Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - V - warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
When they accomplish what these guys have done....Win a cup then they get the respect they deserve.

Up to know, they get paid like great players but they have no jewelry. And Sweeney is thriving with more Chiarelli player/picks then with his own.

1) Chiarelli

2) Thomas

3) Chara
What an incredibly simple (and incorrect) way to look at it. Hockey is a team game and they win and lose as a team. You're free to look at it that way, but as you've already found out, almost no one agrees with you.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
When they accomplish what these guys have done....Win a cup then they get the respect they deserve.

Up to know, they get paid like great players but they have no jewelry. And Sweeney is thriving with more Chiarelli player/picks then with his own.

1) Chiarelli

2) Thomas

3) Chara

"If Bourque doesn't win a Cup in Colorado, he doesn't deserve our respect" - JP Nolan

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
"If Bourque doesn't win a Cup in Colorado, he doesn't deserve our respect" - JP Nolan
Thats a different level of player,....And besides, Bourque was a difference maker and Colorado does not win that cup without him. He inspired the team.....Good example, Thanks for proving my case.

Lets see RASK raise his game like the great ones......He has yet to do that, he has many excuses as to why he hasn't, But lets see him be "one of the reasons". Cause in his career he has not yet done that. He has not come up the biggest in the biggest spot...Lets hope he does it this year with his plate full for him.

Reactions: fin8

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Thats a different level of player,....And besides, Bourque was a difference maker and Colorado does not win that cup without him. He inspired the team.....Good example, Thanks for proving my case.

Lets see RASK raise his game like the great ones......He has yet to do that, he has many excuses as to why he hasn't, But lets see him be "one of the reasons". Cause in his career he has not yet done that. He has not come up the biggest in the biggest spot...Lets hope he does it this year with his plate full for him.
If Bourque was such a difference maker, why was he not able to "inspire the team" here in Boston for 18 seasons?

As for Rask being "one of the reasons", people have shown that to you. You just refuse to listen.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

Thanks. I do appreciate the laugh.

Keep ignoring how his playoff numbers are better than his regular season numbers......which is the very definition of "raising his game".

Please name all the other Bruins that "raised their game" more than Rask in the 2013 Finals. I'll wait.

Reactions: Chief Nine

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

1) Chiarelli

2) Thomas

3) Chara

Rask actually has jewelry. He was the backup for the 2011 team. He has a ring, and his name is on the Cup. Your take is schmuck-level-10. They have to win a Cup to get respect? You're literally the only person who probably believes that is a true statement. The Stanley Cup is the hardest trophy to win in all sports. Jarome Iginla never hoisted the Cup, does he not get respect? Cam Neely never did. Do you not respect him either? What a joke of a comment, but seeing the source, I'm not shocked. Remember what I just said above? This response from you only reiterates it :laugh:

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Rask actually has jewelry. He was the backup for the 2011 team. He has a ring, and his name is on the Cup. Your take is schmuck-level-10. They have to win a Cup to get respect? You're literally the only person who probably believes that is a true statement. The Stanley Cup is the hardest trophy to win in all sports. Jarome Iginla never hoisted the Cup, does he not get respect? Cam Neely never did. Do you not respect him either? What a joke of a comment, but seeing the source, I'm not shocked. Remember what I just said above? This response from you only reiterates it :laugh:

Listen, The guy has won nothing. When he wins he can be called great. Great goalies carry teams to championships. ROY, FLUERY, SMITH, VERNON, HASEK, .....

When Rask wins and i guess everyone here is so sure he will, then he gets the greatness tag. Till then in my opnion he is w weak minded guy who did kinda maybe quit on his team awhile back, who put up great numbers for years behind a defensive minded team playing a defensive minded system.....

Let him steal us a series, let him be dominant at Cup time. He will have his chance and i am sure he will win us one according to the pro Raskies...Which makes me happy cause my team will win a cup...

As of now, He is basically Braden Holtby...Same guy. too me, That is not great.

Reactions: fin8

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Listen, The guy has won nothing. When he wins he can be called great. Great goalies carry teams to championships. ROY, FLUERY, SMITH, VERNON, HASEK, .....

When Rask wins and i guess everyone here is so sure he will, then he gets the greatness tag. Till then in my opnion he is w weak minded guy who did kinda maybe quit on his team awhile back, who put up great numbers for years behind a defensive minded team playing a defensive minded system.....

Let him steal us a series, let him be dominant at Cup time. He will have his chance and i am sure he will win us one according to the pro Raskies...Which makes me happy cause my team will win a cup...

You completely ignore that hockey is a team game and the Cup is the hardest trophy to win just to pump this trash narrative. Also, he's stolen series before...Do you remember the Pittsburgh series? Rask was huge in that one.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa

I remember Giguere carrying the ducks to a final. No one player can win a cup for a team, Rask certainly gave a team that was having trouble scoring a chance in 2013 that I don't think they would have had with any goalie.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

1) Chiarelli

2) Thomas

3) Chara
2012 when Bruins lost as the 1st seed to 8th seeded Capitals do you give the blame to:

1) Chiarelli

2) Thomas

3) Chara

Why or why not?

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

the fact that you just listed MAF, Billy Smith and Mike Vernon as "greats" says all I need to know. You're either a troll or dumb.

lets break it down...

MAF playoffs: .908/2.65 and he didnt play the past 2.

Vernon playoffs: .896/2.68 (.890/2.98 regular season)
...Vernon was such a 'great' playoff performer that Detroit went out and replaced him with Osgood.

Billy Smith playoffs: 2.73 (3.17 regular season)
...and thats with a top 10 defenseman of all time in front of him

Rask playoffs: .928/2.12

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
You are either a goalie who wins a cup.....Or you are a goalie who has never won a cup. Your level of greatness is defined by what you do in the playoffs.

The 3rd goal at 59 seconds of the 2013 Stanley cup game 6 was so bad and so mis played that it was sad. It was an epic choke job to be so out of position and out that high. I mean, how does that puck go in in a Stanley Cup game? That is what he is to me. It is what he has done. It is his legacy for me. Bad goals at bad times. It is not only about how many you give up....But when you give them up.

Whoever wants to kiss the guys ring can be my guest. I apparently have a different evaluation criteria for what is great at great times and what is great vs the poor teams....

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
You are either a goalie who wins a cup.....Or you are a goalie who has never won a cup. Your level of greatness is defined by what you do in the playoffs.

The 3rd goal at 59 seconds of the 2013 Stanley cup game 6 was so bad and so mis played that it was sad. It was an epic choke job to be so out of position and out that high. I mean, how does that puck go in in a Stanley Cup game? That is what he is to me. It is what he has done. It is his legacy for me. Bad goals at bad times. It is not only about how many you give up....But when you give them up.

Whoever wants to kiss the guys ring can be my guest. I apparently have a different evaluation criteria for what is great at great times and what is great vs the poor teams....
I'm pretty sure you're out to lunch if you think one game defines what makes a great goalie.

Plus the entire team broke down for two goals, pretty tough to fault one single person...unless agenda driven....

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
I admire members posting facts , you have stamina . But these anti Rask rants have obviously nothing to do with facts.

Rask could go 82-0-0 and not win a cup and be less than a great goalie in the eyes of some

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

You've finally said just one thing we can all agree on.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
I know.....Dont avoid that 3rd goal flopping like a seal out of position in the highest of pressure situations.

Last edited by a moderator:

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
16-0-2 in his last 18 starts.

This is an awful time to be a Rask hater.
I dont hate him.....I just dont kiss is @$#. Does he have the talent to win a cup....No doubt. Does he have the mental what it takes to win a cup. Very much in doubt. I guess we will find out. I hope he does.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I know.....Dont avoid that 3rd goal flopping like a seal out of position in the highest of pressure situations.

He wasn't out of position. The puck was deflected, hit the post, then came right out to Boland who was sitting at the edge of the crease for a tap-in.

It was the very definition of un-saveable.

Last edited by a moderator:

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
He wasn't out of position. The puck was deflected, hit the post, then came right out to Boland who was sitting at the edge of the crease for a tap-in.

It was the very definition of un-saveable.

Un saveable yes.....when you are sitting at the top of the outer circle of the crease instead of being in the net...His angle was poor o the Odyua shot hence being out of position for a tip OR a guy at the side of the net. It is right in front of you to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad