GDT: US vs Switzerland, Dec 28, 11 EST

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Who are the top players for this swiss team?
There aren't really any top players. It's a very deep team though since all players have significant pro experience or are playing in the worlds top junior leagues. The team does lack elite skill though. The only drafted player is Rodwin Dionicio. I'd say that Simone Terraneo is a better defenseman right now though I'm not sure how healthy he is. Upfront, Miles Muller and Leo Braillard are the team's most dangerous players with an off chance to get drafted as overagers. Daniil Ustinkov and Leon Muggli are among the top defenders available in the upcoming NHL draft. Jamiro Reber is a small but very skilled double underager forward who is likely to get drafted as well. Switzerland would have some of the top goalies for the upcoming NHL drafts as well but none of them were selected since the mickey mouse coaches preferred the bums we get to see now:popcorn:

Last edited:

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Dave Snuggerud never faced Cristobal Huet so there can be no generational violence now that Jimmy and Ewan are facing one another.
Nothing but respect for Dave, he’s probably the biggest reason outside of Craig Ramsey that I was fortunate enough to wear a US jersey.

Swiss player just attempted the start of a Michigan and failed, I see you trying to play that off!

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Hattrick for Snuggerud and 4 assists for Gauthier through one. Big boys came to play and that’s the biggest difference between today and day one for the US

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Nothing but respect for Dave, he’s probably the biggest reason outside of Craig Ramsey that I was fortunate enough to wear a US jersey.

Swiss player just attempted the start of a Michigan and failed, I see you trying to play that off!

Dave got a lot of flak from Sabre fans at the end, but he was a good defensive player and PKer. His son though seems like he's going to outscore the old man in very short order.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Gotta feel sorry for Huet. Heads into camp as nr.1, is the only one who gets a full exhibition game in Sweden, does very well vs Sweden. Then, for seemingly no reason, gets to eat nachos in the pressbox during game 1, has to warm the bench in game 2, gets thrown in at 1-4 and then has his own defender score on him to top it off:laugh:

Reactions: Pieck and Chainshot

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
That's two bad bounces for the Swiss.

Could be 3-1 after 1, which is more manageable, but still.
Pretty good chance the score would be 1-2 if Huet started this. Snuggerud's third was unstoppable, the own goal by Muggli as well. The three other goals were relatively soft ones given up by a shaky Grüter, two of them from very bad angles.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
My dream of the Swiss tiring out the States for tomorrow is not working out at all.lol

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Obviously happy w the score but the defensive coverage is very concerning. We’re constantly behind the play in our zone and in poor position. It looks like the plan is to win games 11-10,

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
TSN Intermission comment before commercial 'Us are expected to dominate the game, maybe Slovakia will make it close'.

Totally burried the Czechs who they play tomorrow.lol I'd be outraged but they are probably right.

• Haha
Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Figure the Nelson and Nazar lines get more work with the four goal lead. They should be able to spread the TOI around pretty evenly.
I was hoping 5-5 going to OT.. maybe a fight or two, a suspension incoming. Something like that!haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad