Tucson Roadrunners Discussion - Western Conference Champions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Much better 1st tonite, lots of instigation followed by baby oil retaliation getting called. Whitney ties it up at 1-1 and McBain's shot trickles in between the monster's pads to put us up 2-1 at the end of the 1st. Hammer looking solid.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Are we still blaming Duclair?

Depends... are we still blaming Tippett?

Sucks that the year started off so right and just crashed from here on out. However, thinking about who has performed in the AHL and NHL, there were chunks of the season where Perlini and DeAngelo (arguably two of our top 3 or 4 players there) did not play in the AHL. Dauphin and Fischer getting some time up as well. Welcome to the rebuild - we are so far ahead of where we were in the past, but still don't have the overall talent and poise to compete. Some nights we have both, most nights we have one, and some nights we have neither. Goes for both NHL and AHL teams.

Oh, and having to watch your captain nearly lose his life has some uplifting beat to the narrative, but also makes it that much harder to focus when adding the youth that we did. Perlini, Wood, Garland, MacInnis, and Hill also in their first years of pro hockey.

Welcome to the rebuild - a lot of new faces, new parts, new skills, and new things to learn and develop.

Last edited:

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
RR down 1-0 to the Barracuda after a PP goal in the 1st.
Morin takes Fischer's RW spot with Dauphin-Mueller, haven't done much together so far.
Bunting and Garland skating together with either Downing or MacInnis at center, some decent rushes together.
Selleck and Whitney have been centered by either Gaudet or MacInnis, some good cycles together.
Best player so far has been Troock with some chances off hard work. I was just happy to be rid of Peters and thought Ranford was the big return. He's been dumped after getting 0 points and the throw in Troock is having the most impact.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
And on cue, Troock jams one in working in front, 1-1.

Edit - just after a terrible RR PP expires, Selleck pots one on a breakaway off a stretch pass, 2-1 RR.

Last edited:

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Another terrible RR PP gives up a shorty followed by a 4 on 4 deflection and another PP goal, 4-2 Barracuda.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Is the power play always this bad? This is the coldest arena I've ever sat in. Nearly broke down and purchased a hoodie. Warming up on the outer concourse. Someone is wearing so much perfume and is stinking up the concourse. My eyes are nearly watering and one of the cotton candy vendors randomly started telling me about how people mispronounced Bill Maher's name when he was here.

People are jetting. I'm going to hang because it feels like a fight is brewing for the 3rd.

Last edited:

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Interesting start to the matinee, Mueller scores a beauty top shelf and the ref waves it off, no review. I assume he shared a room with the SJ coach last night.
Selleck drops the gloves and the Lady Shark turtles, double minor to the RRs. Discussion ensues after next face-off, bench minor RRs, down two men.
Thank god Hammer is in net, stopped every chance, no rebounds.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
2nd starts with Garland on the rush actually passing the puck and Bunting finishes it, 1-0 RR.
Right after Dauphin finds Mueller in tight, 2-0 RR.

Edit-And long time scratch Burlon squeaks a point shot through, 3-0 RR.
Followed right after by a Troock breakaway and another squeaker, 4-0 RR, TROOOOOCK!!!!

Last edited:

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
SJ has come back with two straight SH goals. We need to take bench minors to defray any further PP chances this season.

Edit-PP goal SJ, 4-2.

And tie it with :50 seconds left, OT time... Oh no... We got a PP in the OT, Why?

Last edited:

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Hey folks,

Is there anyone on Twitter or here that has posted/posts Roadrunners line combinations/D-Pairings on a fairly regular basis?

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad