Confirmed with Link: Tyler Bunz Signed To 3-year ELC

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
gotta figure it will be dannis/roy in the AHL next year with bunz as the ECHL starter... hopefully bunz will have a similar season to the one roy is having right now (roy is 2nd in the ECHL in save % last i looked, he's having a fantastic season)

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
For the amount of flack that Dubnyk gets around here more people should be looking at the wonder russian.

Last 20 decisions:

Dubnyk 11-7-2
Khabby 3-14-3

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
For the amount of flack that Dubnyk gets around here more people should be looking at the wonder russian.

Last 20 decisions:

Dubnyk 11-7-2
Khabby 3-14-3

People know the Russian wonder is pretty much done. He is like Horcoff, they aren't going anywhere until their contracts are up or something changes that allows us to get out of their contracts easily.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Point me to a game where dubnyk has been the reason we lost.

You underestimate the effect that consistently giving up soft goals has on a team.

Dubnyk has far more games where he gives up a soft goal compared to games where he doesn't.

Thats a problem.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Last 20 decisions:

Dubnyk 11-7-2
Khabby 3-14-3

Of course it's going to look that way when you include Dubnyk's best stretch of the season and omit Khabibulin's.

Reimer

Tambo Troll Face
Jan 19, 2006
Of course it's going to look that way when you include Dubnyk's best stretch of the season and omit Khabibulin's.

Yeah but to be fair most the *****ing about Dubnyk has only started in the span of his last 20 games or so.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
I'm very very curious to see what the plan is for the organization next year. Some scenarios:

"My hope"
NHL: Acquired goalie, Khabibulin
AHL: Dubnyk, Roy
ECHL: Bunz

"More likely"
NHL: Dubnyk, Khabibulin
AHL: Roy, Acquired goalie
... possible to just switch Roy and Bunz there too, at the start or during the season.

'Acquired goalie' could easily be a re-signed Danis.

Reimer

Tambo Troll Face
Jan 19, 2006
I'm very very curious to see what the plan is for the organization next year. Some scenarios:

"My hope"

"More likely"
... possible to just switch Roy and Bunz there too, at the start or during the season.

Your hope will never happen as a team will claim Dubnyk off waivers for sure.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007

Last 20 games is the last 20 games, feel free to quote the 1st 20 games of the season if you wish. I would think that later time is more reflective of what these guys are looking like than the early stretch.

Total season:
DD 16-17-2 912%
NK 12-19-6 .911%

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Well because his best stretch was october. Since then he has been crap.

Not really. Bulin has been playing well for most of the year but his defencemen keep letting him down.

Remember that game against Dallas a couple of weeks ago? The one where Potter ran over Bulin and gave Dallas a free goal?

How about the game against Anaheim a few days later where Anaheim scored on a 2 on 0 in the first period (which Bulin actually stopped before Potter put in the rebound) and on a breakaway in the third.

Fast forward to his last start against Colorado. Omark is day dreaming in front of the net while his man scores a goal from a foot outside the crease. Then Whitney allows Hejduk to skate right around him and essentially gives him a breakaway.

I honestly feel bad for Bulin. It's been this way for him since November.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Not really. Bulin has been playing well for most of the year but his defencemen keep letting him down.

Remember that game against Dallas a couple of weeks ago? The one where Potter ran over Bulin and gave Dallas a free goal?

How about the game against Anaheim a few days later where Anaheim scored on a 2 on 0 in the first period (which Bulin actually stopped before Potter put in the rebound) and on a breakaway in the third.

Fast forward to his last start against Colorado. Omark is day dreaming in front of the net while his man scores a goal from a foot outside the crease. Then Whitney allows Hejduk to skate right around him and essentially gives him a breakaway.

I honestly feel bad for Bulin. It's been this way for him since November.

This.

You can't evaluate our goalies with statistical means, there's just too many easy tap in goals given away by this team via it's defensive coverage, or lack thereof.

Khabi was horrible last season, even if the defence was also bad. You could tell that by watching. But this season to my eye he's been decent, he makes the saves you would expect save for some rare exceptions, makes a few you wouldn't, and the battle level has been up there.

Dubnyk, to my eye, playing behind the same defence, has been bad. His lateral movement is an issue still, his battle level to stay with the puck is hit or miss, and he's made too many bone headed mistakes of his own that caused goals against. I wouldn't flush him quite yet, but I do not see him as a #1 goalie next year, and I'm really uncomfortable with the notion he can be the defacto #1 in 2 years when Khabi is gone.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm not convinced he couldn't just start the season in the AHL and be just fine. AFAIK, waivers only apply during the playing season.

http://capgeek.com/faq/how-do-regular-waivers-work.php

Read the very first sentence.

Waivers only apply during the playing season because you can only assign/recall players during the playing season.

You can't just start Dubnyk in the AHL. You have to assign him there. And to do that, he needs to clear waivers.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo

"My hope"

"More likely"

Dubnyk isn't a legit #1 guy right now in his career, but he isn't going to the AHL next year. Ideally, Edmonton can off load Khabi and find another 1b guy to split time with Dubnyk.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I'd Bring Danis back for one more year to split time with Roy in OKC and let Bunz take the reigns in Stockton next year just to get him climatized to professional hockey.

I think in a perfect world, this happens and then the following year Bunz moves up into Danis' place and the year after, one of them splits time with Dubnyk

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Roy has very good numbers at the ECHL level. He's ready for the AHL next year IMO.

I think in a perfect world, this happens and then the following year Bunz moves up into Danis' place and the year after, one of them splits time with Dubnyk

My thoughts exactly.

I'm not convinced he couldn't just start the season in the AHL and be just fine. AFAIK, waivers only apply during the playing season.

http://capgeek.com/faq/how-do-regular-waivers-work.php

Read the very first sentence.

This is not the case, here are 3 recent Oilers examples:

1. Remember Robbie Schremp, he didn't make the team before the season started and got claimed by the NYI.

2. Also Steve MacIntyre, we claimed him off waivers during the middle of the Preseason.

3. Sheldon Souray, before the start of the preseason we got rid of him by sending him to the minors before the start of last season. But before we could send him to Hersey he had to clear waivers, just like Dubnyk would have to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad