Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
this is the wrong reason to cancel genshin

genshin should be cancelled because gacha is a scam and the game is p2w

before you bitch that a free player can clear genshin content take a look at what Multiverse does re: pay content

multiverse gems are generally for cosmetic player skins and more xp boosts

but you can still grind a level 1 character to 13+ without issue
so... a paying player in Multiversus can reach higher levels faster, and that's not P2W

But the same thing in Genshin - i.e. a paying player might have been able to clear the endgame content one version (i.e. ~a month) earlier, and that only happened when the game launched - is P2W

🤔

a F2P player in genshin who has been playing for a year will be able to clear endgame content and get the same rewards as a whale who has been whaling for 2 whole years

the only difference is it will take the F2P player maybe 10 minutes to clear the last stage of the Abyss, where it will take 1-2 minutes for a whale and 6-7 minutes for a dolphin. Big f***ing deal. Paying saves you 3-8 minutes per period of 15 days, for rewards you don't even care about anyways since you're a whale.

Sep 19, 2008
so... a paying player in Multiversus can reach higher levels faster, and that's not P2W

But the same thing in Genshin - i.e. a paying player might have been able to clear the endgame content one version (i.e. ~a month) earlier, and that only happened when the game launched - is P2W

🤔
just having a high level does not guarantee win

if you put it like that you could buy 3000 gems, buy iron giant (who is op) and beat everyone's ass (was beaten by level 4 Iron Giant!)

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
just having a high level does not guarantee win

if you put it like that you could buy 3000 gems, buy iron giant (who is op) and beat everyone's ass (was beaten by level 4 Iron Giant!)
Again, you still aren't assessing the "win" part of Genshin. Genshin is objectively, by all and any mean, NOT a P2W game. It's "Pay to collect them all" sure, but "collecting them all" isn't necessary to "win".

Imagine if Pokémon games were gacha games, and didn't have any online competitive mode, and the legendary Pokémon could only be obtained through Gacha. You'd still be able to beat the Elite 4 without them.

Sep 19, 2008
Again, you still aren't assessing the "win" part of Genshin. Genshin is objectively, by all and any mean, NOT a P2W game. It's "Pay to collect them all" sure, but "collecting them all" isn't necessary to "win".

Imagine if Pokémon games were gacha games, and didn't have any online competitive mode, and the legendary Pokémon could only be obtained through Gacha. You'd still be able to beat the Elite 4 without them.
you say this but multiple characters are locked from the start

same with multiversus but at least there's a "free rotation"

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
you say this but multiple characters are locked from the start

same with multiversus but at least there's a "free rotation"
yes, and? all it means is you can't clear endgame content instantly

and, in case you didn't know, endgame is not meant to be cleared when you start a game

Sep 19, 2008
yes, and? all it means is you can't clear endgame content instantly

and, in case you didn't know, endgame is not meant to be cleared when you start a game
no mona from the start no play

everyone beat them with their squirtles or starter pokemon evolved !

and you did not even NEED legendary pokemon. i had a lvl 50 golem who beat them repeatedly

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Multiversus is so obviously a blatant rip off of Smash Bros that I can only assume it's also a very underwhelming fighting game that people think is amazing for no apparent reason.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
no mona from the start no play

everyone beat them with their squirtles or starter pokemon evolved !

and you did not even NEED legendary pokemon. i had a lvl 50 golem who beat them repeatedly
same with genshin, Abyss is clearable with characters you get from the start and those you realisitcally get through gacha with the free currency you get exploring, completing quests, participating in events, etc.

Multiversus is so obviously a blatant rip off of Smash Bros that I can only assume it's also a very underwhelming fighting game.
The animations look horrible.

At least Genshin rose above the "BotW clone" label with continuous incredible character designs, open world design, etc.

Like, Genshin arguably has the most well built open world map of all time. Yes, even better than BotW (which is just larger, but larger =\= better).

Sep 19, 2008
Multiversus is so obviously a blatant rip off of Smash Bros that I can only assume it's also a very underwhelming fighting game that people think is amazing for no apparent reason.
yeah because smash brothers had rotations and online matchmaking and perks :rolleyes:

by that token of logic Genshin is literally a chinese ripoff of Zelda

Sep 19, 2008
It's true of Smash Bros. and also of Nintendo as a whole: the games are made for local multiplayer. It took Nintendo a while to embrace online gaming compared to other developers, and when they did, their services were worse than the rest. Online Smash Bros. has greatly improved since its introduction in Brawl, but it's still considered lacking.

Not so for MultiVersus, which is designed around online play first and foremost. It even has rollback netcode, the current yardstick for whether developers are trying to promote online play. The flip side is that MultiVersus has almost nothing besides online content, so unlike Smash, players who prefer single-player won't have a good time.

Smash is just not a great fighting game
Yes. That's why Multiversus improved on it.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Same thing with Mario Kart. Compare it to good racing games and it's so laughably bad.

Sure, it's a fun party game to play with friends, but that doesn't make it a good racing game.

Sep 19, 2008
Same thing with Mario Kart. Compare it to good racing games and it's so laughably bad.

Sure, it's a fun party game to play with friends, but that doesn't make it a good racing game.
i haven't played much smash to be honest but i don't know about your opinion of mario kart

it seems pretty solid to me

Sep 19, 2008
I haven't seen a good racing game in a long time. I've always wanted to play them again but there are just too many laps

in the old day

1661179373489.png

nowadays

1661179399911.png

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
i haven't played much smash to be honest but i don't know about your opinion of mario kart

it seems pretty solid to me

Obviously Mario Kart isn't a simulation racer, but even as an arcade-y kart racer, it's lacking in many areas.

They can't even get a f***ing replay system to not be complete ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad