Useless Thread MDCCXCIX: This Week in K-Pop (fromis_9, Rocket Punch comebacks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
"The solution to cyberbullying is to just log off" is that same kind of bullshit, braindead logic.

Just because you can't hear or read what someone is saying doesn't mean that other people aren't listening and being persuaded by it.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Molly Weasley - her entire value in the story is being an awesome mom to these many children and also becoming a surrogate mother for Harry, then her one badass moment at the end is when she kills Helena Bonham Carter because "not my daughter, you bitch!" and defeats her with mom love

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
JK Rowling also said that all of the wizards shit themselves and use magic to clean up the shit.

Safe to say she's a f***ing whacko

Sep 19, 2008
I'm not going to read these rants anymore I can't have Potter spoiled like this

why would you f***ing say that

I haven't read anything over HP5

Sep 19, 2008
"If you don't like what that artist said, just ignore them!"

Yes, just ignore someone trying to deny your existence and limit your rights
Is there an issue with this

It's not like she has the power to implement this into law

BREAKING people have bad ideas. Punish them! Send them to jail!!

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
A big problem with those type of YA dystopia series is they always do the "reveal" too early and then you lose interest, because what kept you interested is the mystery of why they're t where they are.

A perfect example is the Michael Bay movie The Island featuring Ewan McGregor and Scar Jo

The start of the movie is excellent when they're in the institution type place after a supposed cataclysmic event, and there's the whole mystery of what "The Island" is but then the movie gets shite when they escape that place and there is no Island and it's just the real world, and the movie becomes your classic Michael Bay transformers explosiongasm fest. I think there's a scene with a car chase on a freeway which is literally copied and pasted from this into one of the Transformers movies or vice-versa

Sep 19, 2008
I don't wish to sound callous here but she's entitled to wacky beliefs and I'm entitled to not heed them

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Is there an issue with this

It's not like she has the power to implement this into law

You're right, she doesn't.

However, given her celebrity status, to deny that she can affect the discourse is downright naive, if not outright malicious.

She's not some no-name citizen saying these things in the privacy of her home. She's a celebrity broadcasting her opinions on social media. If she doesn't want backlash, she should consider not broadcasting her opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad