Rumor: Uptick In Lamoriello to NYI Talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Don’t know if this one was posted. Seems like there is a lot of smoke on this rumor coming from so many people now. Starting to think this will really happen. Would love to see Lou run our draft and free agency.

Both Snow and the scouting dept share blame for the poor, top 5 drafting: Reinhart,Strome, MDC.

Move Snow out? Yes, definitely, but also look to make major changes to the scouting dept.

Reactions: IODCPiper

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
There is a philosophy within this organization that runs from the top through the bottom,” reads one Lamoriello quote from the New York Post article. “It’s a philosophy that everyone accepts or they don’t remain a part of the Devils.” That philosophy, according to the Book of Lou, is that the team always comes before any individual.
Lous motto, and if he has full control of the team, he will change the culture quickly.

Also, if he is in charge no more players with facial hair (excluding playoffs)

Another great lou story
How were they to know their empty bellies and incessant barking also infringed upon the peace and serenity that Lou Lamoriello, then coach of the Providence College hockey team, expected his players to have the night before a game? Lamoriello’s steadfast curfew was already in place for his Friars, in town to face the University of Vermont the next day, and his one hockey team wasn’t about to sleep if the two teams of championship sled dogs kept wailing louder than a mid-winter’s gale off Lake Champlain. “I called Lou’s room,’’ said Brian Burke, then a pugnacious, 185-pound Friar forward, recalling a memory of more than 30 years ago. “And I said, ‘Coach, you’re not going to believe this, but some guy’s got a bunch of dogs outside here . . . they’re making a real racket, and there’s no way we’ll get to sleep.’ Lou screams, ‘What?!’ then says, ‘I’ll be right there!’ and hangs up.’’Burke and his fellow Friars then turned their attention back outside, watching gleefully from their hotel rooms as the diminutive coach from the Dominican Friars college located in Rhode Island’s capital - dedicated to a “spirituality that embraces the whole person’’ as its stated mission - transformed into a ferocious bulldog. “Lou’s out there screaming at the guy, ‘What’s this! Pack these dogs up . . . get ’em outta here!’ ’’ said Burke. “The poor slob . . . didn’t know what hit him . . . and he gives Lou some lip. That really set Lou off. ‘Look,’ Lou screams, ‘you’ve got five minutes to get these bleepin’ dogs back in their boxes, get ’em outta here. Five minutes! And if you don’t, I’m telling you, I’ll start strangling them, one by one, with my bare hands!’ The guy had to think Lou was nuts. No question. But you know what? He got outta there, dogs ’n all.’’

A fan who was unhappy, and lous reponse
Vinicombe said he told Lamoriello that he felt that the NHL and the Devils should be more flexible and give season ticket holders the ability to opt out of the shortened season. That’s when Lamoriello invited the Vinicombes to stop by and visit his executive box at the sold-out Jan. 22 season home opener, Vinicombe said. “Although I didn’t ultimately get what I was originally looking for, which was the ability to opt out of this season, I am satisfied with the result, which was to have a meaningful conversation and forum to express my concerns to the organization,” Vinicombe said. “I can’t think of any other sports executives that would care enough to directly reach out to fans who had expressed some dissatisfaction over the situation.

All stories from reddit , devs hf board
Many more at reddit

Last edited:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Don’t know if this one was posted. Seems like there is a lot of smoke on this rumor coming from so many people now. Starting to think this will really happen. Would love to see Lou run our draft and free agency.

I'm going to post Lou to the Isles on my Twitter account. Maybe it will be linked here!

Reactions: Zenon Konopka Jr

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
There is a philosophy within this organization that runs from the top through the bottom,” reads one Lamoriello quote from the New York Post article. “It’s a philosophy that everyone accepts or they don’t remain a part of the Devils.” That philosophy, according to the Book of Lou, is that the team always comes before any individual.
Lous motto, and if he has full control of the team, he will change the culture quickly.

Also, if he is in charge no more players with facial hair (excluding playoffs)

Another great lou story
How were they to know their empty bellies and incessant barking also infringed upon the peace and serenity that Lou Lamoriello, then coach of the Providence College hockey team, expected his players to have the night before a game? Lamoriello’s steadfast curfew was already in place for his Friars, in town to face the University of Vermont the next day, and his one hockey team wasn’t about to sleep if the two teams of championship sled dogs kept wailing louder than a mid-winter’s gale off Lake Champlain. “I called Lou’s room,’’ said Brian Burke, then a pugnacious, 185-pound Friar forward, recalling a memory of more than 30 years ago. “And I said, ‘Coach, you’re not going to believe this, but some guy’s got a bunch of dogs outside here . . . they’re making a real racket, and there’s no way we’ll get to sleep.’ Lou screams, ‘What?!’ then says, ‘I’ll be right there!’ and hangs up.’’Burke and his fellow Friars then turned their attention back outside, watching gleefully from their hotel rooms as the diminutive coach from the Dominican Friars college located in Rhode Island’s capital - dedicated to a “spirituality that embraces the whole person’’ as its stated mission - transformed into a ferocious bulldog. “Lou’s out there screaming at the guy, ‘What’s this! Pack these dogs up . . . get ’em outta here!’ ’’ said Burke. “The poor slob . . . didn’t know what hit him . . . and he gives Lou some lip. That really set Lou off. ‘Look,’ Lou screams, ‘you’ve got five minutes to get these bleepin’ dogs back in their boxes, get ’em outta here. Five minutes! And if you don’t, I’m telling you, I’ll start strangling them, one by one, with my bare hands!’ The guy had to think Lou was nuts. No question. But you know what? He got outta there, dogs ’n all.’’

A fan who was unhappy, and lous reponse
Vinicombe said he told Lamoriello that he felt that the NHL and the Devils should be more flexible and give season ticket holders the ability to opt out of the shortened season. That’s when Lamoriello invited the Vinicombes to stop by and visit his executive box at the sold-out Jan. 22 season home opener, Vinicombe said. “Although I didn’t ultimately get what I was originally looking for, which was the ability to opt out of this season, I am satisfied with the result, which was to have a meaningful conversation and forum to express my concerns to the organization,” Vinicombe said. “I can’t think of any other sports executives that would care enough to directly reach out to fans who had expressed some dissatisfaction over the situation.

All stories from reddit , devs hf board
Many more at reddit

So Snow is the guy with the dogs, weight and the entire staff are the dogs . Chase them all away Lou, chase them all away.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I'm going to post Lou to the Isles on my Twitter account. Maybe it will be linked here!
Just trying to show all the rumors about Lamoriello. Seems like there are A LOT of them. My thoughts are, the more people claiming this is happening, the better chance there is this is really gonna happen. Think about it, all these people probably have DIFFERENT sources, and if ALL their sources are saying similar things, it probably means odds are it’s going to happen.

Saw one tweet from a guy who is a basic no name, but he swears he has a great source. And claims Lamoriello is a done deal

The strange thing though, is he was told by the same source that Belmont isn’t gonna happen, but there will be an arena in Riverhead. That is the strangest Isle’s rumor I’ve read yet. Therefore I didn’t post that guy’s Lamoriello rumor due to his weird arena rumor.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Just trying to show all the rumors about Lamoriello. Seems like there are A LOT of them. My thoughts are, the more people claiming this is happening, the better chance there is this is really gonna happen. Think about it, all these people probably have DIFFERENT sources, and if ALL their sources are saying similar things, it probably means odds are it’s going to happen.

Saw one tweet from a guy who is a basic no name, but he swears he has a great source. And claims Lamoriello is a done deal

The strange thing though, is he was told by the same source that Belmont isn’t gonna happen, but there will be an arena in Riverhead. That is the strangest Isle’s rumor I’ve read yet. Therefore I didn’t post that guy’s Lamoriello rumor due to his weird arena rumor.
I think a great deal of these people have the same source, and that’s the original tweet mentioning this rumor.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Interesting that the rumors are not necessarily saying Lou will be GM, just that he'll have final say/be in charge. So maybe he will be GM, and maybe not. The interesting thing IMO is that he may be hired a month or less before the draft. So, does he listen to the Isles' current scouts in prepping for the draft? Or does he bring Hunter and some of the TOR scouts with him? I've read that the TOR GM job was between Hunter and Dubas, and Dubas won out. Would Hunter really want to stay, and would TOR really want him around? Again, I'm hoping for Lou as Grand Hockey Personnel Poobah, and Hunter as GM with Hunter's scouts coming along too.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
The good thing about Lou ifnhe is put in charge we don’t have to worry about gimmick draft picks like Andong Song and Cody Rosen.

That’s one guy that would never make a joke out of running a franchise and waste draft picks.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Give me Lou or give me a much less qualified GM based on not necessarily Lou's experience but rather because we believe that Lou is only accepting this job because he can hand the team down to his son in a few years!

That's the saying... Right?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

How is a guy with 31 followers a legit source?

In fact anyone other than basically McKanzie, Staple, or LeBrun is not going to be legit.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Can you imagine if Lou doesn't come here now? Think about the mood around this franchise then.

A true Islanders scenario-

Lou joining the isles is contingent on Tavares re-signing, and Tavares re-signing is contingent on Lou joining the isles. Lol

Both are waiting for the other to happen but won’t budge. Come July first nothing happens and Tavares signs elsewhere and Lou informs the isles he’s not coming.

Only in isles country

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
The good thing about Lou ifnhe is put in charge we don’t have to worry about gimmick draft picks like Andong Song and Cody Rosen.

That’s one guy that would never make a joke out of running a franchise and waste draft picks.

You say that...

Garth is gonna be running this upcoming draft regardless.

Reactions: periferal

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Yeah...maybe Lou is waiting until after the draft. I don't think he can stomach some of Garf's choices.

Lou: WTF? Why him? What part of NO talent do you not understand? Garf! Just stand near the buffet please? They've got some nice fresh shrimp...stay there and let me do my job!

Garf: NO! It's STILL my turn! I think he's good, like AMAZBALLS! and I'mma gonna take him!

Lou: Oh FFS, I didn't signup for this!

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I think the announcement is being held up because the league does not like major announcements during the playoffs.
Lou is my 2nd choice behind Lombardi, but I am still pleased with this front office move. I just hope it helps move the needle when Tavares makes his final decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad