Raptors Discussion: V64 Round 3! First conf. finals in franchise history!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
That was one of the hypest games I've ever seen.

First Bautista HR in Game 5, and then that absolute beatdown in Game 7.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Lowry played like the star that he is today. Best player the Raptors have ever had. If he can keep his shooting up, we can steal a game or 2 against the Cavs.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
He's going to cash in, and I won't blame him for chasing the money. I can't see us giving him big bucks to come back as the backup C.

We gave Ross 11 mil to be a back-up swingman.

I'd prefer to trade him and give the money to Biz.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Lowry played like the star that he is today. Best player the Raptors have ever had. If he can keep his shooting up, we can steal a game or 2 against the Cavs.

Top 5 for sure.

1. Andrea Bargnani
2. Hedo Turkoglu
3. Jason Kapono
4. Jamario Moon
5. Kyle Lowry

But seriously. Fun time to be a Raptors fan. We have watched some really, really bad basketball clubs.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
That's what happens when everyone shows up!

Best overall team performance of the playoffs by far. If we play like that against Cleveland, we might give them a run for their money.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Lowry played like the star that he is today. Best player the Raptors have ever had.

That title still belongs to VC. I would even take Bosh over Lowry.

But fantastic game by Kyle. These past two games (and game 3) were such a far cry from round 1.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Cavs are a very strange team. Smith/Irving/Love can be lethal offensive players but all are pretty suspect defensively. ATL/DET weren't able to take advantage but Lowry/Derozan should be able to exploit some matchups this series.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
That title still belongs to VC. I would even take Bosh over Lowry.

But fantastic game by Kyle. These past two games (and game 3) were such a far cry from round 1.

VC has better longevity but I would say the season Lowry just had is the best Raptor season ever.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
VC has better longevity but I would say the season Lowry just had is the best Raptor season ever.

Lowry is undoubtedly the best PG this team has ever had.

But in VC's 3rd season, he had a legitimate case for being a top 2 player and the next successor to MJ.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
classy remarks by spoelstra.

the good thing about playing in a city as close as cleveland is that our fans can really make a difference!
i want to see "we the north' invade.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Gotta give Masai credit. If it weren't for his off season acquisitions, we would not be going to the conference finals for the first time in franchise history. Lowry and DeMar showed up the last 3 games and made the difference, but it was our supporting cast that got us through to that point.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Top 5 for sure.

1. Andrea Bargnani
2. Hedo Turkoglu
3. Jason Kapono
4. Jamario Moon
5. Kyle Lowry

But seriously. Fun time to be a Raptors fan. We have watched some really, really bad basketball clubs.

He's barely top 10.

1. Rasual Butler
2. Rafael Araujo
3. Andrea Bargnani
4. Jason Kapono
5. John Lucas the turd
6. Oliver Miller
7. Patrick O'Bryant
8. Zan Tabak
9. Hedo Türkoğlu
10. Kyle Lowry

Seriously though loving this. Been a die hard fan since day 1 and this is an amazing moment. I've barely watched the Raps this year but I have caught a couple of semi-finals games. I see Casey is still up to his old tricks with coaching but that beatdown they laid on Wad and the cHeat is legendary. It's Karmic bliss.

I hate to see people get sick but I bet that diva Bosh is crying and eating a tub of ice cream in his jammies at home too.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Lowry is undoubtedly the best PG this team has ever had.

But in VC's 3rd season, he had a legitimate case for being a top 2 player and the next successor to MJ.

Going to have to agree with you there. This season he's basically taken it away from Damon Stoudamire, Jose Calderon and Alvin Williams. He's supplanted them all and cemented his place as the all time #1 Raptors PG.

Anytime you can lead a franchise to the best position it's been in franchise history and dominate the other team you get that respect and honor.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Credit to Lowry and DD, especially later on in the series for the latter, for stepping up in this series.

Got no expectations going in vs Cleveland. I hope they can take them to 6 games :D

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
Wow congrats to the Raptors on making the Conference finals for the first time in franchise history! :handclap:

Winning 2 game 7's in a row is pretty special. Hope the Raptors give the Cavs all they can handle and maybe score the upset :popcorn:

With Cleveland being so close I imagine there will be a huge army of Raptor fans making the trip for the away games.

Go Raps Go :yo:

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Between this and the Blue Jays brawl what a day for Toronto sports. Of course the Leafs are out golfing or something :sad:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Don't say that. He has to come back. :(

Some team is going to give him crazy stupid starting C money because they overestimate his ability to start and play heavy minutes over the course of a whole season. I like him a lot, but he should not be a starter for any reason other than injury/emergency. He just doesn't have the hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->