Useless Thread MDCCCXXXIII continue without supporting us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
can't believe Bruins were actually stupid enough to fire Cassidy

it's just mind boggling why they would do something that asinine

At least Sauga has the OHL COACH OF THE YEAR.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
And the funniest thing is that the Habs rushed to re-sign St. Louis just because he speaks french. If the Habs signed Cassidy maybe they'd actually win something.

(did you know St Louis improved play of Cole Caufield! Probably only good thing he's done in MTL! Lol!)

Side note: I never denied Caps were getting old, I said repeatedly they were old and that they were one of the oldest teams to win the cup. They are up against the wall cap wise too so I don't envision anything good happening this offseason, not a lot of space to make much moves other than re-signing one of Vitek or Samsonov...And Backstrom is on IR and may not play for a while (same with Wilson)

So don't accuse me of being homer or shill I follow this team closer than you follow any hockey team, French boy
Habs didn't rush to sign St-Louis at all. It's not like any team even had him on their radar as a potential coach. He was signed over many available, experienced coaches like Bob Hartley, Michel Therrien, etc. Obviously he's part of Kent Hughes and Jeff Gorton's "circles", but they liked his philosophy and his ideas - and many fans do. They didn't re-sign St-Louis to win. Marty said it himself after officially being appointed as HC for the next 3 years. He is there to develop players, for the most part.

Caufield wasn't the only player who had their play improve under MSL. Romanov improved. Dvorak improved. Petry improved a lot. Evans improved. Poehling improved. The entire team did, and ended up playing a slightly more cohesive that wasn't just dump and chase game. He puts focus on skilled plays, something that would cause young players being benched and having their confidence shattered if they dared make a costly mistake under previous coaching.

Also, my comment about OV was about a recent picture he appears in, not about the Caps.

• Haha
Reactions: John Price
Sep 19, 2008
Habs didn't rush to sign St-Louis at all. It's not like any team even had him on their radar as a potential coach. He was signed over many available, experienced coaches like Bob Hartley, Michel Therrien, etc. Obviously he's part of Kent Hughes and Jeff Gorton's "circles", but they liked his philosophy and his ideas - and many fans do. They didn't re-sign St-Louis to win. Marty said it himself after officially being appointed as HC for the next 3 years. He is there to develop players, for the most part.

Caufield wasn't the only player who had their play improve under MSL. Romanov improved. Dvorak improved. Petry improved a lot. Evans improved. Poehling improved. The entire team did, and ended up playing a slightly more cohesive that wasn't just dump and chase game. He puts focus on skilled plays, something that would cause young players being benched and having their confidence shattered if they dared make a costly mistake under previous coaching.

Also, my comment about OV was about a recent picture he appears in, not about the Caps.
youre such a blind homer for the habs.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
youre such a blind homer for the habs.
why is that? :huh:

do you want the list of all the french coach (because, yes, they WERE going to hire a french coach and at the time of the hire, there wasn't really any good english speaking candidates either, btw)?

or do you want all the players' stats before and after MSL's arrival?

Sep 19, 2008
why is that? :huh:

do you want the list of all the french coach (because, yes, they WERE going to hire a french coach and at the time of the hire, there wasn't really any good english speaking candidates either, btw)?

or do you want all the players' stats before and after MSL's arrival?
news flash they still were the worst team in hockey after his arival

so bad as to finish with #1 pick

and with Price career in jeopardy don't expect things to get better next season...

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
news flash they still were the worst team in hockey after his arival

so bad as to finish with #1 pick

and with Price career in jeopardy don't expect things to get better next season...
They factually weren't.

They were 24th in both wins and standing points % from February 9th (his hire) to the end of the season.

The fact they still finished with the worst record in the league in spite of that just shows how bad they were under Ducharme.

Sep 19, 2008
They factually weren't.

They were 24th in both wins and standing points % from February 9th (his hire) to the end of the season.

The fact they still finished with the worst record in the league in spite of that just shows how bad they were under Ducharme.
So according to you Hab will make playoff next year. Okay. :laugh:

Get a goalie that can stay healthy first then get back to me.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
So according to you Hab will make playoff next year. Okay. :laugh:

Get a goalie that can stay healthy first then get back to me.
Did you know that 24th in the league is not playoffs material

Especially not with a roster that should be expected to be "worse" even if the younger players improve

And it's not like Habs fans want the Habs to do well. And Habs management isn't expecting to be any good either. Next year's draft has the potential to have the best top-2 since OV/Malkin in Bedard/Michkov.

• Haha
Sep 19, 2008
LOL AVS

Did you know that 24th in the league is not playoffs material

Especially not with a roster that should be expected to be "worse" even if the younger players improve

And it's not like Habs fans want the Habs to do well. And Habs management isn't expecting to be any good either. Next year's draft has the potential to have the best top-2 since OV/Malkin in Bedard/Michkov.
your blind optimism cracks me up

Sep 19, 2008
What blind optimism?

Thinking the Habs will be bad in a year where the Draft class is ridiculously good is blind optimism, but thinking the Habs will improve is blind homerism

:huh:
:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:
i saw in the papers the other day price will still be out in 2022-23

habs gonna be in a world of hurt rofl

Sep 19, 2008
1654568357956.png

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
i saw in the papers the other day price will still be out in 2022-23d

habs gonna be in a world of hurt rofl
Again - who cares. Habs fans will tell you they much better finish bottom 10 than make the playoffs. It's in no way a guarantee at either Michkov or Bedard, but even outside of those two potential franchise players, the rest of the top 10 looks very good. Habs are most likely going to do a quick rebuild+retool over the next 2-3 years, rather than committing to a lengthy, full on rebuild.

And even if Price plays, it most likely won't change much.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad