Raptors Discussion: V64 Round 3! First conf. finals in franchise history!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Some team is going to give him crazy stupid starting C money because they overestimate his ability to start and play heavy minutes over the course of a whole season. I like him a lot, but he should not be a starter for any reason other than injury/emergency. He just doesn't have the hands.

Yea I like the energy he has brought but I believe he's shown why he's not a starter in these last few games and why his game is best suited off the bench.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Yea I like the energy he has brought but I believe he's shown why he's not a starter in these last few games and why his game is best suited off the bench.

As a defensive presence and energy guy he is basically perfect off the bench. But his non-existent offensive game, tendency to handle the ball like a live grenade, and prediliction for fouling would cripple a team that tries to use him as a full-time starter. Best case would be a platoon with an above-average backup, but even that isn't ideal.

Honestly, I'm not that upset though. Nogueira is a lot better than people give him credit for. He's not a hyper athletic, in-your-face type guy like Biyombo, but he's a good rebounder, has some shot-blocking ability, can run the floor, and can actually handle the basketball and run things like a pick-and-roll. He needs to add strength, and he will get caught out of position and foul a little too much, but as a backup those aren't deal-breakers. He'll slide into that 2nd unit with little problem.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Thank goodness for KL showing up lately. Team played their best game of the playoffs today as well I'd have to say.

Happy to see some more basketball but really am not expecting much. Fingers are crossed that JV will play.

Was also so refreshing to watch the game on ABC. Jackson and VG were great compared to our clown crew

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
We gave Ross 11 mil to be a back-up swingman.

I'd prefer to trade him and give the money to Biz.
I'd rather Ross and Powell split time next year and resign Biz than bringing back DeMar at anything over $15M

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think this series goes 6 or 7. Call it a gut feeling. I think we'll give Cleveland a run for it. If they want to get to the finals, they will have to earn it.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
We made history today! This is about as far as I would realistically expect. I'd love a series win of course, but whatever happens from hereon is just a bonus.

Koto

May 3, 2011
hope JV is healthy, if so i see no reason why it wont be a competitive series

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Props to PK Subban for attending all the Raps playoff games

PK even flew to Indianapolis and posted a photo with Andrew Luck

However, judging by his Twitter, I think Devante Smith-Pelley might actually be the biggest Raptors fan among hockey players.

Anyways, I'm just glad to see this team advance. Been a fan since day 1. Hell, I remember when the Raptors defeated the Bulls in 96 during their inaugural season :laugh:

Last edited:

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
They scratched and clawed their way out of difficult situations. Even when they were struggling you could see the fight in them was amazing. Well deserved outcome and a rightful place.

Eastern conference finals, who would've thought?

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I think that fatigue will be a factor in the next series. We had the talent to put away Indiana and Miami in 5-6 games, but to take on such a well rested Cavs team after going the distance the first two rounds is going to be a monumental task. At the very least, I hope JV will be ready.

Mar 26, 2010
Awesome for the City of Toronto! Lets Go Raptors!

gordonshumway

Sep 18, 2010

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Nah, Raptors will win one game at most.

Seriously, I've never seen such a 180 before. Last week, they were skeptical about even beating the Heat. Now we have a chance to win a couple games against Cleveland. :laugh:

Cavs in 5. They are simply too good.

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region
He's barely top 10.

1. Rasual Butler
2. Rafael Araujo
3. Andrea Bargnani
4. Jason Kapono
5. John Lucas the turd
6. Oliver Miller
7. Patrick O'Bryant
8. Zan Tabak
9. Hedo Türkoğlu
10. Kyle Lowry

Seriously though loving this. Been a die hard fan since day 1 and this is an amazing moment. I've barely watched the Raps this year but I have caught a couple of semi-finals games. I see Casey is still up to his old tricks with coaching but that beatdown they laid on Wad and the cHeat is legendary. It's Karmic bliss.

I hate to see people get sick but I bet that diva Bosh is crying and eating a tub of ice cream in his jammies at home too.

Dont forget Roko Ukic, good ol' Rocking Roko. Lowry is definately the second best pg we've had next to Rocking Roko.

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region
I hate to say it but if the raptors still had chris bosh, we would be legit contenders. He's literally the only thing this team is missing.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
If Lowry plays like he did the last 3 games, Carroll plays well against LBJ and someone can cover Love, I think they have a chance. A lot of variables though, and I'd feel a lot better if JV was healthy but I think it will be a competitive series.

I figured it would be a sweep earlier in the 2nd round, but that game 7 gave me hope! They had some killer instinct FINALLY!

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I hate to say it but if the raptors still had chris bosh, we would be legit contenders. He's literally the only thing this team is missing.

He'd still be missing unfortunately knowing his situation. There's a good chance he'll never play again.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Proud of this team.

I've criticized this player and that over the course of the season but here they are.

Whatever happens happens. A real achievement has been made here.

Well done boys. Now do us proud whatever the results against the Cavs.

I know that they will. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad