Player Discussion Tyler Pitlick

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
ACL is usually 4-6 months rehab which is what i think he injured.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Hope to hell we don't overpay him like we did to Pisani :facepalm: But I agree, he could be a huge boost to the team. :handclap:

I think he "could" be a hybrid between Pisani and Torres in the playoffs. I can see him scoring clutch goals and laying out big hits.

It's a damn shame what happened. He was playing unreal.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The injuries suck. He is a very solid 3rd 4th liner.

Let's be honest here. The guy was awesome before he went down but he was absolutely useless when played beyond his ability. He can't handle the puck for ****. He's a fourth liner through and through.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Nope, UFA.

Yep same thing as GlenX years ago; 25 years old without 80 NHL games played I believe.

I could see them giving him a Lander like contract. Two years at just under a million per. An easily buried contract, but still more than he would make if he went to Europe.

I'd love to get Pitlick back for the playoffs, but I'd be concerned about his speed (knee injury and all). I'm not sure he's a guy that can excel if his not as fast as he was.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Done for the year yet again.

Oilers need to make a decision on him. He just can't stay healthy

Excuse my bluntness, but no s*** they need to make a decision. He's a free agent. So of course a decision will be made.

In all seriousness, I do understand what you mean, I'd personally resign him for 1 more season.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Excuse my bluntness, but no s*** they need to make a decision. He's a free agent. So of course a decision will be made.

In all seriousness, I do understand what you mean, I'd personally resign him for 1 more season.

Do the oilers Q him at this point in time. 25 years old and in the games he plays he is good. Since turning pro in 2011 i think he has missed nearly 200 games due to injury.

14+32+26+45+39+51.

It is adding up.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Would suck the Flames sign him and he stayed healthy. I Ddont see a reason to not sign him.. if he gets injured so be it..

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
He's an incredible 3rd liner especially when you consider all of the injuries he's suffered.

I know it's not our right to know the ins and outs of the players' life off-ice, but I'd REALLY like to know what Pitlick's routine is like.

You guys think he's just naturally injury prone or that he could fix himself up via dieting or working our differently?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
coulda shoulda woulda...cut bait

That would be dumb. Even if he gets injured again, all he costs you is a spot on the 50 man roster and he won't be much more expensive than what you can bury (may be cheaper than that even). He adds speed, physicality and a good shot to the 4th line when he's in, and absolutely should be re-signed if he's willing to. I'd even give him a 2 year deal if it brings the cap hit down under 950k, as he's already proven he is a very good 4th line player who can give you all the elements I spoke of.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Is this injury going to hurt his progess ? I just want this old pitlick back next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad