TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
You can admit that you are trolling 100% of the time and not get banned, so yeah.. The rules clearly states that trolling is not accepted. Strange eh

I completely understand why a thread dedicated for Subban discussion was established. There was a time when Subban talk seeped into most every thread.

Having said that, I think that sometimes PK discussion could fairly occur in, say, the Bergevin thread, especially if an existing conversation existed rating his trades and acquisitions. If not, then Bergevin discussion could overwhelm the OOT thread which isn't a positive thing either. Lesser of evils, perhaps.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Leafs, Jays , Raptors and TFC all playing tonight.

Montreal never had 3 major sports leagues but when they had 2, back in the days of the Spos and Habs overlapping their seasons, it's as close as we've come. Lucky for Trana, they are a real major league city.

Reactions: sandviper

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
What in the Blue hell is this :laugh:

Lemme guess. He committed to raise 10M just for the captaincy, right?

You are mixing things here and it aint funny

The real issue is thinking nobody knew about it. Like Subban had the city of Montreal and Elise Beliveau pinky swear not to tell. Oh yeah, and NHL.com. And Therrien who knew why he wasn't at practice.

If he was doing the donation to influence the players to pick him for captain, that flies in the face of the theory he didn't tell anyone. Why snub them then expect to get named captain?

The obsession over the Atrium is dumb.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Lucky for us we have an out of town thread that's been here as long as I can remember to talk about out of town topics and non Hab players. Now though it seems this thread was done as a courtesy for us Hab fans so we could discuss anything PK. :dunno: This thread was here before PK was a Hab and will still be here long after he hangs them up.

Last edited by a moderator:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Montreal never had 3 major sports leagues but when they had 2, back in the days of the Spos and Habs overlapping their seasons, it's as close as we've come. Lucky for Trana, they are a real major league city.

What? No love for the Montreal Dragons?

IIRC, they didn’t even finish their first season.

Reactions: Runner77

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
That's nuts. SN has "extra channels" the Jay's game could be broadcast on.
TSN 690 is Montréal sports radio and they have had Blue Jay baseball on while other TSN affiliâtes have had playoff hockey (like the Jets and Wild on TSN 1200). That's why I was pointing it out.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
TSN 690 is Montréal sports radio and they have had Blue Jay baseball on while other TSN affiliâtes have had playoff hockey (like the Jets and Wild on TSN 1200). That's why I was pointing it out.

I didn't realize you were talking about radio.

Reactions: Runner77

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
...and now we join Blue Jay baseball already in progress....

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Now lets listen to Tony try and prop up his boy Freddie Andersen tomorrow. Stole two games but lost them three.

Price ALL DAMN DAY

Reactions: DXStriker

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Now lets listen to Tony try and prop up his boy Freddie Andersen tomorrow. Stole two games but lost them three.

Price ALL DAMN DAY

He will defend his take by attacking Price and saying Price lost us the rangers series by allowing 11 goals in 6 games and having a 930 something save %
Tony is never wrong !

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Listening to 690 Saturday night was most excitement I seen out of Habs fans since we eliminated the Bruins in 2014. Once they found out they would be drafting inside the top 3.

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis
Am I the only who thinks Sean Starr is in an idiot? He has been doing radio forever and he cant come up with any good arguments to defend his points.

He always defaults to cliches. Also can someone tell him to stop breathing in the mic?

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Craig button just on with Melnick and said he rankings wont be out for awhile and he said Jesperi Kotkaniemi will be in his top 5 and after Svechnikov they are all close that if your need is a C that he would consider Kotkaniemi .

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Am I the only who thinks Sean Starr is in an idiot? He has been doing radio forever and he cant come up with any good arguments to defend his points.

He always defaults to cliches. Also can someone tell him to stop breathing in the mic?
Idiot is strong and hurtful wording. I agree that most of his takes don't make a lot of sense to me, but we can't have everyone agree on the show. McKenna typically always takes the common sense approach, leaving only the wrong and weird takes.

Also, anyone working with Rick Moffat will never be considered the idiot in the room. Oops, now I'm being hurtful damnit.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Was listening to JC Lajoie on radio, guy has to be the most pathetic guy ever when he wants to attempt doing humour. He's the boss so the guys he is working with act like he's the most funniest guy ever. But their way of sucking up to him has become embarrassing at this point.

Watching the TVA Sparre playoff show hosted by Morisette and the girl Frederic...I mean damn what a looker she is. The content is pretty bad, though. But I watch just for her.

Reactions: Justin11

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Was listening to JC Lajoie on radio, guy has to be the most pathetic guy ever when he wants to attempt doing humour. He's the boss so the guys he is working with act like he's the most funniest guy ever. But their way of sucking up to him has become embarrassing at this point.

Watching the TVA Sparre playoff show hosted by Morisette and the girl Frederic...I mean damn what a looker she is. The content is pretty bad, though. But I watch just for her.

How JC Lajoie is on the radio it's beyond me. He's just terrible.

Reactions: Kimota

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Cause there's nobody else, lol. The guy is the Glen Beck of sport radio. They originaly hired him to be a shock jock, talking about the news but he turned the station into a sport one.

Everytime he goes on air I switch to 690 and listen to Melnick. His voice alone just irritates me.

Reactions: Kimota
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad