Ufc 200

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Agree. I thought she would be able to hold out and withstand the early onslaught and win this one, but, I don't think Tate is anything more than a top 5'er. She pulled that Holm win out of her ass. Pena, Zingano, Rousey and Holm all beat her 8/10 times imo.

She's basically a brawler gatekeeper in that division. I can't remember the last time I was impressed with her, honestly. Sure, her submission of Holm was good, but the other 20 minutes of that fight she was losing pretty handedly.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
She's basically a brawler gatekeeper in that division. I can't remember the last time I was impressed with her, honestly. Sure, her submission of Holm was good, but the other 20 minutes of that fight she was losing pretty handedly.

Yup, even the Jessica Eye fight, she was getting boxed up until she landed a haymaker, and Eye hasn't exactly set the world on fire since then.

As a matter of fact, her entire win streak leading up to the Holm fight was completely mediocre. Even her fight against Rin Nakai was way closer than it ever should've been. Now it just seems ridiculous when you think of all the ******** they were spouting "this is a rejuvenated Miesha Tate!", "not the same fighter Rousey fought!!".

member 51464

If Conor McGregor is top-40 all-time, you know your sport is relatively young and needs time to grow.

Seeing this list in 10-15 years will be interesting.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Even worse than that was Rousey at 17.

Yeah. I have tons of minor issues in the top 16, but Rousey at 17 ahead of CroCop, Wanderlei, etc is the first one that jumps out to me.

And for clarification, the list counts their entire MMA career and not just in the UFC. But.. if a fighter hasn't been in the UFC (like Fedor) they aren't eligible.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yeah. I have tons of minor issues in the top 16, but Rousey at 17 ahead of CroCop, Wanderlei, etc is the first one that jumps out to me.

And for clarification, the list counts their entire MMA career and not just in the UFC. But.. if a fighter hasn't been in the UFC (like Fedor) they aren't eligible.

I will say that the shows that accompany the list were pretty entertaining. I saw the top 40 so far. Also hard to ignore how vastly different a lot of these guys looked physically once legitimate testing went in place. It was really noticeable.

member 51464

I will say that the shows that accompany the list were pretty entertaining. I saw the top 40 so far. Also hard to ignore how vastly different a lot of these guys looked physically once legitimate testing went in place. It was really noticeable.

What date did that start? Maybe the three epochs of MMA should be the inglorious beginnings, once things like weight classes/time limits/one opponent per night were introduced, and now the 3rd phase of real testing. Three different eras.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
What date did that start? Maybe the three epochs of MMA should be the inglorious beginnings, once things like weight classes/time limits/one opponent per night were introduced, and now the 3rd phase of real testing. Three different eras.

It was for all time, so it included guys from the very first fights. But yeah, there should be some kind of caveat about the phases the organization went through. The early fights looked nothing like the product today. And for a ton of the pride clips they used, all the fighters looked swollen and very large compared to how they are today. It was too obvious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad