Tucson Roadrunners Discussion - Western Conference Champions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Langhamer gets the start in our first home game against the Barracuda. Hill isn't here, somebody name Schoenfeld? dressed as backup. Barracuda score first, Fournier start sa fight on the next face off and both are ejected.
Take a penalty in the last minute of the 1st and Fischer sets up Dauphin for SHG right in the crease,

This is the banker backup goalie the Coyotes used last year.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Had a roller game, got to the Gulls make-up game late. Saw a replay of Wood scoring the 2nd goal and the Gulls score their 3rd and 4th, 4-2 Gulls.
Our 4th line deflects one in, Troock from MacInnis and Moroz, 4-3.
Gulls just got it back, 5-3 Gulls, Hill gets the hook, hammer time.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Mueller takes a goalie interference penalty with 3 minutes left down by 2. Time for me to hit the showers.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Tucson better get their **** together if they want to make the playoffs.

Chayka tried to help out at least. We hooked them up with Whitney, Morin, and Downing who all seem to be producing.

Side note: I'm happy to see Dauphin stepping up. He might be a checking line center in the NHL some day.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Chayka tried to help out at least. We hooked them up with Whitney, Morin, and Downing who all seem to be producing.

Side note: I'm happy to see Dauphin stepping up. He might be a checking line center in the NHL some day.

I believe Dauphin will be our fourth line center next year. He has a good shot as any.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
How reasonable is ticket prices for Roadrunners tickets? My sister goes to Icecats games, I might convince her to go to a Runners game.

Very reasonable. Direct from the team you can get a ticket for like $12. On the secondary market that price or even a little lower.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
14 games left, and I think that we will see some of the NHLers who are AHL eligible get sent down for the last 3 games or so. So, there needs to be about 7 or 8 wins in those first 11 games to feel better about playoff chances.

Also did not realize that our GF/GA differential is appallingly large, something like -35. A little surprising for a team that is hovering around a playoff berth.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Also did not realize that our GF/GA differential is appallingly large, something like -35. A little surprising for a team that is hovering around a playoff berth.

They have a habit of getting outright destroyed in losses and their wins are by closer margins.

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
Question for the followers of the Runners, how is Wood looking over the course of the season? I'm most interested in his defence and neutral zone play, as well as his physicality.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
shouldn't we be sending down the rookies from the Yotes to see if Roadrunners can get to the playoffs and make a run..

You have to think Perlini , Dvorak, ( maybe Keller if he leaves early) and the others would give them an edge

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
There's a date upon which players have to be on the AHL roster even if its just a paper transaction. That day was a week or two back - I don't know who they papered so they would be able to play if Tucson makes the playoffs.

It was sure nice having a voice covering the team when Wildcat would keep us apprised.

Even Chychrun along with DeAngelo would benefit from some minutes when the outcome of the game actually matters.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
There's a date upon which players have to be on the AHL roster even if its just a paper transaction. That day was a week or two back - I don't know who they papered so they would be able to play if Tucson makes the playoffs.

It was sure nice having a voice covering the team when Wildcat would keep us apprised.

Even Chychrun along with DeAngelo would benefit from some minutes when the outcome of the game actually matters.

Chychrun won't be able to play. He would have had to be on the roster a few weeks ago, but he cannot be sent down until Sarnia's season is over.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I thought they finally got rid of the clear day rule a few years ago :dunno: I seem to remember that being a big deal when announced. They just have to finalize a roster at the end of the season or something.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I thought they finally got rid of the clear day rule a few years ago :dunno: I seem to remember that being a big deal when announced. They just have to finalize a roster at the end of the season or something.

Dunno, I just remember McLellan tweeting about it around the deadline:
http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...m-vrbata-shane-doan-before-deadline/98600190/

Arizona also assigned winger Brendan Perlini and defenseman Anthony DeAngelo to the AHL, but these were paper moves as players had to be on an AHL roster by 1 p.m. to be eligible to participate in the AHL playoffs. Both players are currently remaining with the Coyotes.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Morin stopped on a penalty shot by the monster.
Condors score on a wrap-around that roofs on a deflection.
Nice pressure on our PP, actually have two PP units:
Dauphin-Mueller-Fischer
Bunting-Downing-Morin

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
MacInnis gets beat chasing a dump in and Condors knock one in, 2-0 baby oil

Edit - and follow up with another odd man rush, 3-0 baby oil. Hill yanked, Hammer time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad