Ufc 200

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Hendricks has not looked the same since USADA testing became involved in the sport. He's much slower and looks sluggish out there; far from his form as a champion. The banning of IVs has probably made his weight cut too draining without the proper time to recover.

Think you hit the nail on the head with the IV ban.. just looks and acts a shell of his former self. On the bright side at least he made a decent bit of money before his decline.

Dana just announced on FS1 that Bisping will fight Dan Henderson for his first title defense and that Ronda Rousey's first fight back will be vs whoever the champion is when she comes back.

I still remember the Henderson right hand bomb like it was yesterday..

Brock had his own little post fight conference. I think he's done fighting personally.

Dunno.. he sure seemed like a rejuvenated person. Did acknowledge he's 39 in a week but I think the lure of being able to do whatever he wants brings him back - and that might not necessarily be a good thing. If he does come back I hope he gets a legit camp with someone other than Greg Nelson.. not a knock on Nelson, I just think he could really benefit from some new views/tips.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Hendricks has not looked the same since USADA testing became involved in the sport. He's much slower and looks sluggish out there; far from his form as a champion. The banning of IVs has probably made his weight cut too draining without the proper time to recover.

I agree. Kinda funny since he was the one so loud about more stringent testing during the GSP build up.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Overall the card was kinda 'meh' to me.. :dunno:

Maybe it was just the lack of finishes/exciting finishes but for the hype up it just felt pretty average. I imagine McGregor got a good laugh out of it.

Aldo-Edgar: decent but nothing spectacular.. really get the feeling Aldo is the one fighter Edgar will never be able to overcome just based on style/quickness.

DC-Silva: decent but again nothing spectacular.. when DC traded with Silva I was holding my breath he didn't get caught. A loss would have been pretty stinky considering the circumstances.

Cain-Browne: Ronda wasn't in the crowd to support her 'man'!? Either way, Cain looked pretty damn good. Hopefully he can string a few good ones together.

Lesnar-Hunt: good for Brock, impressive in his own way.. but wanted to see the finish. For as much as Lesnar stood I thought Hunt would have caught him a little more. If Brock does continue, and somehow gets a rematch with Cain, I think new coaching would benefit him a lot.

Tate-Nunes: went as expected in my mind.. Nunes is an absolute beast and Tate seemed off from the weigh-ins on. Think the broken nose really broke her (pun intended). If Ronda is still busy messing around with acting and what not I'd say give Holm the shot but, I think Nunes wins that as well.

member 51464

McGregor pretty much has to fight Aldo following the second Diaz fight regardless of how that plays out, right? Or you think he will try to angle to fight Alvarez if he pulls it off?

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Overall the card was kinda 'meh' to me.. :dunno:

Maybe it was just the lack of finishes/exciting finishes but for the hype up it just felt pretty average. I imagine McGregor got a good laugh out of it.

Aldo-Edgar: decent but nothing spectacular.. really get the feeling Aldo is the one fighter Edgar will never be able to overcome just based on style/quickness.

DC-Silva: decent but again nothing spectacular.. when DC traded with Silva I was holding my breath he didn't get caught. A loss would have been pretty stinky considering the circumstances.

Cain-Browne: Ronda wasn't in the crowd to support her 'man'!? Either way, Cain looked pretty damn good. Hopefully he can string a few good ones together.

Lesnar-Hunt: good for Brock, impressive in his own way.. but wanted to see the finish. For as much as Lesnar stood I thought Hunt would have caught him a little more. If Brock does continue, and somehow gets a rematch with Cain, I think new coaching would benefit him a lot.

Tate-Nunes: went as expected in my mind.. Nunes is an absolute beast and Tate seemed off from the weigh-ins on. Think the broken nose really broke her (pun intended). If Ronda is still busy messing around with acting and what not I'd say give Holm the shot but, I think Nunes wins that as well.

It was a solid card in terms of results. Nonetheless, it is amazing to step back and look what the UFC accomplished this weekend. They now have the staff and logistics to organize three major cards across three consecutive evenings featuring the best MMA fighters in the world. Overall, they have become a world-wide presence that employs hundreds of professional fighters from across the planet.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
It was a solid card in terms of results. Nonetheless, it is amazing to step back and look what the UFC accomplished this weekend. They now have the staff and logistics to organize three major cards across three consecutive evenings featuring the best MMA fighters in the world. Overall, they have become a world-wide presence that employs hundreds of professional fighters from across the planet.

If Brock does come back for another fight or two ... with Ronda and McGregor still in the mix: is there ever a better time to sell? Assuming the for sale rumors are true..

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
And then Ronda will be champ once again.

The ping ponging of the title just proves how much better Ronda is then everybody else.

No it doesn't, because she is part of the ping ponging.

If any of these girls try to scrap with Nunes in the first round of fights, they are going to be taken out.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
McGregor pretty much has to fight Aldo following the second Diaz fight regardless of how that plays out, right? Or you think he will try to angle to fight Alvarez if he pulls it off?

If McGregor beats Diaz I can't imagine there immediately isn't a 3rd fight to settle things once and for all.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
No it doesn't, because she is part of the ping ponging.

If any of these girls try to scrap with Nunes in the first round of fights, they are going to be taken out.

If any of these girls think they can do anything but distance stand up with Ronda, they will lose.

Ronda beat Ronda. Holm executed a brilliant plan and used her strengths in stand up and didn't allow her emotion to get suckered into clenching up with Ronda.

Nunez has no chance against Rousey. None. If she's stupid enough to think she does her reign will be just as short as all the others after Ronda lost.

And no. Ronda wasn't part of the ping ponging of the title. She held it for how long before it became the WWE hardcore title it is now?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

It would seem inevitable for the MSG card in November.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If any of these girls think they can do anything but distance stand up with Ronda, they will lose.

Ronda beat Ronda. Holm executed a brilliant plan and used her strengths in stand up and didn't allow her emotion to get suckered into clenching up with Ronda.

Nunez has no chance against Rousey. None. If she's stupid enough to think she does her reign will be just as short as all the others after Ronda lost.

And no. Ronda wasn't part of the ping ponging of the title. She held it for how long before it became the WWE hardcore title it is now?

That you think Ronda wasn't part of the ping ponging of the title (she lost it) and that you think Nunes vs. Ronda fought in tight spaces would end with Ronda winning tells me what I need to know here.

Amanda is a round 1 beast. Ronda runs straight into precise punches. It's pretty simple.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Nunes vs Ronda is essentially the battle of the bullies that want to finish everything in the first round. It's essentially a 50/50 fight of whoever hurts the other first and gets top position wins

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Agreed with some of the others that the card was quite underwhelming.

Nunes and Cain with great performances on the main card. Lauzon, Miller, and Mousasi with great Fight Pass finishes.

As for the rest..

Brock, Aldo, and Cormier all did the same thing - used the exact strategy that they needed to use to ensure they got the win. I found it hilarious how fans booed Cormier going to the ground but went crazy when Lesnar did it.

I thought the Fox prelims were a bit of a bust as well.

This is what happens when you make a stacked card full of competitive fights, often the results will be a bit underwhelming.

Overall been a fun few days of MMA though.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I will say though, aside from Nunes the UFC has to be happy with the winners. Eddie Alvarez can be a way more marketable champ than RDA. Cain looks back. Lesnar will fight again. Conor v Aldo 2 will happen.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

He should have to fight Aldo next and that's what the UFC says will happen but there's still people in the media who claim Conor will never fight at 145 again. Apparently his coach is against the idea as well.

I just heard Conor talking about a potential trilogy with Nate the other day so if he wins the rematch, who knows what will happen.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
UFC-featherweight-champion-Conor-McGregor.jpg

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Only way there's a 3rd Diaz fight is if Conor loses again. Even than it won't be immediate. The UFC wants to move on from this and set up other big fights. So if Conor wins, that'll be the end of it unless he stays at 55' and they find each other in a year or so. On one hand, I have a hard time seeing Conor cut that weight again, on the other, I think he's too damn arrogant and proud to walk away from that division without doing that Aldo 2 fight.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
He should have to fight Aldo next and that's what the UFC says will happen but there's still people in the media who claim Conor will never fight at 145 again. Apparently his coach is against the idea as well.

I just heard Conor talking about a potential trilogy with Nate the other day so if he wins the rematch, who knows what will happen.

I believe Conor said his plan was the fight in August, then defending his 145 belt, then Nate 3.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Anyone know when the PPV buys are released? Interested to see the numbers.

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Only way there's a 3rd Diaz fight is if Conor loses again. Even than it won't be immediate. The UFC wants to move on from this and set up other big fights. So if Conor wins, that'll be the end of it unless he stays at 55' and they find each other in a year or so. On one hand, I have a hard time seeing Conor cut that weight again, on the other, I think he's too damn arrogant and proud to walk away from that division without doing that Aldo 2 fight.

Only way there is a 3rd Diaz fight is if Conor wins.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Think you hit the nail on the head with the IV ban.. just looks and acts a shell of his former self. On the bright side at least he made a decent bit of money before his decline.

I still remember the Henderson right hand bomb like it was yesterday..

Dunno.. he sure seemed like a rejuvenated person. Did acknowledge he's 39 in a week but I think the lure of being able to do whatever he wants brings him back - and that might not necessarily be a good thing. If he does come back I hope he gets a legit camp with someone other than Greg Nelson.. not a knock on Nelson, I just think he could really benefit from some new views/tips.

The 40 part had me thinking. As for training. He's not leaving his farm at all and I can't see top coaches just leaving their camp and going to him. I think paying Bang to come out for a bit would be pretty sweet. Not sure if you know this, but Brendan Schaub mentioned that Pat Barry would go and train with Brock at Team Grudge and he wasn't allowed to hit Brock in the face.

It would seem inevitable for the MSG card in November.

Conor vs Aldo
Brock?
Weidman vs Romero/Rockhold
Edgar vs Lamas

Have to think Chris Weidman and Frankie Edgar will be on this card. With Frankie he has a name and you could move him elsewhere. I wonder if he'll consider going down to BW. Edgar is not a big FW at all. New rules coming though, I don't know.

That you think Ronda wasn't part of the ping ponging of the title (she lost it) and that you think Nunes vs. Ronda fought in tight spaces would end with Ronda winning tells me what I need to know here.

Amanda is a round 1 beast. Ronda runs straight into precise punches. It's pretty simple.

Agreed. Tate was cracking her. Holm did so with footwork though and isn't really a power puncher in MMA. I could see Rousey charging forward and Nunes cracking her good. She's also really strong.

Conor is going back down. I'm a little unhappy with this Diaz ******** though because Blessed is getting the short end of the stick being dicked around. Kids riding like a 9 ffight win streak with really legit wins.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I lost all respect for Daniel Cormier.

On the biggest stage in the history of the sport and fighting a 41 year old on 2 days notice, you decide to manhump for 15 minutes? He should embarrassed of his performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad