TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
hot takes = ratings

Skip Bayless literally has people who tune in to watch/listen to him because he says the most ridiculous things.

I know, and it’s sad, but I also think the trick won’t age well. It tends to play better to an older demographic, in my opinion.

Reactions: Runner77 and 417

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
LOL, I wish Tony would shut up about the 'saluting the crowd' business and a couple of days ago he brought up the Carey-didn't-attend-the-contract-extention-press-conference-in-person drama that he was on about last summer. I didn't think we were going to hear about that again.
Tony did the same with a PK smear campaign if I recall, he's getting fed crap from mgmt to make Carey look like a bad guy so they can trade him too

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Tony did the same with a PK smear campaign if I recall, he's getting fed crap from mgmt to make Carey look like a bad guy so they can trade him too

Doubt it. Price has all the control anyways. Tony just likes tearing into the team's best players when the team sucks. Its the Steve Simmons hot-take mindset.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Your entire theory is based on a speculation that Bergevin and Subban had beef. Otherwise nothing you just mentioned makes the slightest bit of sense.

As I wrote in my previous response to you. Subban did not involve the Habs for his major charitable donation in the same way Lebron James doesn't involved the Cavs or his teammates for some of his donations.
There is nothing there man. Stop trying to find something to feed this Reality TV way of thinking.
The fact that LeBron does what he wants is a poor example. LeBron basically runs the Cavs. If he doesn't like the coach, the coach gets fired. If he thinks they should trade for such-and-such a player, they'll try to do it just to keep him happy. He's their meal ticket in more ways than one. Without LeBron, the Cavs are just another team. That is nothing like the kind of relationship PK had with the Habs. The management of this team would never cede that much power to one of their players. Jamais! That's what this whole beef was about because there was no beef to speak of prior to this (nothing substantial at any rate) But once he took to the podium at the hospital, it was game on.

If LeBron decides to so something without telling the Cavs front office he can do that. No other Cavs player likely can but LeBron has the muscle to do whatever he likes. No Habs player wields that kind of clout and the ones who come close are usually closely watched and quickly gotten rid of as soon as they are deemed as potential liabilities. The Habs have proven time and again that they will not be dictated to by their players nor will they play the game of trying to guess what a given player might decide to do on his own. They value predictability and compliance from their employees with no unapproved freelancing. They wouldn't put up with it from Maurice Richard or Guy Lafleur and they sure as hell won't put up with it from Subban. So right there, we've got the makings of a problem because PK Subban is a 21st Century pro athlete with a mind of his own. That kind of player was never going to be a good fit with the old school Habs mindset where players raise their hands to ask to use the bathroom.

Subban was smart enough and had been in the organization long enough to know that holding that press conference without his employer's prior knowledge or consent was going to be seen as a provocation, especially given the timing of his announcement which came the day before the new team captain was named. He knew that this was a surprise that management would not in any way find pleasant. The writing was on the wall from that day onward.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Guys , keep all the PK talk in the out of town thread , It's the instructions the Habs mods gave you a few months ago reggarding everthing PK related and it's still valid until we tell you otherwise.

Thank you

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Guys , keep all the PK talk in the out of town thread , It's the instructions the Habs mods gave you a few months ago reggarding everthing PK related and it's still valid until we tell you otherwise.

Thank you

Maybe a dedicated Thread would be needed no?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Bring back Subban in the Montreal lineup and i'll be more than happy to have thread(s) dedicate to him.

For now we are giving you the opportunity to talk about Subban in the out of town thread and i would like to point out that we are doing this as a courtesy.

So if I understand correctly if the out of town thread didn't exist on this board we wouldn't be permitted to talk about PK Subban on this board anywhere then. Wow I'm absolutely floored to read such a comment on a hockey discussion board which seems to be seeing less and less participation all the time.

If HF is gonna be that strict and is doing Hab fans such a courtesy by permitting Hab fans to talk about Subban somewhere on this board why single him out and not other topics as well? I find stuff like this a little concerning. Wow.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Bring back Subban in the Montreal lineup and i'll be more than happy to have thread(s) dedicate to him.

For now we are giving you the opportunity to talk about Subban in the out of town thread and i would like to point out that we are doing this as a courtesy.

4 more seasons until Subban is back in MTL...lol

Reactions: Frenchy

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
So if I understand correctly if the out of town thread didn't exist on this board we wouldn't be permitted to talk about PK Subban on this board anywhere then. Wow I'm absolutely floored to read such a comment on a hockey discussion board which seems to be seeing less and less participation all the time.

If HF is gonna be that strict and is doing Hab fans such a courtesy by permitting Hab fans to talk about Subban somewhere on this board why single him out and not other topics as well? I find stuff like this a little concerning. Wow.
HF boards, kinda sounding like MB...............just doesn't wanna talk about his mistakes eh...

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
HF boards, kinda sounding like MB...............just doesn't wanna talk about his mistakes eh...

It's the doing it as a courtesy comment about a former Hab who was a huge fan favorite and a current NHL player and HF is doing us a courtesy to enable us to even mention the player is taking things way too far IMO. This is a hockey discussion board so any player currently playing in the NHL should not be off limits to discuss anywhere on this entire site. What's next? We can't discuss Leaf players? Bruin players?

Anyway I need to log off for a while to cool down because reading that "doing this as a courtesy" post as really ticked me off and if I stick around I'll for sure get banned today. Deep breaths.. Deep breaths..

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
That's the rules of the board.

I don't know why since it legitimately creates more work for them and means they have to constantly delete and move posts to the out of town thread, thus dishevelling that thread into constant Subban discussion, but that's the rule.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
That's the rules of the board.

I don't know why since it legitimately creates more work for them and means they have to constantly delete and move posts to the out of town thread, thus dishevelling that thread into constant Subban discussion, but that's the rule.

You are 100% correct.

It was my decision and mine alone to give you guys a place to talk about PK because i wanted to keep the majority happy. Giving you a thread to talk about PK ( the out of town thread ) is compromise that i came up with and this thread was the perfect fit, since he's no longer a Habs player.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

If the Out Of Town thread didn't exist, we wouldn't be able to talk about any player on any other team. Which is exactly why we have an Out Of Town thread.

You're working yourself up over the imaginary absence of a resource you actually have.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Subban was smart enough and had been in the organization long enough to know that holding that press conference without his employer's prior knowledge or consent was going to be seen as a provocation, especially given the timing of his announcement which came the day before the new team captain was named
What in the Blue hell is this :laugh:

Lemme guess. He committed to raise 10M just for the captaincy, right?

You are mixing things here and it aint funny

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
If you choose to believe that Subban is just some clueless rube who was merely a bystander to events taking place in his life and that he was completely unaware as to the effects his actions would have then fine. I guess your need to make PK a victim and to advance your narrative that it was all on Bergevin is more important to you than admitting that Subban was the smartest guy in the room.

It doesn't need to be cluelessness or a conspiracy. Face value appears to be the simplest and most logical interpretation here.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
TFC is also playing tonight for the CONCACAF championship.

SN has two mostly unused dedicated channels for Flames and Oiler games here in Alberta. I'd assume there are similar opportunities in other regions. Wouldn't SN1 be an option in all regions as well?

Edit: I just put SN on and they're notifying the Jay's game is on SN1 and SN360.

Reactions: Runner77

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Anyway I need to log off for a while to cool down because reading that "doing this as a courtesy" post as really ticked me off and if I stick around I'll for sure get banned today. Deep breaths.. Deep breaths..
You can admit that you are trolling 100% of the time and not get banned, so yeah.. The rules clearly states that trolling is not accepted. Strange eh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad