U18 Russian team

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The team showed great resiliency. I don't think my post was negative, I was just stating it's known how to play us, Swedes couldn't quite pull it off, which is great.
With otheer tems and coaches I might have agreed. We've seen it. Once the opposition stars clogging them in the own zone, they'd turn headless chickens. But neither of teams of Filatov or Leschev had this issue so far. And you could actually see the coach's work throughout the game. Including motivation. The kids came back and pulled away in style.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I loved the way the team fought back and refused to lose. Sweden was really good for the first 30 minutes, but Russia just kept pressuring them, and by the latter part of the 2nd, Russia was dominating and creating all kinds of scoring chances. The score could have been much higher, if not for some lucky saves and bad bounces by the Swedish goaltender. The Gold Medal match should be very interesting!

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
God bless Ivanov for setting the tone on PK in the starting minutes. He was the real star of the game. This age group has a starter.

Congrats to Filatov on a job well done.

Reactions: Yakushev72

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Undefeated, averaging nearly 7 goals each game. It is hard to beat that! This team fought hard every game, and that has a lot to do with coaching, IMO!

Reactions: BMann

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Filatov should be pushed through the age group teams with this particular set of individuals. They have a great rapport and he is a far better coach than a certain name. The thing to do is to continue and up the talent generation in the next group of juniors and return Russia back to the very top of the sport.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Camp roster for the games Vs. Czech Republic (8th-10th of October):

GK
Yegor Korzin
Sergei Murashov
Gleb Saranchuk

D
Artyom Barabosha
Alexander Dil
Rayan Khuzikhanov
Dmitri Khlopikov
Yegor Nikitin
Alexander Pelevin
Adel Safin
Yaroslav Tsulygin
Kirill Volkov
Kirill Zhukov

FW
Leonid Boikov
Daniil Davydov
Kirill Dolzhenkov
Yegor Firsov
Roman Kantserov
Alexander Legkov
Vyacheslav Lekarev
Matvei Polyakov
Daniil Rangayev
Gherman Shulenin
Gleb Trikozov
Nikita Tsevalyuk
Raul Yakupov
Yaroslav Yemelin

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Camp roster for the games Vs. Czech Republic (8th-10th of October):

GK
Yegor Korzin
Sergei Murashov
Gleb Saranchuk

D
Artyom Barabosha
Alexander Dil
Rayan Khuzikhanov
Dmitri Khlopikov
Yegor Nikitin
Alexander Pelevin
Adel Safin
Yaroslav Tsulygin
Kirill Volkov
Kirill Zhukov

FW
Leonid Boikov
Daniil Davydov
Kirill Dolzhenkov
Yegor Firsov
Roman Kantserov
Alexander Legkov
Vyacheslav Lekarev
Matvei Polyakov
Daniil Rangayev
Gherman Shulenin
Gleb Trikozov
Nikita Tsevalyuk
Raul Yakupov
Yaroslav Yemelin

Khlopikov, Polyakov, Yakupov and Yemelin didn't make it to the tournament.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Kantserov is a beauty. If Dolzhenkov manages to keep is skating passable at higher levels he will be fun to watch just because of how tall he is:laugh: And he can score goals.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Looks like he had an incident in one of the games. Could have been badly hurt but he thankfully was okay. Havn't heard anything on how the players played though

https://en.fhr.ru/news/item/83027/
Just the ususal breaking the glass after a hit. Not sure if that czech glass was exactly the kind used in the big leagues as they played in a small barn, but it wasn't overly dramatic and he could continue playing. The stoppage was hilarious though. Never spent an hour at YouTube watching eight men changing a glass... and then the zamboni lost it(a considerable amount of snow just dropped out of it in the middle of ice, so the stoppage was even longer than expected). Probably the longest hockey game I whitnessed that has not gone to overtime.

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
I have seen Liga Stavok Cup both U20 and U18 vs Kazakhstan. For me U18 was more fun to watch. Kind of more energy, like the kids enjoy the game lot more then U20. Suprise was lot of right handers in the team. Also look like a solid quality in all lines.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
In what order would you rank the below U18s forwards? Is late-2005 Chernyshov as good as But, Mukhanov, etc?

Demidov
But
Rykov
Nedopyokin
Chernyshov
Rimashevsky
Mukhanov
Susuyev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad