Useless Thread MDCCCXXXix : Accidentally on Purpose Typo Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Maybe it's because I was scared shitless of horror movies when I was a kid, but horror movies do very little for me nowadays.

Midsommar f***ing sucked, it was so predictable and lame

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Similar to the Terminator movies, Alien is more of a horror movie, while Aliens is more of an action movie.
Agreed entirely.

I am a massive fan of the first Terminator movie. I think it's extraordinarily underrated. Is it as polished as T2? Not even close. However, there is some really good acting in that movie (Michael Biehn especially) and the atmosphere is fantastic. It's dark, depressing and gritty. They accomplished a tremendous amount with the budget they had.

Sep 19, 2008
In the first few minutes of Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) a 26 year old gives a 15 year old his number

Creep

Sep 19, 2008
You guys watch Prey?
No

Agreed entirely.

I am a massive fan of the first Terminator movie. I think it's extraordinarily underrated. Is it as polished as T2? Not even close. However, there is some really good acting in that movie (Michael Biehn especially) and the atmosphere is fantastic. It's dark, depressing and gritty. They accomplished a tremendous amount with the budget they had.
Never seen t1 just don't see the point

Arnold as the bad guy 🤯

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Agreed entirely.

Overall, it's a great movie, but there's a few scenes where the prosthetics and animatronics don't hold up at all.

However, some scenes are better precisely because they had less to work with. Just the way the exoskeleton mechanically struggles and lumbers during the factory chase still makes it a great scary scene.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
No

Never seen t1 just don't see the point

Arnold as the bad guy 🤯
It's awesome. I don't think you'll be a big fan of it, but it's a really good movie.

Overall, it's a great movie, but there's a few scenes where the prosthetics and animatronics don't hold up at all.
True. It's nowhere near the sequel in that regard. I would argue that it doesn't significantly decrease the enjoyment, personally.
However, some scenes are better precisely because they had less to work with. Just the way the exoskeleton mechanically struggles and lumbers during the factory chase still makes it a great scary scene.
Absolutely. The fact that it struggles actually ADDS to that scene in my opinion.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Disappointment, thy name is Terminator 3.

Actually, the second half of T3 is above average. It's the first half, where they shit all over the ending to T2, do too much wacky comedy, and go too over-the-top with the action scenes, that's really disappointing.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer
Sep 19, 2008
I just feel like anything outside of T2 isn't worth my time

I'm going to go lie down and watch more of Fast Times at Ridgemont High. I was promised nudity and hot cougars. I have seen none so far!!

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte

Yeah, it's f***ing stupid.

I guess it's a swerve in T2, when we find out that Cyberdyne acquired the damaged T-800 from the ending of the first movie. Which lead to Sarah being institutionalized and Skynet paradoxically being created by that T-800 being sent back in the first movie.

I'm pretty sure T2 was supposed to be the end, but some hollywood pinheads could only see dollar signs whenever they thought about making another sequel.

Last edited:

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
I don't understand how you can watch T2 without ever seeing The Terminator.

"Who's this crazy lady and why is she in a hospital"

"Kyle Reese, who's that?"

Sep 19, 2008
I don't understand how you can watch T2 without ever seeing The Terminator.

"Who's this crazy lady and why is she in a hospital"

"Kyle Reese, who's that?"
Well it's not like you need to know the background

First of all T2 was the more iconic one that everyone knew

Second of all the film sets up why she's there and explains what happened in the last film

Third of all who the f*** is kyle reese

fourth of all T1 had Arnold as the bad guy so not sure why I would want to watch that

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Second of all the film sets up why she's there and explains what happened in the last film

Third of all who the f*** is kyle reese

cm-punk-wwe.gif

Clearly it doesn't explain everything from the first film if you don't know that Kyle Reese is John Connor's father.

Sep 19, 2008
This alleged 15 year old sneaks out with a 26 year old to "The Point" as Jackson Brown - Somebody's Baby plays

Like that is sick lmao

When I was 15 year old I was playing starcraft all day after school and during the weekends, ain't nobody have time to go out and party

Also, is the 26 year old the same guy who says he puts out 3000 offers every day and to just swag it up to the girl in the biology class...the same girl that is sneaking out to hang with 26 year old men lol

Clearly it doesn't explain everything from the first film if you don't know that Kyle Reese is John Connor's father.
it sets up why she's in the asylum

Sep 19, 2008
Nudity :eek3:

I wish she wouldn't lie about being 19 though that just feels wrong lmao

@Siamese Dream remember when Neil said Simon fancied a 16 year old, this is kind of what it feels like watching this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad