Rumor: Uptick In Lamoriello to NYI Talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Don’t think Hunter comes. I would imagine Lou wants to set up his kid as the next guy, Hunter will want to go where he can be in charge sooner than later...

whoof ; if chris lams was a top tier AGM he'd be getting interviewed by the wild , canes etc.

It would remain to be seen , but if chris lams is getting the heir apparent tag because he had X amount of years behind lou it would kinda bug me .

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
If this is going to happen, it has to be within the next couple of weeks, right? Maybe by the end of the finals since the league doesn’t like things like this taking away from the games but it needs to happen well before the draft.

That actually depends on the contract Lou has with the Leafs. I heard he's with them until June 30th, so that would be after the draft.

what would you guys do if he came then quit or was relieved of his duties days later?

Buy a bottle of tequila and Karlsson's jersey.

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006
Make no mistake...

Part of the reason this is taking so long (and may not happen) is because Lou wants to hash out exactly who does what and what power he has if he comes over, and no doubt that Malkin/Ledecky either don't collectively want to get rid of snow and/or can't.

Well. In my opinion, the major hold-up isn't between Lou and the Islanders... it's between the Leafs and Islanders...

Lou knows (and likely helped craft) their entire draft strategy and likely their strategy for the UFA period... The Leafs would be stupid if they allowed that knowledge in to our organization prior to the draft...

So (again) in my opinion there's no way this is happening until after the draft and maybe not even until a few weeks in to July.. that may be fine with the Islanders as well since they can use the announcement to partially deflect anger if JT walks...

Reactions: IODCPiper

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
what would you guys do if he came then quit or was relieved of his duties days later?
Neil Smith style? Then I take my Tampa Bay jersey from the cellar and bury the Isles one (anyway it's quite destroyed already).

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Well. In my opinion, the major hold-up isn't between Lou and the Islanders... it's between the Leafs and Islanders...

Lou knows (and likely helped craft) their entire draft strategy and likely their strategy for the UFA period... The Leafs would be stupid if they allowed that knowledge in to our organization prior to the draft...

So (again) in my opinion there's no way this is happening until after the draft and maybe not even until a few weeks in to July.. that may be fine with the Islanders as well since they can use the announcement to partially deflect anger if JT walks...

But what doesn't make sense about that theory is that front office/personnel guys from all trams who know about their teams' draft plans change jobs/teams all the time prior to the draft. So unless the Leafs were specifically being spiteful towards Lou L for some reason I don't think knowledge of draft plans is at all an issue.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
My bold Friday prediction:

1. JT walks
2. Lou comes
3. Snow stays in a non-hockey ops capacity
4. Weight gets replaced
5. Ledecky/Malkin brag about Belmont and Lou

Just add the tampering charge that will cost us the 11th and 12th selections in the first round . Losing these picks will eliminate the need for a competent person in charge prior to the draft . Let that dumbass Kevin Connolly make the second round picks and we'll call it a day . We already got our Christmas present early in Brandon Davidson. I feel like we need another billboard .
LETS GO ISLANDERS !!!!!

Lou Grant

Last edited:
Reactions: periferal

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Man, I dunno. I see your point, 2, 3 and 4 would be incredible. But the thought of losing JT makes me sick.
Suppose we re-signed Tavares but that meant Snow would keep the authority he has now and all Lamoriello would be responsible for was restructuring the front office, hiring a new scouting staff, and getting a better development staff and coach at Bridgeport. Snow keeps Weight and his staff, and Snow still has to add the 2 pieces the Isles need, a goaltender and a feature defenseman (the hardest pieces to trade for, imo). Do you trust Snow to handle Doug Weight properly and get those 2 pieces we need so badly? I don't.

Reactions: BTrotts19

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Or the sun could explode shortly after he's hired, in which case I hope they draft an NHL-ready player instead of a project.

We're Islanders fans. Any hypothetical scenario you can come up with has either already happened to us, or something worse.

Reactions: beach

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Suppose we re-signed Tavares but that meant Snow would keep the authority he has now and all Lamoriello would be responsible for was restructuring the front office, hiring a new scouting staff, and getting a better development staff and coach at Bridgeport. Snow keeps Weight and his staff, and Snow still has to add the 2 pieces the Isles need, a goaltender and a feature defenseman (the hardest pieces to trade for, imo). Do you trust Snow to handle Doug Weight properly and get those 2 pieces we need so badly? I don't.
Neither do I. But I don't think Lou would sign up for that.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I guess we find out Monday- my birthday!

I did predict JT would sign on my birthday, but I'll take Lou signing as GM

Last edited:
Reactions: Wanderson

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I think if Lamiorello calls a free agent, they don’t hang up right away. Paul stastny as the 3c behind Tavares and Barzal?

scott99

May 13, 2005
Also saw this

@NickyAmadio asked the question.

I have some interesting info coming sooner than later...
Nicky Amadio
@NickyAmadio
@NHLRumorsDaily got any Isles news?

scott99

May 13, 2005
Don’t know if this one was posted. Seems like there is a lot of smoke on this rumor coming from so many people now. Starting to think this will really happen. Would love to see Lou run our draft and free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad