WC: 2024 World Championship general discussion

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Who is the main goalie? Is Raymond the big forward?
Tie between Ersson and Gus. Probably an edge to Gus as he was stronger towards the end of the season and was crazy good last season. Pretty good goalies. Czechs are better in the goalie departement but I would say sweden is a good second. Yeah but you could also make an argument for Eriksson Ek. But we’ll see after the first round exits.

Eye of Ra - please give us your opinion where SWE ends up
At best we avoid the relegation games?

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Tie between Ersson and Gus. Probably an edge to Gus as he was stronger towards the end of the season and was crazy good last season. Pretty good goalies. Czechs are better in the goalie departement but I would say sweden is a good second. Yeah but you could also make an argument for Eriksson Ek. But we’ll see after the first round exits.

At best we avoid the relegation games?
3 stacked teams should make for a great tourney! Czechs are not on the same level here. Only hope if a Boston/Vancouver elimination and Pasta showing up with Hronek. Then we might have a shot but highly unlikely we can keep up with US, Canada and Sweden here. Good luck! Hope it goes well!

To put it in perspective, I would do backflps if we could get Jiricek out of the AHL and Kampf from the Leafs (or Pasta/Zacha is TO pulls off a mini miracle).

Reactions: EK47

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
3 stacked teams should make for a great tourney! Czechs are not on the same level here. Only hope if a Boston/Vancouver elimination and Pasta showing up with Hronek. Then we might have a shot but highly unlikely we can keep up with US, Canada and Sweden here. Good luck! Hope it goes well!

To put it in perspective, I would do backflps if we could get Jiricek out of the AHL and Kampf from the Leafs (or Pasta/Zacha is TO pulls off a mini miracle).
Well I was talking specifically about the goalie situation. In that regard you have the best names on paper IMO.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Well I was talking specifically about the goalie situation. In that regard you have the best names on paper IMO.
Maybe... I'd say we have the best threesome as we have 3 good NHLers. Not sure we have the best starter though but it is certainly debatable we do. Finn's may get Saros.

To be honest.. if it was a best in best and everyone was available. Today . I go with the same 3 guys for the Czechs.

Rittich may be available soon. Vanecek is a good goalie going through rough times! Just like Mrazek and Rittich a few years ago.

Goalies, man! The days off studs like Lundqvist or Brodeur ruling for a decade seem over.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Maybe... I'd say we have the best threesome as we have 3 good NHLers. Not sure we have the best starter though but it is certainly debatable we do. Finn's may get Saros.

To be honest.. if it was a best in best and everyone was available. Today . I go with the same 3 guys for the Czechs.

Rittich may be available soon. Vanecek is a good goalie going through rough times! Just like Mrazek and Rittich a few years ago.

Goalies, man! The days off studs like Lundqvist or Brodeur ruling for a decade seem over.
Not the best goalie situation for sweden either. There’s Ullmark but after him it’s Markström who comes off of a couple of bad seasons and then it’s one of Gus/Ersson who aren’t quite there yet.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Not the best goalie situation for sweden either. There’s Ullmark but after him it’s Markström who comes off of a couple of bad seasons and then it’s one of Gus/Ersson who aren’t quite there yet.
I'm very high on walstedt... But probably 2 years away from stud

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I had us 10th. But that was before Hedman. Now i would say we make it to qf but loses there no matter who we face. We need better forwards.

Did u see him last Wc? He was dominant
I did and he was... however, to me, 'stud' means NHL starter, Vezina candidate or ASG nominee. Do you feel he's there today?

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Here are three worlds I thought I would never utter: "Go Maple Leafs!"

I think there is very little chance Boston will again mess it up in the first round of the playoffs, but there is some hope. Really would love to see Pasta at the tournament. Not sure what to do about Zacha if Boston miraculously goes down to Toronto. I don't think he deserves the home world championships after turning down the national team so many times. However, my desire for the Czechs to use the best players available might be stronger than the desire not to give Zacha the satisfaction. Tough one. The easy one on the other hand is not to allow players like Jaskin and others in the KHL to play in Prague. I never want to see them in a Czech jersey again.

I had us 10th. But that was before Hedman. Now i would say we make it to qf but loses there no matter who we face. We need better forwards.

Did u see him last Wc? He was dominant
This nonsense about Sweden performing badly is really getting old. Everyone knows that you know that Sweden has top odds to be one of the four SF teams, and losing in the QF "no matter who we face" is clearly not what you (or anyone else here) believes. The trolling is not getting boring?

Reactions: mattihp

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
I obviously have a bias but Brno games to World's in Pragues is just absolutely magical for me! I hope we eventually start doing the double with Bratislave tbh. That way Prague and Bratislava get it 2 years in a row. Like Finn's and Swedes did.
I think it would be brilliant to have Brno instead of Ostrava, then it would be two great cities hosting the event. Ostrava is awful, only slightly less awful than it was at the time of the fall of Communism. The only positive about including Ostrava and not Brno is the proximity of the city for travelling Polish fans, I guess. Can't see anything else positive otherwise.

Reactions: Czechboy

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Here are three worlds I thought I would never utter: "Go Maple Leafs!"

I think there is very little chance Boston will again mess it up in the first round of the playoffs, but there is some hope. Really would love to see Pasta at the tournament. Not sure what to do about Zacha if Boston miraculously goes down to Toronto. I don't think he deserves the home world championships after turning down the national team so many times. However, my desire for the Czechs to use the best players available might be stronger than the desire not to give Zacha the satisfaction. Tough one. The easy one on the other hand is not to allow players like Jaskin and others in the KHL to play in Prague. I never want to see them in a Czech jersey again.

This nonsense about Sweden performing badly is really getting old. Everyone knows that you know that Sweden has top odds to be one of the four SF teams, and losing in the QF "no matter who we face" is clearly not what you (or anyone else here) believes. The trolling is not getting boring?
Its neither trolling or nonsense. Sweden have not reached SF since 2018.

in 2021 we did not even make qf. Even that might happen again with how strong Germany, USA, Latvia, Slovakia and Poland look.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kudla

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Its neither trolling or nonsense. Sweden have not reached SF since 2018.

in 2021 we did not even make qf. Even that might happen again with how strong Germany, USA, Latvia, Slovakia and Poland look.
Sweden will do well. And Poland look strong compared to Sweden? Now I know you are trolling :cool:

nyr34

Feb 28, 2002
Rochester, NY
Does anyone know who will be broadcasting this tournament in the US? I can't really find any info on that. Thanks in advance!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad