GDT: UFC 292: Sterling vs. O'Malley/PFL 8

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Kinda looked like McGregor/Aldo except it was a right instead of a left. You run headlong into a shot like that and you're going down.

Reactions: m9

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
You've got a losing ticket.
So close!
(I only bet six bucks, like $3usd)

That fight saved the card, I'm not really an O'Malley fan but atleast that was entertaining, and I dont like aljo more.

His chito dig was pretty good tho lol

Reactions: Taytro

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
So does the UFC send O'Malley/Chito for the money, or give Merab his shot?

Looking at the rankings it has to be one of those two. Or a rematch I guess. Think they will go with Chito. But Merab most deserving.

edit. Sandhagen on a 3 win streak including one against Vera. But his last win was so boring, he might have fought himself out of a tile shot with that performance.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
My guy gracious in defeat I forget who I responded to earlier but yeahj he is the polar opposite of Colby he just embraced the hate cause that was his only choice really. I do not think that was an early stop I really didn't even think it was an issue until the broadcast said so. I didn't like what I saw from him at all in the first round I think the length of O'malley played a big part of why he was so hesitant to shoot.

If he stays at 135 I think a Sandhagen rematch would be fun. I am going to assume Aljo is going to want some time off after being kinda rushed into this defense and Sandhagen has to recover from surgery.

As for what is next for O'malley... They are absolutely not going to reward Merab with a title show after refusing to fight Aljo. It is going to be Chito's time.

Reactions: m9

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Looking at the rankings it has to be one of those two. Or a rematch I guess. Think they will go with Chito. But Merab most deserving.

edit. Sandhagen on a 3 win streak including one against Vera. But his last win was so boring, he might have fought himself out of a tile shot with that performance.
I don't think there's a shot at all for a rematch and they need to stop with these immediate rematches. Aljo is far from a fan favorite and it wasn't like it was close. I'm guessing it is Chito time.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Chito/O'Malley
Merab/Cejudo
Sandhagen/Doctor (pretty sure he's hurt)
Yan/Font or Munhoz

Reactions: Taytro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
POTN: Suga Show, Zhang

FOTN: Katona-Gibson. Hopefully Gibson is on stand-by for the first 135’er/145’er they need to step in on short notice (mostly likely 145 if it’s short notice, that dudes weight cut has to suck he’s huge at bantamweight)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad