TSN: TSN1040 Vancouver: Contract talks with Gallagher have stalled and broken off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Lightning will want young guys and prospects to help them with their cap, not older dudes wanting raises.

BGALLY in Tampa? INCOME TAXES THERE? he could sign for 4-5 million
Habs got some young pieces....
We did trade 1 time with them in recent yrs...so there not afraid

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
Tampa does not have a great farm system....if you trade Gallagher needs to go to a team that wants to extend him same way Vegas did with Pacioretty...Oilers are a good fit......Broberg or Bouchard....Lavoie.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Hate to say it after the Drouin trade, but Tampa could be one our best bets as a trade partner.

Reactions: Habaneros

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Tatar, you're up next lol

Nor should there be at this point in time.
With the emergence of the 2 young centers, and Danault producing as a marginal 2c even when given the best wingers the teams been able to offer for 3 straight years, and the fact he shined as a 3c when placed there in the playoffs

You let the year unfold, and re-asses at about 60% through the season, we will know for SURE if we HAVE to re-sign Danault, gallagher ... lets face it Tatar is walking thanks for a couple highlights

Its so clear to me after the Toffoli signging it changed EVERYTHING for bergevin, as a GM you simply cant "oh its in the bag" with a signature like Toffoli, its an honest to god pleasant surprise, for us AND for bergevin, a player like that could easily just say "no"

But he didnt, so that changes the ENTIRE complexity of the team roster wise AND financially, and now all of a sudden a couple habs who thought they were going to be SET for life and habs for significant term now have to get off this pedestal they believe they are on now, and either accept slightly less cash to stay and help the team or BUH BYE, hopefully get something decent in a trade

I really couldnt be prouder of bergevin for not having made his #1 priority this season re-signing Gallagher Danault and Tatar to brutal higher than they deserve probably too long contracts.
It just makes me picture a wheel spinning in mud.

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Why would you even worry about that right now?

Romanov hasn't even played an NHL game yet, why are you concerned about an offer sheet?
I'm not really worried about Romanov. He's just another piece that will make things hard. And I said earlier if they do well.

Nothing stopping a team offering Suzuki 7 a year. That's not going to be easy for us to free up.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
It hurts to say, but for as good as Gallager is, him signing a 7-year deal would really be the bow tied on the era of mediocrity in Montreal that he has been here for.

Trade him to Vancouver while Benning is sweating. The offensive core going forward (excluding mid tier prospects/roster players) is:

XX - Suzuki - Anderson
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Caufield

All either locked in for term or are one of the franchise’s “golden boys”.

Guys like Toffoli, Evans and maybe Poehling or Hillis fill in the middle/bottom. Too early to tell for 2020 prospects. Who knows what vets we trade for at future trade deadlines to complete the roster.

Trade Gally for Podkolzin + and complete the forward core for the next 3-5 years

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West
I'm not really worried about Romanov. He's just another piece that will make things hard. And I said earlier if they do well.

Nothing stopping a team offering Suzuki 7 a year. That's not going to be easy for us to free up.
Thats a good point.We have to be able to match another team O.S. towards Suzuki if that happens,Not having too much money tied up in Gally.

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West
source.gif
Im glad the Hurricanes swooped in and signed him ahead of Bergy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad