GDT: USA vs. Sweden | January 5th, Final; 1:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM Local

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
I’m surprised by most of the comments about it here.

Is it to die for, no but It’s very solid Mexican food, at least for it being ‘fast food’.

Exponentially better in quality and freshness than Taco Bell, for example, which I struggle to eat unless pretty drunk.

Chipotle can be a little pricey but I can willingly eat it and be satisifed pretty much every time I do. I’d recommend it
I always see jokes on instagram from fitness "influencers" on how they live on the stuff for post workout gains, and how they spend $10 on a serving of plain rice and chicken. Dunno if it's a direct reference to their price or something else.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
How does something like this work? Do the players get some type of special ID or card?

Logan Cooley's NIL deal in the NCAA (name image and likeness) had a one free chipotle everyday

It's a gift card that says on it "One free + one chips" you scan that allows for a burrito or bowl and chips and guac

a few guys on Denver Pioneers had the same contract as the first Chipotle in history was on DU's campus.

Seth Jones has the same thing, and a small endorsement.

Reactions: Henry Miller

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Logan Cooley's NIL deal in the NCAA (name image and likeness) had a one free chipotle everyday

It's a gift card that says on it "One free + one chips" you scan that allows for a burrito or bowl and chips and guac

a few guys on Denver Pioneers had the same contract as the first Chipotle in history was on DU's campus.

Seth Jones has the same thing, and a small endorsement.

Well, so much for outrageous speculation.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I always see jokes on instagram from fitness "influencers" on how they live on the stuff for post workout gains, and how they spend $10 on a serving of plain rice and chicken. Dunno if it's a direct reference to their price or something else.

It can be pricey but so can McDonalds. A full meal @ McDonals these days can run you $20+.

Reactions: End on a Hinote

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I had Chipotle once w my girl, many years ago.

We both got sick. I never went back.

Haven't went back there since.

Reactions: BlueOil

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
Need to break down per capita.
No you don't.

if you have 600.000 active players the talent pool is much larger than if you have 4.000 active players - that should be fairly easy to understand.

Per capita would not make sense , for ecample we have 40.000 people in one country and 400 of them plays football/soccer.

And another country has 20.000.000 people and 100.000 of them plays football/soccer.

According to you the first country would be better ?

PS Just look at who wins the WC in football/soccer., small nations like Denmark or Belgium seldom win anything even though there might be as many players per capita as the larger countries like France and Italy.

(PS there might be some rare exceptions in some sports of course - as always with statistics)

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
I dont understand the childish gloating when winning. WTH is that about? I cringe when any fan of any country does that. It is just embarrassing. Be bigger when u win. When u loose, who cares, u lost and nothing can change that. Why even reply.
Right - because if it were you, at 18 years old, you would behave in a completely respectful and dignified manner, right after winning the biggest game of your life on an international stage.

The Swedes were pissed, the Americans gloated, it got a heated and some punches were thrown - big deal. Adults in the NHL behave far worse. Dale Hunter comes to mind and there are plenty of other really bad examples.

Who cares when you lose? Everybody does. I would have punched somebody too if I was on team Sweden. I cannot imagine how fired up I would be in that position as an 18 year on either team. If I were on team USA would probably drop my pants and give the whole damn crowd the brown eye.

I'm not saying it's right - that's just the way it is.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bixby Snyder

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
I think folks underestimate the intensity and emotions in these games. It's not exactly the same, but imagine stepping to the plate in the World Series, game 7 bottom of the 9th bases loaded two outs. My bowels would liquefy and I would curl up in a ball weeping as would 99.9% of us.

Just admit it! You would NOT rise to the occasion. Nobody believes that you, @420buttplug69 would rise above and show the world.

I can't prove it, but I firmly believe virtuous internet posters are far, far more likely to have stolen money from their parents at some point.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
Sports would be boring if there was no emotion involved from both players and fanbases. It’s the highs and lows, the jeers and taunts received and dished, that give sports its soul. Living in grey stoic apathy would be terrible. God forbid any goal celebration should be more than a straight faced firm fist bump

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Rutger McGroarty may have the best hockey name in the last two decades!

Great win by the USA. Wasn't expecting fists at the end. :laugh:

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Right - because if it were you, at 18 years old, you would behave in a completely respectful and dignified manner, right after winning the biggest game of your life on an international stage.

The Swedes were pissed, the Americans gloated, it got a heated and some punches were thrown - big deal. Adults in the NHL behave far worse. Dale Hunter comes to mind and there are plenty of other really bad examples.

Who cares when you lose? Everybody does. I would have punched somebody too if I was on team Sweden. I cannot imagine how fired up I would be in that position as an 18 year on either team. If I were on team USA would probably drop my pants and give the whole damn crowd the brown eye.

This post basically sums it up perfectly. Coming from someone who would’ve loved to watch the Americans get fed today.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017

I was talking about the fans, not the players.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Congrats to the USA, they had their best players available and they executed. But can someone please teach the American players some class? I don't think you'd see a Canadian (or other country) celebrating an empty net goal to go up by 4 the way the Americans do. If it was the go up by 2... sure, but not 4. Calm down, you won.
Not all of them were available, USA was missing Logan Cooley.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad