U18 Russian team

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
if he wasn't prepared he shouldn't have been on the ream. if i think he's a crap player who makes the team because of his family connections, does it make me hater or realist? i bet you loved ivanuzhenkov brothers too.

Yes, I meant "shouldn't have been", sorry for the confusion, fixed it.

By haters I meant the unreasonable hate based just on his family's reputation, not on the actual play, unfortunately it is rather widespread. If you just think that he is a bad player, it is totally fine.

My opinion about Ivanyuzhenkovs: Anton couldn't hockey like at all, Artyom was looking fine as a role player on Prokhorov's team.

JayZIH

Nov 29, 2017
Who are the players likely to make the team next April ?
Denisenko, Galenyuk, podkolzin, Okhotyuk, Khovanov,Kotkov, Malyshev???
What are your expectations ?

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Okhotyuk was the best defenseman at the 5 nations tournament. Hope we get to see Zavgorodny again. From what I have seen from the 5 nations, other than the big names - Marchenko is a top skilled forward as is ISKHAKOV. Iskhakov was underused IMO (no PP) but when he was on the ice he was making a difference every shift. Lots of talent at this age group for sure, lots of NHL picks in this years draft.

Wonder if Gogolev gets an invite

Goalies - Isayev over Miftakov?

Reactions: MaxV

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I don't think you can go wrong with either Miftakov or Isayev imo, both are draftable prospects. Miftakov is a bit more polished from little I've seen.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Something like

Denisenko-Khovanov-Kotkov
Marchenko-Morozov-Iskhakov
Kizimov-Zhabreyev-Rotenberg
Podkolzin-Mikhailov-Rtishchev
+an open roster spot in case if Svechnikov is kicked out of the play-offs.

Galenyuk-Okhotyuk
Misyul-Malyshev
Romanov-Zhuravlyov
Zhilyakov

Miftakhov
D.Isayev

Obviously hope that at least someone from NA (Der-Arguchintsev, Gogolev, Nizhnikov and especially D guys like Kalinichenko and Babintsev) can be valuable additions here.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I assume Svechnikov does not have a special clause that allows him to join the NT during the playoffs? That would be unheard of, I suppose. He did it during the regular season twice.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Something like

Denisenko-Khovanov-Kotkov
Marchenko-Morozov-Iskhakov
Kizimov-Zhabreyev-Rotenberg
Podkolzin-Mikhailov-Rtishchev
+an open roster spot in case if Svechnikov is kicked out of the play-offs.

Galenyuk-Okhotyuk
Misyul-Malyshev
Romanov-Zhuravlyov
Zhilyakov

Miftakhov
D.Isayev

Obviously hope that at least someone from NA (Der-Arguchintsev, Gogolev, Nizhnikov and especially D guys like Kalinichenko and Babintsev) can be valuable additions here.

No Yegor Sokolov?
I assume Svechnikov does not have a special clause that allows him to join the NT during the playoffs? That would be unheard of, I suppose. He did it during the regular season twice.

It seems like quite a few CHL Russians were getting released for International tournaments mid-season compared to past years. Maybe its just me, is there now a clause that now exists? Was used to seeing it for Russians in the USHL but not the CHL.

JayZIH

Nov 29, 2017
What are the chances of seeing DANIL ZINOVYEV make the team? He's just 16 yo, but he seems to have good potential..

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Extended roster for the U18 WJC:

GK
Daniil Isayev
Mikhail Isayev
Amir Miftakhov

D
Danila Galenyuk
Artemiy Knyazev
Anton Malyshev
Daniil Misyul
Nikita Okhotyuk
Alexander Romanov
Daniil Valitov
Yegor Zamula
Bogdan Zhilyakov
Daniil Zhuravlyov
Nikita Zorkin

FW
Grigoriy Denisenko
Pavel Dorofeyev
Ruslan Iskhakov
Alexander Khovanov
Semyon Kizimov
Yegor Kravchenko
Kirill Marchenko
Vladislav Mikhailov
Ivan Morozov
Vasiliy Podkolzin
Pavel Rotenberg
Nikita Rozhkov
Nikita Rtishchev
Maxim Sorkin
Andrei Svechnikov
Oleg Zaitsev
Dmitriy Zavgorodniy
Alexander Zhabreyev

Last edited:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Apparently that kneeing penalty in the last MHL play-off game costed Denisenko a place in the WJC roster. Just rumors, of course, and conspiracy theory guys have already jumped on those, but Denisenko is not in the camp at least according to the fhr.ru published photos.

Edit: although I can't find some other guys on those photos too, so maybe it's a false alarm.

Last edited:

SergeyRus

Jan 12, 2018
Apparently that kneeing penalty in the last MHL play-off game costed Denisenko a place in the WJC roster. Just rumors, of course, and conspiracy theory guys have already jumped on those, but Denisenko is not in the camp at least according to the fhr.ru published photos.

Edit: although I can't find some other guys on those photos too, so maybe it's a false alarm.
It's not a false alarm. He is not in the camp right now. Maybe some more details tomorrow.

Last edited:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Easy way to find out here. In 3 days MHL finals start. If he is in how is he not on the NT?

His teammate Ivan Kovalev told he is playing in the MHL finals. But yeah, sounds that there is some conflict between him and coaches after that kneeing incedent.

About Khovanov and Svechnikov there is no agreement, so it depend on when and if they are out of the play-offs.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
As much as it sucks not having Denisenko, I can understand the coaches wanting to protect the team from him losing his cool and getting a 3-game ban as he often does. I think it's not the end of the world - who's disciplined at 18 - but I can understand that in a short-term tournament players with discipline issues (and Denisenko does have a story of it) may not get called up. It happens all the time, just that this time it happened to a player more talented than usual.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Hope Denisenko doesn't bolt to the CHL because of this. Of course the NT cannot make decisions under the threat of players leaving.

Playing for the NT is a privilege and should be treated as such.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I'm reading that people started making conspiracy theories already in the Russian sports news sites, but apparently nobody knows that Zybin and other u18 coaches Alexeyev and Belov are from the Dynamo St.Petersburg organization, which kind of simplifies those theories, but cuts some of the hype out of those (that's why those small little facts will be politely ignored).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad