Rumor: Uptick In Lamoriello to NYI Talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Yes, but big news from big time team would take focus away from conference finals, and even draw a lot of viewers from Stanley cup finals.
Isles new GM is no bigger news than Minnesota or Carolina, and there was no issue with those teams.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I think the announcement is being held up because the league does not like major announcements during the playoffs.
Lou is my 2nd choice behind Lombardi, but I am still pleased with this front office move. I just hope it helps move the needle when Tavares makes his final decision.
meh , highly doubtful that the nhl gives a crap about when lou's officially joining gets announced .

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
A true Islanders scenario-

Lou joining the isles is contingent on Tavares re-signing, and Tavares re-signing is contingent on Lou joining the isles. Lol

Both are waiting for the other to happen but won’t budge. Come July first nothing happens and Tavares signs elsewhere and Lou informs the isles he’s not coming.

Only in isles country
damn ....lol

Reactions: SI90

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I didn't even want McPhee as GM, but it's just amazing that of course the Isles are letting quality people go who go on to do better things and keep the wrong ones. Tavares is going to be the next one to go one to do better things..

Reactions: xECK29x

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Truth be told, he was never considered an elite GM during his WSH days. Certainly an upgrade over Snow. He may be better at building franchises from the bottom up. And yes, it does sting more know we had him in our organization. That said, again maybe he was put in a situation that he can thrive in—building from grassroots. He would have had to fix Snow’s mess if he was hired; not sure he would be the best for that undertaking.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
His track record was four times better than snows. Snow hasn't even put together a good regular season once. Never sniffed first or second place. The isles could of traded every asset for the Vegas teams players. But...snow has a process he must have dreams of this group as is with as little changes as possible einninw the cup. Glad vegas blew up the theory that turnover is bad and teams need time to develop chemistry. Good teams with good coaches need no time at all.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I didn’t want McPhee as GM. I did want Gallant as the coach though. Happy for Vegas. I hope they win it all

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I didn't even want McPhee as GM, but it's just amazing that of course the Isles are letting quality people go who go on to do better things and keep the wrong ones. Tavares is going to be the next one to go one to do better things..

I don't get it. Weren't you the one who said that Las Vegas had a slew of stars to choose from and didn't build a team from scratch? Why are you suddenly acting like McPhee is a genius? Honestly, you see the hypocrisy right? Really not trying to razz you, but I'd appreciate some clarification.

I'm sure you will follow this up with something about Snow. Yes, we know Snow sucks. What does that have to do with McPhee though? I'm hoping you want better than that to replace Snow....or we might as well just celebrate rumors of Halak taking the GM role.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I don't get it. Weren't you the one who said that Las Vegas had a slew of stars to choose from and didn't build a team from scratch? Why are you suddenly acting like McPhee is a genius? Honestly, you see the hypocrisy right? Really not trying to razz you, but I'd appreciate some clarification.

I'm sure you will follow this up with something about Snow. Yes, we know Snow sucks. What does that have to do with McPhee though? I'm hoping you want better than that to replace Snow....or we might as well just celebrate rumors of Halak taking the GM role.
What needs clarification? We have had a crappy GM for over a decade. We had a far better GM option sitting across the hall. The Isles chose to keep the worthless asset.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

Did you read my post before the Tweets?

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Did you read my post before the Tweets?

Yes, you called McPhee "quality talent" yet are not at all surprised that the team is doing well because they had superstars to choose from. We consistently don't give Snow credit for drafting Tavares because it was a "no-brainer" why would we suddenly call McPhee (the guy who traded Forsberg) "quality talent" when he had a slam dunk of superstars to choose from (according to your other post).

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
Not the first time, Axe went to an Isles game earlier in the series as well. Has to stick to his Islander routes as he is a LI Hofstra boy. Makes sense for it to be the Isles and not the Rags.
Maybe Axe can buy the Islanders and Wags can instill the right mentality in the front office.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Yes, you called McPhee "quality talent" yet are not at all surprised that the team is doing well because they had superstars to choose from. We consistently don't give Snow credit for drafting Tavares because it was a "no-brainer" why would we suddenly call McPhee (the guy who traded Forsberg) "quality talent" when he had a slam dunk of superstars to choose from (according to your other post).

Since you originally asked for clarification, let me clarify for you:

1. I wouldn't want McPhee as my GM.
  2. I'd take him 100 times out of 100 over snow.

The Isles are one of those organizations that if they only have 2 choices...They'll take the lesser one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad