Tucson Roadrunners Discussion - Western Conference Champions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
The Roadrunners have signed 22-year-old LHD Kevin Ekman-Larsson.

Name sounds familiar but I can't place it.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
The Roadrunners have signed 22-year-old LHD Kevin Ekman-Larsson.

Name sounds familiar but I can't place it.

Fellas, this is smart...keep OEL happy and surrounded by family.

Plus, KEL can't be any worse than the diminutive dman Brandon Burlon. Btw, It says Burlon is 6'0'' and 190, I'm calling BS...no way he is over 5'10'' 170 lbs.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Fellas, this is smart...keep OEL happy and surrounded by family.

Plus, KEL can't be any worse than the diminutive dman Brandon Burlon. Btw, It says Burlon is 6'0'' and 190, I'm calling BS...no way he is over 5'10'' 170 lbs.

This is a business, not about keeping OEL happy. If they thought KEL could not play, they would not have signed him.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
You're naive if you don't think that OEL was not part of the equation to decide to sign him.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You're naive if you don't think that OEL was not part of the equation to decide to sign him.

I guess we agree to disagree. I could see if OEL asked the Coyotes for a try out for his brother, but a contract, I doubt very much. I don't see how they would waste a contract and money if they thought his brother could not play in the AHL, especially if we are broke as you have being saying for the last decade.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I guess we agree to disagree. I could see if OEL asked the Coyotes for a try out for his brother, but a contract, I doubt very much. I don't see how they would waste a contract and money if they thought his brother could not play in the AHL, especially if we are broke as you have being saying for the last decade.

Signed to Tucson. Not Arizona. Not using contract slot.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I'm sure they scouted him a bit as well. As long as his game is decent enough for the AHL level, it should be fine.

With the chance that Wood makes it onto the Coyotes roster, this is probably an okay gamble. Currently (along with Wood) we have Capobianco, Smereck, Mayo, and Mermis as prospects in Tucson.

The only other Tucson D-men are Burlon and Musil.

I'm guessing McBain and Tinordi will not be returning

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

KEL attended a Coyotes prospect camp some 3-4 years ago (used to save the roster sheets but not any more.) So they already knew about him.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
KEL attended a Coyotes prospect camp some 3-4 years ago (used to save the roster sheets but not any more.) So they already knew about him.

Thanks. I knew there was more to the story than keeping OEL happy.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
The season ticket holder jersey designs released today...

8o8bleu.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: