Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - V - warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
didn't he have a bad start last season, with Khudobin getting a bunch of starts before Rask returned to form and was great for several months?

I mean he sucked last night, but I'm not gonna get too strung out over 1 game.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I heard it on the radio this am. Said he let in 3 really soft goals and that's on him. All he can do is go back to work to fix his mistakes and get better.

He owned it completely and didn't point any fingers at anyone. Just himself.

I know, stand up guy, just wondering why people are still saying he played well. I think he was ok, it could have been 10-0, but like he said he was so "deflating" letting "soft" ones in.

Reactions: LSCII

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
And people will defend Rask no matter how bad he plays. It goes both ways.
The reason being that the entire team played poorly and yet look at all the other player threads. I don't see anyone shitting on Pastrnak or Marchand or Bergeron or Chara or McAvoy etc. for not showing up. The minute that the game concluded this thread blew up though because it's so easy to blame the guy who got shelled than it is to admit that the entire team was horse shit last night.

Additionally very few are defending that Rask played poorly (at least I don't think so) but most of us realize that

1) He was hung out to dry in the first and kept them in it and eventually caved as the play continued in the 2nd period
2) He should have stopped some of those goals and others he should not have
3) The team scored zero goals and it is literally impossible to win a hockey game if the puck does not enter the opponents net.

So yeah, posters can come in here and tell me that Rask wasn't ready to start, but neither were the other 18 guys in front of him so I better see everyone who is bitching about his play in all of these threads also bitching about how the other 18 guys were at fault too.

So this is the reason I choose to defend Rask, because this is a TEAM sport and no TEAM wins unless the entire TEAM plays well.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I heard it on the radio this am. Said he let in 3 really soft goals and that's on him. All he can do is go back to work to fix his mistakes and get better.

Yet I guarantee at some point in the next few weeks one of the usual suspects will once again post about how Rask does nothing but stare down and blame his teammates for every goal.....never once blaming himself. Same thing every year.

Reactions: NDiesel and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I know, stand up guy, just wondering why people are still saying he played well. I think he was ok, it could have been 10-0, but like he said he was so "deflating" letting "soft" ones in.

He knows he didn't play well and he knows the team also didn't play well. No need to harp on it. Just fix it and move forward. It's not like the sky is falling. It was one bad game against a team they haven't beaten in 4 years. Hardly a surprising result, IMO. Based on Washington's history of abusing the Bs, Holtby owning real estate in their heads, and the team celebrating their banner being raised, I had this down as an L for the hometown.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
He knows he didn't play well and he knows the team also didn't play well. No need to harp on it. Just fix it and move forward. It's not like the sky is falling. It was one bad game against a team they haven't beaten in 4 years. Hardly a surprising result, IMO. Based on Washington's history of abusing the Bs, Holtby owning real estate in their heads, and the team celebrating their banner being raised, I had this down as an L for the hometown.
A loss is a loss, even if we expected it... but 7-0 is definitely an eye opener. It's like they aren't in the same league based on this game.

Luckily there are 81 left this season... but we'll see how everything unfolds.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
And people will defend Rask no matter how bad he plays. It goes both ways.
To be fair, most of the defending is defending against unrealistically negative posts that place most of the blame on him and him alone. I think there are more realistic posters who know that he was both good at times and bad at times, as was pretty much the rest of the team. Saying the team in front of him sucked most of the night (which is true) isn't the same as giving him a pass, but some people seem to see it that way.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

Do you expect him to say anything else? He's not likely to throw his team under the bus, even if they deserved it. he owned his own shit and didn't call anyone else out. Sounds like a pretty good teammate.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
So this is the reason I choose to defend Rask, because this is a TEAM sport and no TEAM wins unless the entire TEAM plays well.

All of what you wrote was true, but also remember Rask is part of the team, too. And people should be able to criticize him when he doesn't play well, BUT still be a fan of him and the team. Rask is part of the team, and last night the WHOLE team sucked, including him.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
It was another inconsistent game from Rask. Made some beautiful saves under siege but let in some bad/saveable ones.

In the end, they played awful and were going to lose that one unless the Caps were still wasted but if you’re the 7m man you’ve got to dig deep and get them through those first few minutes without being down two. Especially with Holtby’s record against us, it sets the tone for the rest of the game.

He took responsibility for his play and there’s another 81 to go. Not good enough from him or anyone in front of him. Moving on.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
A loss is a loss, even if we expected it... but 7-0 is definitely an eye opener. It's like they aren't in the same league based on this game.

Luckily there are 81 left this season... but we'll see how everything unfolds.

They came out flat. Not even a question. When they went down 1-0 quickly, I thought it had the potential to get ugly. Then it was 2-0, and I thought the route was on. I had a false glimmer of hope when JDB hit that post, and thought if they could pot a quick one before the end of the period, they could get back in this game. That vanished quickly when it went to 3-0. After that, I pretty much wrote it off and expected it to be a beating.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
All of what you wrote was true, but also remember Rask is part of the team, too. And people should be able to criticize him when he doesn't play well, BUT still be a fan of him and the team. Rask is part of the team, and last night the WHOLE team sucked, including him.
Exactly, and my post only pertains to the constant same posters who are always in Rask threads shitting on him and only him during games like this.

I just hate coming onto these boards after a big loss like that and the 3 player threads that are on the first page are Cehlarik, Backes, and Rask. There is no way that Rask and Backes should be the only two being criticized last night, but it generally seems that there are a lot of people who will wait for Rask to falter and shoot this thread back to the top multiple times a year about how he's overpaid, weak mentally, a bad teammate, etc.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Exactly, and my post only pertains to the constant same posters who are always in Rask threads ****ting on him and only him during games like this.

I just hate coming onto these boards after a big loss like that and the 3 player threads that are on the first page are Cehlarik, Backes, and Rask. There is no way that Rask and Backes should be the only two being criticized last night, but it generally seems that there are a lot of people who will wait for Rask to falter and shoot this thread back to the top multiple times a year about how he's overpaid, weak mentally, a bad teammate, etc.

What drives me crazy is those small handful of people who constantly criticize Rask never, ever come eat crow when he plays well. They disappear until the next time he has a bad game and jump in to tell us how they were right

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
What drives me crazy is those small handful of people who constantly criticize Rask never, ever come eat crow when he plays well. They disappear until the next time he has a bad game and jump in to tell us how they were right

The Greatest GM not employed by an NHL team comes to mind exclusively for this comment.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
While Rask wasn't good last night, I can't think of 2-3 good scoring chances that the Bruins had other than DeBrusk hitting a post and Bergeron.

You're not winning a game scoring 0 goals.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Halak’s looked pretty god damn good- hopefully it pushes tuukka.

To the bench...
Tired of this "motivation" outsource Tuuka needs ... or threat to lose job to start playing harder

Play Halak until team loses or b2b. Way more comfortable with Halak....who plays with leadership

Reactions: fin8

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
To the bench...
Tired of this "motivation" outsource Tuuka needs

Play Halak until team loses or b2b. Way more comfortable with Halak....who plays with leadership

Halak didn't look that good yesterday either. Today he got to play Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad