Tyler Myers

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Myers thinking that he is ready, healthy and good to go is good news. Hopefully there are no long term effects of his injury

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I am still very, very excited that we traded for this guy. When he is healthy and on his game he is absolutely dominant.

Me too. I'm a very big fan and think that if his conditioning is good and his lingering injuries aren't an issue, I expect big things from him this year.:yo:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm just not a huge fan of Myers' game. He's not good defensively and his offensive zone play seems to always result in him gangling pointlessly around while elite winger Blake Wheeler has to cover his point.

He did have a good start to last year - but his PDO was a suspiciously high at 106.2 (5th in the NHL with players > 150 minutes 5v5).

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm just not a huge fan of Myers' game. He's not good defensively and his offensive zone play seems to always result in him gangling pointlessly around while elite winger Blake Wheeler has to cover his point.

He did have a good start to last year - but his PDO was a suspiciously high at 106.2 (5th in the NHL with players > 150 minutes 5v5).

It was a small sample size, but his shot metrics were tops among Jets' D last season. His shot metrics have been trending up since he joined the Jets. I agree that he has some warts in his game, but I do think he was getting better and better with the Jets as he settled into his role. Pair him with Enstrom, and I think they'll be a strong pair.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
I think TM is vastly underrated and Injury and incident have kept him back.

I think if healthy, he can return to award winning form.

Before being a jet he was trapped in a horrible team and organization.

Since becoming a jet, he had a rough couple of seasons and some difficult personal issues to overcome.

I'm expecting big things.

Last edited:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Myers skips chest day:
DFIE2xAXYAAzHi_.jpg

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
I know we don't like to listen to the Hockey Trade Rumors but Eklund is saying that the Jets have strong interest in Alex Galchenyuk from Montreal and get this Meyers is the possible trade bait.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I know we don't like to listen to the Hockey Trade Rumors but Eklund is saying that the Jets have strong interest in Alex Galchenyuk from Montreal and get this Meyers is the possible trade bait.

The bolded pretty much guarantees it's not going to happen.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg

Yea, Eklund says that 500 trades will happen during the course of a year. Some happen, most don't. What interested me with this rumour is that he didn't say the trade would happen, but that the teams have been talking about Galchenyuk, and Myers, and Trouba came up. If it's true, I think Montreal will have to add, if it's Trouba, then it'll never happen.

With Poolman in the mix as more of a likey bottom pair guy, I could see them not wanting the waste there talent. Having Myers play 14 mins a night is a waste of talent.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Not sure how the Jets can entertain moving Myers until the Trouba situation resolves itself. Which may not happen until next off season.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
The galchenyuk thing makes a bit of sense if they negotiated with little and he wants like 6.5 which is totally reasonable. You could run scheif, little, galchenyuk, Lowry for this year . Really go for it.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
The galchenyuk thing makes a bit of sense if they negotiated with little and he wants like 6.5 which is totally reasonable. You could run scheif, little, galchenyuk, Lowry for this year . Really go for it.

I doubt that Galchenyuk could contribute enough goals for to make up for the increased goals against that results from downgrading our defense. Unless you're in the camp that thinks Myers will spend the rest of his career in a near perpetual state of injury. Regardless, after watching that video, I could just feel the loooove pouring out of the organization for Tyler and his family. I get the feeling he has been taken in by the True North family, and they will stick with him through thick and thin, cause that's what family does. I just don't see Myers getting traded now or in the future.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Eklund isn't rumours. Eklund is some kind of comedy routine. That is a ridiculous suggestion even by Eklund standards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad