Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - V - warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
You don't seriously think Rask had any chance on that one-timer from Oshie?

Rask has good nights and bad just like any goaltender in the league today. I don't see a load of mediocre goalies in the league at all, but I see about 15-20 guys where there isn't a whole lot of separation between the No.1 guy and the No.20 guy. I don't see any goaltender in the sport today who is even close to being unquestionably "the man" as far as goaltenders go.

Rask gives this team a chance to win most nights. He went what almost 3 months last season without a regulation loss?

Absolutely. If all cross ice shots went in the games would be 12-10. Like I said, those go in, but it was certainly not unstoppable. If that shot was unstoppable for him, well we have problems.

I'm not even saying he's the issue, but let's not have the pity party that omg he faced tough shots all the time. All goalies do.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
From where Oshie was standing, and where the puck came from, zero chance Rask even saw Oshie standing there. He's almost in the corner on the goal line.

C'mon Lou, your better than this.

because I expect the goalie to read pass and start his movements quicker? Holtby did it continually. Rask does it continually. he didn't last night, no harm no foul

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Absolutely. If all cross ice shots went in the games would be 12-10. Like I said, those go in, but it was certainly not unstoppable. If that shot was unstoppable for him, well we have problems.

I'm not even saying he's the issue, but let's not have the pity party that omg he faced tough shots all the time. All goalies do.

I respectfully disagree. That wasn't a normal cross-ice one-timer.

I can find fault to some degree on Rask on the other 4 to get past him. But that first one? No sorry that's not stoppable the way that play unfolded.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
because I expect the goalie to read pass and start his movements quicker? Holtby did it continually. Rask does it continually. he didn't last night, no harm no foul

How to you read a pass to a player whose not even in the far periphery of the goaltenders vision? If he even cheats over he gives Backstrom an open look.

Sometimes a player or team simply make a play that is near impossible to stop. It happens.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
How to you read a pass to a player whose not even in the far periphery of the goaltenders vision? If he even cheats over he gives Backstrom an open look.

Sometimes a player or team simply make a play that is near impossible to stop. It happens.

he didn't need to. read the play and move your ass. did you watch it again? Did he think Backstrom shot it wide?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

come on now. Unstoppable?

Pretty darn close Lou.

Even if you can even a small level of fault on that goal on Rask, the other 5 guys in front of him were far more responsible. I'd give Rask abotu 2% of fault on that goal, and the other 98% on his 5 teammates.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
he didn't need to. read the play and move your ass. did you watch it again? Did he think Backstrom shot it wide?

I don't even know why were arguing about this. Of the 5 goals on Rask last night, this one was the least on him. We have 4 more goals to criticize him for. Yet your blaming him for this one?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I don't even know why were arguing about this. Of the 5 goals on Rask last night, this one was the least on him. We have 4 more goals to criticize him for. Yet your blaming him for this one?

At that point in the game, knowing you're up against a blitzkrieg make the damn save is all. It's not unstoppable. Is it soft? no way. But make the save.

Reactions: DarrenBanks56

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/bruins/talking-points-bad-rask-bad-bruins-blowout-loss-capitals

BLACK EYE: Tuukka Rask. Tuukka Rask. Tuukka Rask. Plenty of Bruins players looked like they weren’t ready to play tonight. But the goaltender absolutely, positively can’t be one of them, and that was Rask in a big situation in Washington where the Capitals were celebrating their Cup win, and the Bruins were trying to prove they can actually hang with them. Instead Rask allowed two goals on the first four shots he faced, and five goals on 19 shots before he was mercifully yanked from the game in the middle of the second period in favor of Jaroslav Halák. A soft goal to Evgeny Kuznetsov where Rask came off the post and let the puck trickle in short side was the ultimate final act that got him pulled from the game, and by his own admission Rask had three soft goals in the loss. That’s about three too many for the $7 million goaltender, who always seems to fall short in these big games.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Stand up guy,

Bruins open with embarrassing loss to champion Capitals

“I don't even want to talk about the whole performance. It was what it was. But myself, I'm out there to give us a chance. I didn't. I gave up three soft goals. I've got to look in the mirror and go fix it. So that's deflating,” said Rask, who now is 1-11-5 all-time against Washington.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
out of the 5 goals he let up. i honestly think he shouldve had every one exept the ovie misdirection blast.

and that was from shitty pking by kuraly. bad awareness. not sure why he was so far down with ovie licking his chops.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/bruins/talking-points-bad-rask-bad-bruins-blowout-loss-capitals

BLACK EYE: Tuukka Rask. Tuukka Rask. Tuukka Rask. Plenty of Bruins players looked like they weren’t ready to play tonight. But the goaltender absolutely, positively can’t be one of them, and that was Rask in a big situation in Washington where the Capitals were celebrating their Cup win, and the Bruins were trying to prove they can actually hang with them. Instead Rask allowed two goals on the first four shots he faced, and five goals on 19 shots before he was mercifully yanked from the game in the middle of the second period in favor of Jaroslav Halák. A soft goal to Evgeny Kuznetsov where Rask came off the post and let the puck trickle in short side was the ultimate final act that got him pulled from the game, and by his own admission Rask had three soft goals in the loss. That’s about three too many for the $7 million goaltender, who always seems to fall short in these big games.

A Hackerty article complaining about Rask....the hockey season has officially started. I noticed he didn't mention that Halak didn't fare much better with his time in the net.

Reactions: Pia8988

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

So, among NHL goalies with 50 postseason games played since 2010, here are some rankings:
Save Percentage Since 2010​
  1. Braden Holtby, .932
  2. TUUKKA RASK, .928
  3. Henrik Lundqvist, .926
  4. Jonathan Quick, .921
  5. Corey Crawford, .919
  6. Pekka Rinne, .917
  7. Antti Niemi, .905
  8. Marc-Andre Fleury, .903
Even Strength Save Percentage Since 2010​
  1. TUUKKA RASK, .936
  2. Henrik Lundqvist, .934
  3. Braden Holtby, .932
  4. Pekka Rinne, .929
  5. Jonathan Quick, .925
  6. Corey Crawford, .923
  7. Antti Niemi, .918
  8. Marc-Andre Fleury, .915
Postseason Goals-Against Average Since 2010​
  1. Braden Holtby, 2.00
  2. TUUKKA RASK, 2.12
  3. Henrik Lundqvist, 2.17
  4. Jonathan Quick, 2.27
  5. Corey Crawford, 2.28
  6. Pekka Rinne, 2.35
  7. Antti Niemi, 2.77
  8. Marc-Andre Fleury, 2.79

But Rask "always seems to come up short in big games"......right? I guess this is just another example of a "fact that cannot be disputed".

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
cant deny those numbers. those are good number.
but he still stunk last nite.
and j would start halak tonite.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
cant deny those numbers. those are good number.
but he still stunk last nite.
and j would start halak tonite.

They were planning to anyways. The whole point of getting someone like to Halak is to have a guy you trust in back to backs.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
So, among NHL goalies with 50 postseason games played since 2010, here are some rankings:
Save Percentage Since 2010​
  1. Braden Holtby, .932
  2. TUUKKA RASK, .928
  3. Henrik Lundqvist, .926
  4. Jonathan Quick, .921
  5. Corey Crawford, .919
  6. Pekka Rinne, .917
  7. Antti Niemi, .905
  8. Marc-Andre Fleury, .903
Even Strength Save Percentage Since 2010​
  1. TUUKKA RASK, .936
  2. Henrik Lundqvist, .934
  3. Braden Holtby, .932
  4. Pekka Rinne, .929
  5. Jonathan Quick, .925
  6. Corey Crawford, .923
  7. Antti Niemi, .918
  8. Marc-Andre Fleury, .915
Postseason Goals-Against Average Since 2010​
  1. Braden Holtby, 2.00
  2. TUUKKA RASK, 2.12
  3. Henrik Lundqvist, 2.17
  4. Jonathan Quick, 2.27
  5. Corey Crawford, 2.28
  6. Pekka Rinne, 2.35
  7. Antti Niemi, 2.77
  8. Marc-Andre Fleury, 2.79
But Rask "always seems to come up short in big games"......right? I guess this is just another example of a "fact that cannot be disputed".

Dunno speak to the author

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad