Tucson Roadrunners Discussion - Western Conference Champions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Hey, guys. I know wood has been playing well offensively, but how is he on the defensively side? Could his d ever be up to par for a top pairing NHL guy?

Would really like to hear some Tucson fan opinions on this.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I know he's on skates, but Kyle Wood is a big dude.

C3ZM4pFVYAAr6d8.jpg:large

He is a giant. At the game against San Diego last week he was one of the tallest if not tallest player on the ice.

CoyoteDave

Dec 12, 2016
Cave Creek
Headed out to see the youngsters on the farm club Friday. Taking someone that has never been to a hockey game. Hope to turn them into a fanatic.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
WE HAVE A TRADE TO ANNOUNCE:

http://tucsonroadrunners.com/news/?article_id=317

Apparently, Tucson would rather have Brendans/Brandens than Justins. :laugh:

Seems like a good move, though - Peters wasn't that great or getting much icetime, and it gives Hill and Langhamer a better platooning situation.

Nice move, I suppose. I guess this means we might see more prospect forwards up with the Coyotes (or more of Fischer/Perlini)

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Can't make it up tonight, if someone would like a pair of tickets to tonight's RR game at Gila River PM me. - CLAIMED!

Last edited:

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
I'll be up there tomorrow night, booked a room at FOUNDRE for some post game drink and stroll. Practice lines look good with the new guys:

Ranford. Mueller. Fischer.
Bunting. Dauphin. Duclair.
Selleck. Gaudet. Troock.
Olver. MacInnis. Garland.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Everyone best give Z a big ole cheer tonight/tomorrow.

If they don't move him/waive him to another NHL team for depth I hope they can somehow call him up for a Yotes game at the end of the season.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Saw someone say the attendance was lower than avg attendance in Tucson.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'm quite sure that it was based on the pics. Don't think the Coyotes did a good enough job trying to promote the games, they barely started mentioning them on the broadcast a couple weeks ago.

Ticket reps should have called plan holders with offers (mine didn't anyway), they should have had signage in the arena pointing people to the indoor boxoffice to buy tickets.

They did have the Coyotes + RR package deal for a little bit but there wasn't enough notice IMO.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
They did a horrible job promoting it but still had 4,000 in attendance according to the AHL. The Saturday game looks to have noticeably more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad