Proposal: Trouba Mega thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Is this still the Trouba thread on the trade board, or is it a thread where EdmontonExpress gets to natter aimlessly about any variety of topics that many times do not even include the name Trouba for paragraphs on end?

Surely most here would prefer that the thread remains topical versus being continually hijacked by a single user?

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
Congratulations, you've successfully ascertained that Jets fans have a wide and diverse range of opinions as regards the Trouba situation, what it's like, and how it should be handled. It's almost as though they're all different people, right? :)

This wins the internet. Thanks, Viqsi.

broc

Dec 20, 2010
So Chevy's plan is not to build through the draft. Okay, so what is it then? Can you folks get on the same page if you're going to invent stuff?

Loooool, an Oiler fan trolling.
Why don't you look at what our franchise inherited as far as team, and prospects go.. and look at what we have now. If you can't see how we've been building through the draft you are braindead.

The draft is more than one round long, and teams who truly build through the draft try to amass as many picks as possible. Not Chevy, though; when Kev's on it to grow his team that way, he trades picks. What a brilliant hockey mind.

you can try to paint a picture with what teams do with 6th round picks, or you can look at the big picture.

Actually, it's funny seeing an Oilers fan trying to poke fun at ANY other teams management. This, coming from the most mismanaged franchise in the league the past decade or so. The ONLY thing that has saved Edmonton from being a barrel bottom feeder again was the planets aligning giving you McDavid.
Without a Crosby-esque player like that falling into your lap, you'd be drafting 1st overall again, and again surely, over the next 5 years. Your franchise is groan-inspiring in terms of management. Even now, with Chiarelli. Great trade, Hall for Larsson. Well, you're winning right, so it must be a great trade.

Even Toronto has not been as badly managed as Edmonton the last decade. And that's sayin something. :laugh:

The team's made the playoffs once in five years. They can and should be open to criticism right now, especially since the "mastermind" behind that "plan" is still running things.

Edmonton's catchphrase- somewhat cynically- was HOPE; is Winnipeg's EXCITING?

Well, no matter what it is.. it's going to be faster than Edmonton's 10 year "express" rebuild, right? :laugh:

Chevy will get what he wants for Trouba, or Trouba will sign.
Winnipeg fans are content with how the Trouba situation is being handled. I guess Oilers fans aren't?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
If I'm Sweeney I am offering the price:

To Boston:

D Jacob Trouba

To Winnipeg:

C Ryan Spooner
1st Round Pick (unprotected)
_________ (ask Chevy to write a name here of any of the Bruins prospects not named McAvoy or Carlo)

I realize that is really steep for Bruins fans and probably not ideal for the Jets fans given the talks here but I'm basing it off of the HNIC Hotstove reports.

Cheveldayoff said that he wants a LHD and Spooner is a Center/Winger. Spooner and a 1st doesn't get it done.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
All young players involve some element of hope. Are you suggesting Trouba will never be more than a 20-point #4?

Trouba's he's never been anything less than a #3, even as a 19 year old.

And we have no evidence Trouba will be more than he is today. Quick, better move him.

Difference being Trouba is already really good.

Why are you getting so worked up? The Oilers are almost certainly one of the teams that were told "they aren't a fit" by Trouba's agent. He wouldn't sign if traded there anyway.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Nurse is garbage. I love that the Jets ended up with Morrissey (the much better Dman) in the 2013 draft?

Outside of McDavid, have the Oilers even made a good pick the past 10 years?

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
To say the a Jets don't suffer from not having a good Dman in their lineup is a lie. Both suffer with no deal being done.

The Jets have given up a grand total of one goal over the past two games combined. They are managing just fine without Trouba thus far and Josh Morrissey has largely filled in quite well in his absence. In fact, Morrissey has been the Jets best d-man on many occasions this season. His play has basically been superb.

Sure the Jets roster would benefit from the addition of a single elite player if one was to be garnered in a trade return, but they can also survive without him if Chevy decides to let him sit the year out. The Jets are gaining depth by the year with or without Trouba via some superb drafting and patience. Their burgeoning depth allows Chevy the comfort to wait out his desired return of an individual player of comparable talent, age, and experience versus a package of stuff they already possess.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
How many offers has there been suggested in the last 10 pages? 1 or 2?

Talk about a wildly OT thread, wow.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
The Jets have given up a grand total of one goal over the past two games combined. They are managing just fine without Trouba thus far and Josh Morrissey has largely filled in quite well in his absence. In fact, Morrissey has been the Jets best d-man on many occasions this season. His play has basically been superb.

Sure the Jets roster would benefit from the addition of a single elite player if one was to be garnered in a trade return, but they can also survive without him if Chevy decides to let him sit the year out. The Jets are gaining depth by the year with or without Trouba via some superb drafting and patience. Their burgeoning depth allows Chevy the comfort to wait out his desired return of an individual player of comparable talent, age, and experience versus a package of stuff they already possess.

Wow, that's awesome that the Jets juggernaut is rolling and they've already replaced Trouba so easily from within. But I guess it means that a player who is so easily replaced by a team that isn't even expected by their fans to make the playoffs, really isn't that good and doesn't have much value.

Again, trying to have it both ways. Trouba is worth a kings ransom, but we don't even miss him. Absolutely ridiculous.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Really, everything we say here is unnecessary and irrelevant- unless you think that Chevy is wasting time on HF reading our posts... which, come to think of it, might explain why he's done essentially nothing to improve his team in almost a full calendar year.

I've heard this a lot from Jets fans- that Chevy apparently has a "plan".

Unless said plan was to purposefully:

1) Miss the playoffs four out of five years
2) Improve randomly one of those years by just enough to get swept in the franchise's first and only playoff appearance, and then bottom out by going from 99 points to 78 just as quickly the next season
3) Have his best young defender sit out, with no resolution in sight

Then I'd suggest that maybe his plan isn't exactly working or- and imagine this- maybe he's just not a good GM.

Okay, we'll play your way: Chevy's idea was to build via the draft, and he has intentionally stayed out of the trade market to accrue picks.

What, then, caused him to trade three picks for a prospect that he ended up letting go via free agency as he did in the Eddie Pasquale deal back in 2014? Why, that same year, did he trade a draft choice for Jay Harrison- and then two more in 2015 for Jiri Tlusty? Why has Winnipeg during his tenure drafted in the second round only three times in six drafts? For a GM who is "build(ing) via the draft" he doesn't seem all that interested in, well, holding onto draft picks.

I wonder if we can give the Jets a banner for that?[/QUOTE]

By all means.

Perhaps Chevy should have gone the Oilers route and tanked for a decade to amass the greatest number of top picks in league history. To the loser go the spoils.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
EDM-Hamonic
WIN-Nurse
NYI-Trouba

*Trouba outa Canada
*LHD to WIN (top end potential)
*Hamonic into Western Canada

Kelfbom-Larsson
Sekera-Hamonic

Morrisey-Byfuglien
Nurse-Myers

Leddy-Trouba
Hickey-Boychuk

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
People tell me that I have better track of the players involved on both teams than most, and this is what I think is fair value and really helps both teams. At least if NYR isn't afraid to ice a bit of a weak forward crew.

To Winnipeg
Chris Kreider
JT Miller
Brady Skjei
Dylan McIlrath

To New York Rangers
Jacob Trouba
Nikolaj Ehlers

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
People tell me that I have better track of the players involved on both teams than most, and this is what I think is fair value and really helps both teams. At least if NYR isn't afraid to ice a bit of a weak forward crew.

To Winnipeg
Chris Kreider
JT Miller
Brady Skjei
Dylan McIlrath

To New York Rangers
Jacob Trouba
Nikolaj Ehlers

I doubt the Jets are giving up Ehlers

member 147413

Winnipeg Jets - Toronto Maple Leafs (Yes it's Trouba)

The teams seem like good trading partners, it's just a matter of proper value.

To Toronto:

Trouba
Stuart
3rd rounder (2017)

To Winnipeg:

Gardiner
C.Carrick
Timashov/Bracco/Leipsic
2nd rounder (2017) Tor/Ott/SJ
2nd rounder (2017) Tor/Ott/SJ

Rielly - Trouba
Marincin - Zaitsev
Stuart - Corrado
Hunwick - Polak

Enstrom - Byfuglien
Gardiner - Myers
Chiarot - Carrick
Morrissey - Postma

Apologize for Winnipeg pairings, not familiar with team chemistry.

This trade obviously gives Toronto the best player and some much needed meanness/talent on their backend, whilst not stripping them of their best prospect (Kapanen).This would leave Toronto with no 2nd rounders, but with their deep prospect pool and a 3rd coming from Winny it helps soften that hit. Losing one of those three prospects hurts but something we can afford. Stuart comes in as an overpaid vet pylon and to keep Polak and Hunwick company.

This sucks for Winnipeg, you never want to give up the best player in a deal, given the circumstances it makes trading Trouba more plausible. Gardiner is a young Top 4 LHD, something Winnipeg has been looking for. Carrick keeps their depth on the right side strong and offers potential of becoming a Top 4 dman (currently a 5/6) also very young and on his ELC. The prospect and 2nd round picks are there as sweetener. Gardiner and Carrick keep you competitive now and in the future, while the futures offer potential to make this trade a win for Winny.

How's the value?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

To Winnipeg
Chris Kreider
JT Miller
Brady Skjei
Dylan McIlrath

To New York Rangers
Jacob Trouba
Nikolaj Ehlers

No way is Cheveldayoff trading Ehlers you can pretty much forget about him.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Really, everything we say here is unnecessary and irrelevant- unless you think that Chevy is wasting time on HF reading our posts... which, come to think of it, might explain why he's done essentially nothing to improve his team in almost a full calendar year.

I've heard this a lot from Jets fans- that Chevy apparently has a "plan".

Unless said plan was to purposefully:

1) Miss the playoffs four out of five years
2) Improve randomly one of those years by just enough to get swept in the franchise's first and only playoff appearance, and then bottom out by going from 99 points to 78 just as quickly the next season
3) Have his best young defender sit out, with no resolution in sight

Then I'd suggest that maybe his plan isn't exactly working or- and imagine this- maybe he's just not a good GM.

Okay, we'll play your way: Chevy's idea was to build via the draft, and he has intentionally stayed out of the trade market to accrue picks.

What, then, caused him to trade three picks for a prospect that he ended up letting go via free agency as he did in the Eddie Pasquale deal back in 2014? Why, that same year, did he trade a draft choice for Jay Harrison- and then two more in 2015 for Jiri Tlusty? Why has Winnipeg during his tenure drafted in the second round only three times in six drafts? For a GM who is "build(ing) via the draft" he doesn't seem all that interested in, well, holding onto draft picks.

I wonder if we can give the Jets a banner for that?[/QUOTE]

By all means.

Perhaps Chevy should have gone the Oilers route and tanked for a decade to amass the greatest number of top picks in league history. To the loser go the spoils.

Most of your post was already covered (why are you wasting our time?).
Missing playoffs... sigh this did happen but anything close to league AVERAGE goal tending and we make it both years in the South East division. That would change this perspective greatly.
The Jay Harrison trade was because the Jets had 4 of their top 6 d men go down for significant periods at the same time. He served a purpose in a year when they made the playoffs.
Tlusty gave the Jets the best forward depth (with Stempniak) that the Jets had ever had and they were trying to win in the playoffs.
Jets 2nd round picks - this has been covered multiple times. (but please ignore our extra 1sts)

Jets went very young and knew they would not repeat the success of the previous year. Should they have had more than 78 points sure but waaaayyyy too many penalties, below average goal tending, a terrible PK and abysmal PP hamstrung what was a very good 5 v 5 team.

Last edited:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

To Winnipeg
Chris Kreider
JT Miller
Brady Skjei
Dylan McIlrath

To New York Rangers
Jacob Trouba
Nikolaj Ehlers

If Ehlers is involved, you're giving McDonagh back or you can forget it.

A huge no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad