GWT: UCL Matchweek I

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Great game by Maignan. He should replace Lloris soon. His foot play also is a big plus. And he needs to play in penalty shootouts. Possibly the best penalty shot stopper in the game.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
About PSG, well deserved point for Bruges. For 40 minutes they ruled the pitch.
PSG's problem wasn't the front 3, but they'll get the blame every time.
Neymar played in his 2nd game I think, Messi too. They need time. Messi still hit the bar and passed to Icardi (offside) on a play where he would have scored 90% of the time.
Problem was in midfield where Ander Herrera was basically all alone. Wijnaldum has been absolutely disastrous so far. Guy is settling in so we need to give him some time, but after a month he should be benched in big games because he hasn't been good enough. Paredes was just horrible. He can have good and bad games, but that one was in the horrible column. Both were replaced by Danilo and Draxler. Danilo did some nice things on defensive set plays and in defensive situations but he missed at least 5 simple passes or controls that turned the ball over in his own half. Totally unacceptable. Draxler was a passenger, like always. Nice jog, didn't break a sweat. Diallo suffered at LB, as always, and the CBs did well. Mendes was spectacular when he came in, he should start every game.
But no pressing, no midfield. You can't win like this.

No reason to panic yet, but this is a very very tough group. They will need to fix this. They can't ben THAT dependant on Verratti, who's injury prone to boot.

Reactions: robertmac43

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I can't speak for the MLS, but having cheaper tickets to football doesn't surprise me considering that majority of the seats are far away from the action at pretty much every single location. Like can you picture wanting to spend 80 US dollars to watch a match in Monaco's stadium or any stadium in Serie A where you're either forty meters from pitch side and behind bullet-proof glass lol?! NBA and NHL have way more confined spaces for playing area in their stadiums and are closer than any other sport.

I DMed Ajax' Twitter and sent a mail to their official adress, but haven't had an answer.
You gotta call their front office or ticket representatives for that. They probably get so much DM messages from fans, rival fans, trolling, and bots. I doubt you'd get a response.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If I want lasagna, I'll order lasagna

upload_2021-9-22_13-5-8.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad