Player Discussion Troy Terry

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Im sorry what is this about?

This is just some random pulls I did with a 30 second search. His confidence comes up in his interviews ALL the time. Also there is apparently a twitter user named "troy terry's confidence."

Reactions: dracom and 70sSanO

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
You are ignoring WHEN the arbitration takes place, which I conveniently laid out chronologically.

The Devils didn't ignore it. They used it because they thought his 2021-22 season was a flash fluke. Bratt reproduced the 2021-22 the next year to show the production wasn't a fluke. Two seasons to establish consistency netted Bratt an eight year extension at an AAV of $7.875 mil.

Let's establish that Bratt producing at a high clip for two consecutive seasons is the reason why he landed his $7.875 mil contract. Otherwise, using your logic, that AAV should be much lower because of his first three years at only a 0.54 ppg rate.

You can't have it both ways.

Terry produced at a high rate for two consecutive seasons. His production is not a flash in the pan. Thus, his salary should be viewed similarly to Bratt's.

Check out the first comp. It’s ok to take an L sometimes. Happens to everyone.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Haven't seen this info anywhere but: what time does the arbitration process begin tomorrow? Basically I'm wondering what time we should all start getting nervous tomorrow if there's no deal in place.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
1 year, 5.75 million is my official guess. Show me year for his big pay day next off season.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
i think it's going to be a 1 year deal at 6.5 before arbitration (which i will not like at all)

I think one year is very risky for Terry. Look what happened to Lundy. Verbeek won't sign him for only 2 years that's pretty much the kiss of death, see you later, not part of the future.

I think It's gonna be 1 year to keep him a RFA or around 5-7 years, imho

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
I think one year is very risky for Terry. Look what happened to Lundy. Verbeek won't sign him for only 2 years that's pretty much the kiss of death, see you later, not part of the future.

I think It's gonna be 1 year to keep him a RFA or around 5-7 years, imho

Yeah, I agree. I can't imagine Terry wanting to risk yet another "prove-it" season when he's already had to do it twice in the past two years, unless Verbeek is completely lowballing him (which doesn't make a lot of sense to me).

He's made about $4.8M in six years so far, which after agent fees, taxes, escrow, and the costs of living in Orange County is not really "big time" money. Sure, tossing him $6.5M for this year would boost that significantly, but I'm sure he'd rather have the security of a $35M+ contract instead that's going to set up his family for generations.

Reactions: Leonardo87

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Terry’s 23 goals this past season will be his albatross. There is a real unknown that he may never get back to 40, or almost 40.

A valid argument can be made that he surprised defenses in ‘22 and got more attention in ‘23 and his production fell off.

Right now his role is to be the top goal scorer on the Ducks, not a companion piece. I don’t know if he can really fill that role.

John

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
A couple of seasons ago Terry wanted to be traded. Maybe Pat is f***ing this up or maybe Terry doesn't want to stay

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Who knows, PV and team could have made all of the offers we all think are fair but Terrys camp is demanding more. Remember too this isnt just PV, Solomon as assistant GM was the contract wizard and fancy stat guy.

Jeff Solomon Bio
"In his role, Solomon oversees strategic budget planning in relation to the NHL's Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and the salary cap, player contract negotiations, salary arbitration case preparation and management, and player evaluation and analytics."

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I know you dont want to set a bad precedent with contracts but this feels like a very risky move for PV without too much to gain. Just give us 8 years and a good contract and we should be set.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad