptors. You feel they are overrated then dont follow them, follow some other team. You are strangely one of the biggeat leaf homers I see but dont like the raptors. Doesn't make much sense.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I cannot wait until LeBron retires.

If you think Crosby or Ovechkin praise is over the top.... it's squared with this guy.

With talking heads, you'd think he was the Messiah.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Whats your issue? Do you enjoy seeing the raptors lose? When ever I read this thread you are always *****ing about the raptors. You feel they are overrated then dont follow them, follow some other team. You are strangely one of the biggeat leaf homers I see but dont like the raptors. Doesn't make much sense.
There is a major double standard between the 2 teams. One fan uses one thing to criticize the leafs but uses that same thing to praise/make excuses for the raptors.
I guess you can call myself trying to even out the playing surface, all though its making me look like an idiot in the process which I agree with:laugh:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Cavs showed tonight they have little margin for error going forward.

If LeBron is merely very good, I don't think it'll be enough to make another Finals.

That statline and they barely won.

If he's anything short of godlike, they could get picked off by Philly/Indiana/Boston.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
The Cavs showed tonight they have little margin for error going forward.

If LeBron is merely very good, I don't think it'll be enough to make another Finals.

That statline and they barely won.

If he's anything short of godlike, they could get picked off by Philly/Indiana/Boston.

Maybe he will have Nance Jr/Thompson/Korver/Hood as a supporting cast by then. They won't have Hill/Green/Calderon playing collectively 100 minutes between them if that's the case.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Maybe he will have Nance Jr/Thompson/Korver/Hood as a supporting cast by then. They won't have Hill/Green/Calderon playing collectively 100 minutes between them if that's the case.

Two of which are at replacement level (TT) or below (in Hood's case), so I wouldn't consider that as an upgrade just yet.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

This is beyond stupid. The Raptors mutilated the Cavs a few weeks ago. Like blew the doors off them. And they beat Houston. And both times the narrative becomes "oh well, it's just the regular season. Who cares, it'll all change when the playoffs come." like they don't matter.

but suddenly they lose tonight and it's "see? See? I knew they weren't good enough. They can't hack it vs the good teams like the Cavs."

Somehow the team is what it is when they're bad, but when they're good it's just a mirage. Ridiculous confirmation bias nonsense.

If the wins in the regular season don't matter, then the losses don't either. You can't have it both ways. And if this loss is a significant statement, then so were other games where the Raptors won.

This is stupid narrative-driven ESPN talking head, sports talk radio BS.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
This is beyond stupid. The Raptors mutilated the Cavs a few weeks ago. Like blew the doors off them. And they beat Houston. And both times the narrative becomes "oh well, it's just the regular season. Who cares, it'll all change when the playoffs come." like they don't matter.

but suddenly they lose tonight and it's "see? See? I knew they weren't good enough. They can't hack it vs the good teams like the Cavs."

Somehow the team is what it is when they're bad, but when they're good it's just a mirage. Ridiculous confirmation bias nonsense.

If the wins in the regular season don't matter, then the losses don't either. You can't have it both ways. And if this loss is a significant statement, then so were other games where the Raptors won.

This is stupid narrative-driven ESPN talking head, sports talk radio BS.

A few weeks ago??? The game was over 2 months ago. In other words here are the guys that were playing for the Cavs in that game Crowder/Thomas/Osman/Wade/Frye. Cavs are better equipped to play the Raptors now than they were back then.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
It's just one game. "Scheduled loss" one can say, but I guess that doesn't apply to the Raps.

It was a back to back. They'll be fine. They'll have their chance for revenge on April 3rd when they face Cleveland in Cleveland again.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
A few weeks ago??? The game was over 2 months ago. In other words here are the guys that were playing for the Cavs in that game Crowder/Thomas/Osman/Wade/Frye. Cavs are better equipped to play the Raptors now than they were back then.

No they arent. But sure anything to be negative towards the Raptors eh. Not surprising you post after a loss. You probably dont say anything if the Raptors won. Dont worry I know how you operate.
The Cavs are less equipped to play the Raptors. Sorry if you dont like that but facts are facts.
Good thing Masai didnt trade away the core after the Wizards sweep as you said:)
The Cavs defence is a disaster and only won because Raps didnt get their shots to go. Otherwise its another loss for the "better equipped then before to play the Raps" Cavs.
We are looking at a Raps team that is better then the Cavs.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
No they arent. But sure anything to be negative towards the Raptors eh. Not surprising you post after a loss. You probably dont say anything if the Raptors won. Dont worry I know how you operate.
The Cavs are less equipped to play the Raptors. Sorry if you dont like that but facts are facts.
Good thing Masai didnt trade away the core after the Wizards sweep as you said:)
The Cavs defence is a disaster and only won because Raps didnt get their shots to go. Otherwise its another loss for the "better equipped then before to play the Raps" Cavs.
We are looking at a Raps team that is better then the Cavs.

The Raptors season is going to be written by how they perform in the playoffs. What are you talking about trading away the core with what I said a few years ago? Are you off your rocker? The Raptors are a very good team, along with a couple other very good teams. If you don't think the Cavs are improved after that dreck of a team they had in January against the Raptors I can't help you. The Cavs defense has been more much of the year but the Raptors have just as much to prove as any team in the east.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I cannot wait until LeBron retires.

If you think Crosby or Ovechkin praise is over the top.... it's squared with this guy.

With talking heads, you'd think he was the Messiah.

I'll be sad when Lebron retires because then I'll no longer have the privilege of watching him play.

Lebron is much better at basketball then Crosby and/or Ovechkin are at hockey. He's either the greatest player of all-time or a close #2. BTW, last night's performance was yet another first in NBA history, no player has ever put up 35 points and 15 assists in one game without having a single turnover. Anyone complaining he gets too much praise hasn't a clue as to who it is they have the privilege of watching.

PS - Some people think that Ibaka just isn't up to playing back to back games at this point in his career. That sounds plausible and considering there are no back to back games in the playoffs, perhaps we shouldn't throw him under the bus just yet.

Losing that game was no fun. But beating Houston was sweet. :)

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Are people on this thread being serious???

The Raps played absolutely no defense at all yesterday and lost by 3 points on the road to Lebron James. People can sit here and say this is disastrous but where were these same people when we blew them up for a 40 point win a couple of months ago? Everyone can sit there and say that the Cavs were a different team then, but in reality we were without Lowry and Ibaka that game and still blew them out with James, Thomas, Love, Smith, Korver and Thompson in the lineup for the Cavs!!!!

We got beat yesterday because we didn't play D, and because they had the home court advantage....that's it! Lebron had to be perfect yesterday for them to beat us and he was so they beat us by a very narrow margin. Another thing to consider is we had our best 3 point shooter out of the lineup yesterday in Miles. Had he been there the game would have been totally different and we probably would have scored 90 points in the first half with our second unit where Powell contributed nothing.

The sky isn't falling, understand this. The Cavs are not a threat and probably wont even get out of the first round this year. Yesterday's game was Lebron's playoffs...he is an egotistical baby and it made me sick watching him yesterday with his cockiness. How this man is compared to Jordan or Bryant is beside me he has no class. Talking trash and making facial gestures all game long. He will for ever be compared to Jordan but he wont come close because of his ego!!!! I hated the Bulls back in the day because of their dominance, but loved Jordan as a player and what he meant for the league. I hate the Cavs today because of Lebron and his ego. And personally, Harden is a way better player and much more classier then Lebron will ever be.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Are people on this thread being serious???

I hated the Bulls back in the day because of their dominance, but loved Jordan as a player and what he meant for the league. I hate the Cavs today because of Lebron and his ego. And personally, Harden is a way better player and much more classier then Lebron will ever be.

Are you being serious? I get that you don't like Lebron, that's fine but if you don't think MJ had a massive ego then think again. And there aren't enough LOL gif's in the world to express how absurd the notion is that Harden is a way better player than Lebron.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Raps play Rockets, where both teams were playing 3 games in 4 nights and on a back to back, but the Raps were at home. According to ESPN this would be a scheduling loss for the Rockets (but not the Raps). No big deal it happens right.

Raps play 3 games in 4 nights on the road, and get the Cavs on a back to back, with the Cavs resting (having not played the night before). So if that's isn't a scheduling loss I don't know what is.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Are you being serious? I get that you don't like Lebron, that's fine but if you don't think MJ had a massive ego then think again. And there aren't enough LOL gif's in the world to express how absurd the notion is that Harden is a way better player than Lebron.

MJ was never as disrespectful as Lebron sorry don't know which games you were watching. Jordan made facial gestures and childish hard fouls cause he was frustrated? Never. He just took the game over and shut people up with his play. Lebron ruined the NBA when Jordan took it to the next level. All these power teams have begun because of Lebron and his drama which started since he first left Cleveland for Miami and built his first super team. Anything he has done in the NBA has been for Lebron and not the league. Don't get me wrong great player, but not a team first guy like Jordan was and definitely not a leader that is respected in the league. Sorry he is not. You can see this by players wanting out playing with him.

This isn't about hate of the player for what he does on the court. More so hate of Lebron the person. He sucks. And he cant hold a candle to what Jordan was. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad