Confirmed with Link: Tyler Bunz Signed To 3-year ELC

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Best goalie in the WHL!

With Roy playing very well this year and Bunz being dominating in spite of his WJHC snub and DUI incident, it lookis like things are looking up for goaltending prospects.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
I'm pleased that he's impressed the organization enough to earn that ELC.

I hope he continues developing and becomes a great goalie for this year down the road.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
I know Twitter is not a completely accurate way to gauge someone, but I've followed him since last year and he has a great attitude, mature beyond his years.

Reimer

Tambo Troll Face
Jan 19, 2006
Best goalie in the WHL!

With Roy playing very well this year and Bunz being dominating in spite of his WJHC snub and DUI incident, it lookis like things are looking up for goaltending prospects.

Bunz got a DUI? When did that happen? Never heard that before.

Ogopogo*

Good.

If Tambo doesn't do anything about our goaltending, can he be the #1 for us next season?

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Yay! Another contract! Let's push it to the limit! lol

Very happy to hear this happened. I think he's the best goalie we've got in our system.

SilverHaireDevil

Feb 24, 2012
Edmonton
Two goalies under contract atm, (err 4 with bunz and yann danis) barring some miracle don't expect a goaltending change until at least the trade deadline 2012-2013.

Its not like teams are breaking down the door to get at Khabbi/Dubnyk
so they are our guys going forward.

I know many people are looking at the sens and going why can't that be us?

Great new Coach, Vets kicking *** and taking names, Great goaltending, solid D (Karlsson having career year), rookies/youth playing great.

Some small differences between us and them, Meh Coaching, Vets mailing it in, Spongy Defense, average goaltending, rookies/youth playing great.

Plus the team just signed Tyler Bunz to a 3 year ELC all these things, plus the fact that our D prospects are maturing at a nice rate
means that outside of drafting some players on June 1 don't expect anything substantial to change with this team this summer.

Tambo is staying the course, at the behest of the guy who owns the team (billionaires typically can see the big picture and operate with long term goals).

Reimer

Tambo Troll Face
Jan 19, 2006
Two goalies under contract atm, (err 4 with bunz and yann danis) barring some miracle don't expect a goaltending change until at least the trade deadline 2012-2013.

Its not like teams are breaking down the door to get at Khabbi/Dubnyk
so they are our guys going forward.

I know many people are looking at the sens and going why can't that be us?

Great new Coach, Vets kicking *** and taking names, Great goaltending, solid D (Karlsson having career year), rookies/youth playing great.

Some small differences between us and them, Meh Coaching, Vets mailing it in, Spongy Defense, average goaltending, rookies/youth playing great.

Plus the team just signed Tyler Bunz to a 3 year ELC all these things, plus the fact that our D prospects are maturing at a nice rate
means that outside of drafting some players on June 1 don't expect anything substantial to change with this team this summer.

Tambo is staying the course, at the behest of the guy who owns the team (billionaires typically can see the big picture and operate with long term goals).

The Oilers have 5 goalies under contract:

Khabby
Dubnyk
Danis
Roy
Bunz

I'd also say Karlsson is having more than just a career year. Likely one for the ages. I'd be very surprised if Karlsson puts up these numbers consistently.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Why not? If he is better than both incumbents, I say run with it.

Rush Bunz straight from junior to the NHL? Absolutely no way.

Also, Dubnyk hasn't been stellar but he has been fine. He has had his ups and downs just like most young goalies do.
They showed a stat last night that after his tough start to the season that he was
10-6 with a .920 save pct. going into last night. Not too shabby if you ask me.
I don't know if he's a future #1 but i know that he isn't junk either.

Anyway, glad to have Bunz aboard. I have high hopes for him as long as he's brought along slowly, spend at least one full season in OKC then he can fight for a spot going into '13-'14.

nightfighter

Aug 31, 2008

Rushing our top goaltending prospect is the last thing we need to do. Look at the long road Schneider has taken to get to the NHL. That's what we should expect for Bunz.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
The Oilers have 5 goalies under contract:

Khabby
Dubnyk
Danis
Roy
Bunz

I'd also say Karlsson is having more than just a career year. Likely one for the ages. I'd be very surprised if Karlsson puts up these numbers consistently.

only for another couple months. We have 3 signed up for next season:
Khaby, Roy and Bunz.
A lot can happen between now and September.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

If by both incumbents you mean Roy and Danis then sure... he can be the starter in AHL next season.

I highly doubt Roy\Danis will just roll over an let him take an AHL starting spot. It is going to be a long road to NHL for him and there is nothing wrong in that.
Took Dubnyk 4 yrs to make the jump to NHL.. will see one of Roy\Bunz in the NHL in 3\4 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad