GDT: USA vs. Sweden | January 5th, Final; 1:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM Local

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
This is an incredibly childish comment.

Anytime a European country loses a sporting event it’s always the fault of the population size.

Not even considering that hockey is a fringe sport in the US. Grow up.
Not to mention when its some other global issue that the US gets criticized for, they sweep population size under the rug because it won't booster their argument.

Reactions: Devonator

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I was a bit baffled about this too. They seemed to be just as happy of humiliating the Swedes as the actual win? I have a hard time seeing the finns or the Czechs act like that. They would be too happy over winning the gold to care about nonsense.
Just called being hungry for victory. Harder to turn that on and off when you are a teenager. You can't just be good, you have to want the win more than anything.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Free Chipotle? If it's anything like my experiences with my local store, I hope they enjoy standing in line for a half hour to order their slow food. What's that, you'll just order online? Enjoy missing half of your order and the rest being wrong. Place sucks.

Reactions: pbgoalie

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I am proud of Sweden did not think they would play close to this good. It was not a 6-2 difference play wise. Missed Carlsson. We need all of our best to beat Canada or US with the system we play.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Ive never had it, is it really that good?

I’m surprised by most of the comments about it here.

Is it to die for, no but It’s very solid Mexican food, at least for it being ‘fast food’.

Exponentially better in quality and freshness than Taco Bell, for example, which I struggle to eat unless pretty drunk.

Chipotle can be a little pricey but I can willingly eat it and be satisifed pretty much every time I do. I’d recommend it

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I’m surprised by most of the comments about it here.

It’s solid Mexican food, at least for it being ‘fast food’.

Exponentially better in quality and freshness than Taco Bell, for example, which I struggle to eat unless drunk.

Chipotle can be a little pricey but I can willingly eat it and be happy pretty much every time
They dont have any in Quebec as far as I am aware of but ill keep my eyes out for it when I am in the States next

thanks

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

plusandminus

Mar 7, 2011
Well deserved win for the USA. I dislike the audience booing (spelling?) the referees, and then the American players. They acted like bad losers. It's better to cheer for ones own team, than to boo the opponents and referees.

As a Swede, I actually think Sweden was lucky to get past Switzerland in the quarter final. Switzerland's arguably best player Dionicio wrongly got penalized and Sweden scored the game winner on the power play. Even the Swedish expert commentators thought the penalty was wrong.
So no, it's not because of the referees that Sweden missed the gold medal.

Just be proud about the silver medal. And be glad about winning the J18 (was it, right?) a couple of years ago, despite being outplayed by the Americans (basically the same teams that played now).

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I dont understand the childish gloating when winning. WTH is that about? I cringe when any fan of any country does that. It is just embarrassing. Be bigger when u win. When u loose, who cares, u lost and nothing can change that. Why even reply.

Stelmacki

May 2, 2017
Congrats to the USA, they had their best players available and they executed. But can someone please teach the American players some class? I don't think you'd see a Canadian (or other country) celebrating an empty net goal to go up by 4 the way the Americans do. If it was the go up by 2... sure, but not 4. Calm down, you won.
oh yeah, the Canadians would definitely be classier Easier to draw attention away from their gang rape that way. Get the f*** out of here with your bullshit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad