Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - V - warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
cant deny those numbers. those are good number.
but he still stunk last nite.
and j would start halak tonite.
Not sure if you just want to beat your chest tonight when Halak starts, but it was announced before the start of the season that Halak would be starting tonight’s game.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
A Hackerty article complaining about Rask....the hockey season has officially started. I noticed he didn't mention that Halak didn't fare much better with his time in the net.
Rask by his own admission didn't play well and knows he should be better. But an article complaining about the exact thing he criticized himself for somehow is not accurate?

I mean it might be a case of stating the obvious there for the article and for Rask. But at least he owns up to it.

Also, the expectation on Halak is nowhere near what the fan-base or the team expects of Rask.

This was a team loss. Rask is also part of the team. But no one deserves a cookie after that game.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Rask by his own admission didn't play well and knows he should be better. But an article complaining about the exact thing he criticized himself for somehow is not accurate?

I mean it might be a case of stating the obvious there for the article and for Rask. But at least he owns up to it.

Also, the expectation on Halak is nowhere near what the fan-base or the team expects of Rask.

This was a team loss. Rask is also part of the team. But no one deserves a cookie after that game.

HACKerty has a history of complaining about Rask even when he's playing well. Its honestly my pure dislike for HACKerty because I think he's an idiot and seems more interested in click and likes than anything else. You're right, no one deserves a cookie from last game, I wouldn't disagree with that.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
We'll see how Rask plays his next game its not like the team played well.

Halak looked great I thought. 50-50 split maybe?

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
We'll see how Rask plays his next game its not like the team played well.

Halak looked great I thought. 50-50 split maybe?

I feel like people see that Rask gave up 5 goals and assume he was awful, and either ignore, or didn't actually see the first period.

The second goal was unlucky, and the goal on the fanned shot by Kuznetsov was bad. Other than that Rask was actually very good, keeping the Bruins in the game in the 1st period with 3 or 4 great saves.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
almost as delusional as making up things that werent said.

No one said Rask was sharp or even good...what posters are pointing out is that he was not the problem last night. No goalie in the league wins you that game last night

Maybe you need to read all the posts, that is exactly what was said.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I'm quoting GloryDaze. Yes those are the words he used.

And I stand by them.

Did you even watch the game? Rask got f***ing shelled in the first period while the majority of the B's lineup sat around with their thumbs up their asses admiring the Cap's SC rings.

He made at least 4 point blank, unbelievable saves just to keep the score at 2-0 in the 1st.

Later, in the 2nd, he gave up a soft goal to Kuznetsov. He was probably suffering from PTSD after all the rubber he saw in the first?

Reactions: TorontLoL 67

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
And I stand by them.

Did you even watch the game? Rask got ****ing shelled in the first period while the majority of the B's lineup sat around with their thumbs up their asses admiring the Cap's SC rings.

He made at least 4 point blank, unbelievable saves just to keep the score at 2-0 in the 1st.

Later, in the 2nd, he gave up a soft goal to Kuznetsov. He was probably suffering from PTSD after all the rubber he saw in the first?
It's the go to move man, blame Rask. The team in front of him gets 0 fault for hanging him out to dry.

Babajingo

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/bruins/talking-points-bad-rask-bad-bruins-blowout-loss-capitals

BLACK EYE: Tuukka Rask. Tuukka Rask. Tuukka Rask. Plenty of Bruins players looked like they weren’t ready to play tonight. But the goaltender absolutely, positively can’t be one of them, and that was Rask in a big situation in Washington where the Capitals were celebrating their Cup win, and the Bruins were trying to prove they can actually hang with them. Instead Rask allowed two goals on the first four shots he faced, and five goals on 19 shots before he was mercifully yanked from the game in the middle of the second period in favor of Jaroslav Halák. A soft goal to Evgeny Kuznetsov where Rask came off the post and let the puck trickle in short side was the ultimate final act that got him pulled from the game, and by his own admission Rask had three soft goals in the loss. That’s about three too many for the $7 million goaltender, who always seems to fall short in these big games.

What lazy writing. It's so easy to blame the goalie. I usually give Haggerty a pass but this is just stupid.

By the way, he didn't mention that Price lost a "big situation" game last night with an opening night Original six match up.
Also, Martin Jones lost a "big situation" game with the newly vaunted Sharks D.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
What lazy writing. It's so easy to blame the goalie. I usually give Haggerty a pass but this is just stupid.

By the way, he didn't mention that Price lost a "big situation" game last night with an opening night Original six match up.
Also, Martin Jones lost a "big situation" game with the newly vaunted Sharks D.

The goalie came out and said he was crap, has anyone read that?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I feel like people see that Rask gave up 5 goals and assume he was awful, and either ignore, or didn't actually see the first period.

The second goal was unlucky, and the goal on the fanned shot by Kuznetsov was bad. Other than that Rask was actually very good, keeping the Bruins in the game in the 1st period with 3 or 4 great saves.
his 2nd period was putrid but didn`t get any help from the 18 bodies in front of him either but could have been 5-0 after 1, he did make some fantastic saves

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The goalie came out and said he was crap, has anyone read that?

I heard it on the radio this am. Said he let in 3 really soft goals and that's on him. All he can do is go back to work to fix his mistakes and get better.

He owned it completely and didn't point any fingers at anyone. Just himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad