Raptors Discussion: v72| ECQF | (1) Raptors vs (8) Wizards | Raptors win series 4-2 and advance to EC Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Casey should rip the refs after this one. Absolutely disgusting performance by them. Westbrook and Brewer were flopping all over the court today. I mean I get the narrative the Thunder have 2 overrated superstars in George and Anthony and are suppose to beat the Raps lol

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
Brutal end to the game. I only watched the 4th but the officiating took the game from us.

The team can get fined for calling out the refs but nothing happens to the officiating when they screw up. This is the problem with sports. If I screw up on my job I can get canned, these guys just another day at the office.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
DD cost us a potential win. Terrible dribbling TO and costly tech.
I guess it has been hard for you to be negative so you finally got an opportunity.
Sorry but refs cost us the game sure though you can go after players on the team just be negative.
Did you say anything during 11 game streak?

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Everyone knows the NBA is a reputation based league as far as officiating is concerned.

The question is, what else does Demar have to do to earn getting those calls on a regular basis?

The guy is a perennial all star for crying out loud.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Everyone knows the NBA is a reputation based league as far as officiating is concerned.

The question is, what else does Demar have to do to earn getting those calls on a regular basis?

The guy is a perennial all star for crying out loud.

You ever seen that line south of us on a map?

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
raps-magic756.jpg

Game Preview: Raptors at Magic | Toronto Raptors

Game Preview: Raptors at Magic

Holly MacKenzie - Raptors.com
Posted: Mar 20, 2018

Toronto Raptors (52-18)@ Orlando Magic (21-49)
When: Tuesday, March 20th, 7P.M. ET
Where: Amway Center
Broadcast info: TSN2, SN590
LAST MEETING
Toronto earned a 117-104 victory against the Magic in the last meeting between the two teams, in Orlando, on Feb. 28. The Raptors erupted for a 42-point first quarter, leading by five after the opening 12 minutes, but the Magic kept things close throughout, until the fourth quarter where the Raptors closed the game on a 20-8 run. Pascal Siakam scored 10 of his 14 points in the final quarter, while Fred VanVleet added six points in the frame. DeMar DeRozan led all scorers with 21 points in the game, while Kyle Lowry added 17 points, seven rebounds and 11 assists. The Magic were led by 17 points from Mario Hezonja off the bench, and 17 points from Evan Fournier.
LEADING INTO TONIGHT'S GAME
Injury report:
For Toronto, Fred VanVleet is questionable with a right hand contusion. VanvVleet missed Sunday's game against the Oklahoma City Thunder. For the Magic, Evan Fournier (sprained MCL left knee) is out, as is former Raptors guard Terrence Ross (sprained right MCL, non-displaced fracture of right tibial plateau).
Streak snapped: The Oklahoma City Thunder snapped Toronto's season-high, franchise-high tying 11-game winning streak on Sunday, defeating the Raptors 132-125 in an afternoon matinee. Russell Westbrook delivered another triple-double for the Thunder, finishing with 37 points, 13 rebounds , and 14 assists, including 17 points in the fourth quarter.
Back-to-back: Tuesday's game will be the first in a road back-to-back for the Raptors. Following the contest with the Magic, the team will fly immediately to Cleveland, to prepare to take on the Cavaliers on Wednesday night. This is the team's final back-to-back with both games being played on the road.
EXTRA ASSISTS
Road warriors:
Though the Thunder snapped Toronto's streak of consecutive games won, the Raptors have another streak on the go: consecutive road wins. The Raptors have currently won a franchise-record eight straight on the road, and have the fourth-best road record in the league at 23-12. The franchise record for road victories in a single-season is 24, set during the 2015-16 season.
Powell back: Norman Powell returned to the lineup against the Thunder, playing 13 minutes. Powell finished with six points and two assists in his first game back after missing the previous two games with a left ankle sprain sustained during a basketball workout. Though Powell returned, Fred VanVleet sat for Sunday's contest, because of a wrist contusion. Delon Wright stepped up in his absence, recording a career-high eight assists to go with 15 points in the loss.
Double-double: Kyle Lowry recorded a 22-point, 10-assist double-double on Sunday. It was his 21st double-double of the season, and tied him with Damon Stoudamire (86) for fifth on Toronto's all-time list. Jonas Valanciunas leads all Raptors with 23 double-doubles this season, and is second on the all-time list, with 129 double-doubles. Chris Bosh is the franchise leader, with 239 double-doubles during his Raptors tenure.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Raps look like a team missing 2 of their heavy rotation guys.

Also #FreeBebe.

He's probably gone in the off-season because he'll be due a raise and there's not a regular rotation spot available for him in a lineup that has JV, Poeltl, Ibaka, and Siakam ahead of him as bigs, but I like what he can bring that's different than the other 4/5 guys (he's the lankiest defender, most likely to be a shot-changer, can run the floor better than all the other bigs besides Siakam, is a very nice passer, and plays a good pick and roll game). I feel like if he got some extended regular minutes to help iron out some of his inconsistencies he could be a very nice backup 4/5. I doubt it's possible, but I'd try to find a taker for Ibaka's contract remainder. The only thing lost in this scenario is really Ibaka's penchant for a reasonable # of 3s for a ground-bound interior 4. Run JV/Siakam and Poeltl/Nogueira going forward, and use some of that Ibaka contract space to find another wing to push Powell.

Now if only we could do something about Bebe's derpy face tattoos.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Another terrible game saved by playing against a bad team.
I am not too excited about their chances in the playoffs. Their is a higher chance they lose in the 1st round then winning the 2nd round.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I am not too excited about their chances in the playoffs. Their is a higher chance they lose in the 1st round then winning the 2nd round.

We were missing Demar and FVV, and it's tough for these guys to get amped up for games like this. Considering their recent record, I think they deserve a lot of slack.

We still won on the road shorthanded against a team we should beat.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Ridiculous hot take. Raps are going all the way. Nobody will stop them, not even LBJ. They are too deep. There, I said it.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Ridiculous hot take. Raps are going all the way. Nobody will stop them, not even LBJ. They are too deep. There, I said it.
"Raps are going all the way" season 5 coming this April. Same movie as usual. Excitement and then terrible basketball in the playoffs. The excuses machine starts and then next year starts with more excitement.
They cant beat the good teams and as a result, they dont give me confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad