Raptors Discussion: v72| ECQF | (1) Raptors vs (8) Wizards | Raptors win series 4-2 and advance to EC Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
>Can't beat any good teams
>Sweep Houston, Portland, NO, beat Boston, Cleveland
>Have the best home record in the NBA
>
>
>
>Same movie as usual
>1st seed
>Completely reinvented the offence
>Deepest bench in the league
>
>
>
>Excitement and then terrible basketball in the playoffs
>Haven't even played the playoffs

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Ridiculous hot take. Raps are going all the way. Nobody will stop them, not even LBJ. They are too deep. There, I said it.

Alright
Leafs will go all the way to the cup finals. Not even the Bruins will stop them. There, I said it.
Your double standard between the Leafs and Raptors situations are obvious.
When the leafs lose, "I am not confident with this team because they cant beat good teams"
When Raptors get down against a bad team, "it doesnt matter. They are great and I dont care if they trailed here. Plus other pointless reasons."

Last edited:

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton
Alright
Leafs will go all the way to the cup finals. Not even the Bruins will stop them. There, I said it.
Your double standard between the Leafs and Raptors situations are obvious.
When the leafs lose, "I am not confident with this team because they cant beat good teams"
When Raptors get down against a bad team, "it doesnt matter. They are great and I dont care if they trailed here. Plus other pointless reasons."

How are the Leafs and Raps at all related other than the city they play in? Double standard?? These are two completely different teams in very different situations. Not sure why that gentlemen's take on the Leafs should impact how he feels about the Raptors. He is right though. The Raps are the team to beat in the East. And it doesn't matter if a team trails if they come back and win. Kinda like the Bolts vs your Leafs last night. Down 3-0, win 4-3. But I guess the Bolts can't be the best team in the East if they don't lead the game from start to finish. :shakehead

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
"Raps are going all the way" season 5 coming this April. Same movie as usual. Excitement and then terrible basketball in the playoffs. The excuses machine starts and then next year starts with more excitement.
They cant beat the good teams and as a result, they dont give me confidence.

No one thought the Raptors were the top team in the east in prior seasons, that's just you making stuff up.

Reactions: hamzarocks

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
With the Cavs you have to make everybody else not named LBJ beat you. I don't think they can. Raptors are way too deep. Cavs won't even make the ECF anyway. I am not worried about them. Boston will beat them in 6 or 7 in the semis. ECF will be Raps-Celts. And the only reason Philly won't beat them in the first round is because Philly has 0 playoff experience.

Last edited:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
So.... Raptors playing the almighty media anointed Cavs tomorrow.

Oddly, I think it feels like a no win situation for Toronto.

Lose to Cavs, LOL RAPTORS LEBRON OWNS YOU

Beat Cavs, IT’S ONLY THE REGULAR SEASON THIS AIN’T PLAYOFF LEBRON

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
With the Cavs you have to make everybody else not named LBJ beat you. I don't think they can. Raptors are way too deep. Cavs won't even make the ECF anyway. I am not worried about them. Boston will beat them in 6 or 7 in the semis. ECF will be Raps-Celts. And the only reason Philly won't beat them in the first round is because Philly has 0 playoff experience.

I think there are too many red flags with these Cavs. Lot of people falling back on the THEY HAVE LEBRON laurels

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016

There have been so many "statement" games - we all need to realize the only thing that matters is what happens in the playoffs.

Yes, we should have earned the right to be considered the favourites in the East, but that's just noise.

I can't wait for the playoffs to start.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Not tomorrow, tonight. And despite all the outlets claiming the Houston win was a “scheduling loss” for them, the Raps won’t get that same treatment especially since DeMar was rested yesterday.

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on

Can they even get celts in 3rd round? I think the way the bracket is they would have them in 2nd round

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Oddly, I think this game has more implications for the Pacers. Cleveland is only a half-game up on Indiana for the 3 seed/Central Division.

Indiana has a tough game against the Pelicans- Brow has been on a Raptor-like run of greatness- so theorretically...... do you want the Cavs to be 3 seed or 4?

I think Philly MIGHT pick off the Cavs in round 1.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Siakam might have the highest ceiling AND floor of our bench players. His dribbling and footwork has improved dramatically since last year to the point where, dare I say, he's looking Odom-ish.

Reactions: hamzarocks

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
ibaka is ****ing trash. He has no business on the floor. Siakam is so much beter.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
:laugh:

The refs ejected all 3 of Lowry, DeRozan, and Casey for less combined beaking than LeBron just did at these refs. but a) there are no reputation calls in the NBA, the refs are 100% fair :sarcasm: and b) LeBron is super angry because he doesn't get reputation calls and the refs are out to get him. :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Reactions: La Masse

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
:laugh:

The refs ejected all 3 of Lowry, DeRozan, and Casey for less combined beaking than LeBron just did at these refs. but a) there are no reputation calls in the NBA, the refs are 100% fair :sarcasm: and b) LeBron is super angry because he doesn't get reputation calls and the refs are out to get him. :sarcasm::sarcasm:

And this is why I don't watch much, if any, basketball anymore.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Fox commentary is hilarious. Just continuing to spew the whole "if Raps lose to a non-healthy Cavs they must be thinking [that they aren't good enough]".

Like, yo, regular season? 3rd game in 4 nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad