Useless Thread MDCCXCIX: This Week in K-Pop (fromis_9, Rocket Punch comebacks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
You're right, she doesn't.

However, given her celebrity status, to deny that she can affect the discourse is downright naive, if not outright malicious.

She's not some no-name citizen saying these things in the privacy of her home. She's a celebrity broadcasting her opinions on social media. If she doesn't want backlash, she should consider not broadcasting her opinions
Okay

And you're free to ignore such opinion

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
The thing with JKR is people don't really challenge her correctly, the same people who say how terrible a human she is are the ones sending her death threats and shit and this just causes her to double down and claim victimhood like she did in that blog post

I think there is room for debate on the topic because the trans issue is a complicated one and the concerns of TERFs like her should be listened to and properly addressed, the main problem with her views are that the justifications for them are stuff that is straight out of the far-right playbook, like "men will assault me in toilets"

Sep 19, 2008
As far as I know and I could be wrong the commentary that offends is in a book

Do not buy the book

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
440px-Parental_Advisory_label.svg.png

If you don't want your children to hear it, just don't listen to it.

Can you even somewhat grasp how stupid that logic is? Ignoring something doesn't make it cease to exist.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'm sure I've said it before, but I'll not have criticism of The Island and the transformative effect Scarlett Johansson in a tight white bodysuit had on my youth.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
lol, the wrestling board didn't even make a thread for the Backlash PPV that was on Sunday?

There was a zombie lumberjack match and people said it was the stupidest thing ever

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
God damn spam callers leaving me spam voicemails.

Maybe I should buy an airhorn and blast it into my phone whenever it's a spam caller

Sep 19, 2008
I don't agree with you often but we agree wwe sucks now.

Like nobody watched backlash.

They have a steel cage on nxt and nobody cared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad