GWT: UCL Matchweek I

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Amazing game from Brugge, one of the best games I've ever seen them play, considering the opposition. Even could have won if not for that Hendry miss on the best chance of the second half.
Noa Lang and Charles de Ketelaere man. I love those guys. Lang almost scored a wonder goal top on a bicycle kick too.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Haller with 4 goals in 60 minutes. Ajax up 5-1 away at Sporting Portugal.

Too good for Eredivisie level really, but he probably gets paid more and plays in the CL compared playing in mid-table team in Bundesliga.

Antony did well with all his trickery and progression on the flank.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I get that he is not close to normal because of recovering from injury, but he had a poor game. Compared to last season when he was very good. I think Toniali should start against Juventus.

He had a good first 30 minutes but after that he was just ok

But Tonali has been sharper this season overall

Last edited:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Too good for Eredivisie level really, but he probably gets paid more and plays in the CL compared playing in mid-table team in Bundesliga.

Every goal I see him score for Ajax is a five yard tap-in with only the goalkeeper in front of him. The Eredivisie is a good level for him, and a powerhouse Ajax side that goes into most matches 95% favorites even more so.

Reactions: Ajacied

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Yeah, it's a joke. I get tickets being expensive. They likely are. But it's not like ticket revenue is needed at that club. Give the tickets to sponsors, charity, or kids for a cut rate and fill the stadium.

It just looks bad.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, it's a joke. I get tickets being expensive. They likely are. But it's not like ticket revenue is needed at that club. Give the tickets to sponsors, charity, or kids for a cut rate and fill the stadium.

It just looks bad.
All things considered they aren't even expensive.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands

Haller is a very mediocre striker. Certainly not too good for the Eredivisie. He will score lots for Ajax due to Ten Hag’s system and the offensive firepower they have and the fact that domestically, his team is in possession for 65% of the time. A striker like him can’t really create his own opportunities.

Antony was probably the main man out there last night.

Pasveer sucks indeed. He’s Ajax’ third goalkeeper, so no biggie.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I hate when players/coaches call out fans like that. You aren't entitled to people spending money on you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad