Useless Thread MDCCCLXXXV: Pat McAfee Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
just get new ones, if the size is too big your toes will literally rip through the insoles and the shoe itself

These are new shoes.

Is $55 expensive for a pair of shoes?

No, but I don't like the idea of spending $55 extra on brand new shoes for special insoles.

This would be easier if I just didn't give a shit and wore whatever shoes I want to work.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
These are new shoes.

No. I should just say f*** it and wear whatever shoes I want to work.

Do you guys have a shoe policy?

I think at this stage in my career I'd refuse to work anywhere that had strict policies. The work trip i went on earlier this month mandated "business casual" for the team dinner and I about died. I wore sneakers and no sport coat/tie whatsoever.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Do you guys have a shoe policy?

I think at this stage in my career I'd refuse to work anywhere that had strict policies. The work trip i went on earlier this month mandated "business casual" for the team dinner and I about died. I wore sneakers and no sport coat/tie whatsoever.

Our department doesn't have a clothing policy, but our special group tries to dress nicer since we're here during the busiest hours.

Some guys wear jeans and a t-shirt (and look like shit), while our group is usually wearing slacks and button-ups.

f*** it, I work with almost all men, I could probably just wear black sneakers and no one would notice.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
"The Lions wouldn't be here without going for it on 4th down."

And yet last week they only went for it once, when it was 4th and goal from the 1. A situation where they kicked the FG this week, just to go for it in less advantageous situations.

What a f***ing disappointment.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Weaver & Goldberg calling a classic MNF Dolphins/Cowboys game from 1984. 🐬

the Tay-Tay effect. :heart:

Stop bandwagoning on music stars you don't even listen to

and no, they didn't show taylor at all at the game or reference her. nobody cared or knew she was there. and again, the second MVS catches that ball, reaching out, from Mahomes everyone left. You can see it during the kiss all the empty seats int he background, it was 90% Ravens fans and they all went home after that

• Haha
Reactions: PanthersPens62

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Stop bandwagoning on music stars you don't even listen to

and no, they didn't show taylor at all at the game or reference her. nobody cared or knew she was there. and again, the second MVS catches that ball, reaching out, from Mahomes everyone left. You can see it during the kiss all the empty seats int he background, it was 90% Ravens fans and they all went home after that
You mad. 😹 Here maybe this will cheer you up.......Weaver & the iconic Jim Mandich calling the Leon Lett play.

And yes, you are right.......I don't listen to Tay-Tay's music. But I am weirdly invested in this much as I was with Scandoval. It's soapy goodness ! :laugh: And I love watching all the usual macho types having a meltdown over the attention this is getting. So this is going to be a lonnnnnggggg 2 weeks for you because I am going to enjoy the heck out of this until CBS signs off Super Bowl Sunday with a final shot of the lovebirds celebrating being on top of the world. :heart:

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
I have zero interest in watching the Super Bowl now.

And this isn't just sour grapes, I've long contended that the Super Bowl is a shit sporting event.

Exhibit A of why the Super Bowl f***ing blows: I tried to Google "2023 Super bowl review" and all of the results were either about the halftime show or the commercials.

The Super Bowl being the 4th biggest attraction of its own night is so f***ing stupid.

The Super Bowl is not a football game. The Super Bowl is this whole giant shitshow that has become far more popular/profitable than the game.

When there is a sizable portion of the audience tuning in just for the commercials, it shouldn't be surprising that the football game gets treated like it's not the most important thing happening in the night.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Screenshot_20240129-143310.png

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
"Yeah Boston lost in the playoffs but they should still be really proud of their historic season because wasn't it a lot of fun? Didn't the players and fans have the time of their lives? The playoffs don't negate that, in my eyes at least."

Someone hang that banner up "2023 Season: We had fun".

It's not that they lost, it's how they lost that heavily negates their historic regular season.

People would point and laugh at anything short of a Cup win, but that's not the same as becoming a laughing stock because of your massive disappointment.

God damn, that was oddly topical

17925cdfc429cc7551e6c2ffdcde4f1e

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Bob Costas: "We have over 100 million people throughout the world tuned in to watch this game, many of them, of course, with no understanding of the sport, nonetheless fascinated by the flickering images and the bright pretty colors."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia