Proposal: Trouba Mega thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
You really think its out of sight out of mind? What is every media person asking current jets players after a loss? Imagine every question starts to be about this player who is holding out. What is the elephant in the room? for every player. Players arent just going to forget and ignore a (soon to be) former teammate is having one of longest holdouts for a RFA in years

Everytime they turn on sports (or have it on in locker room). The discussion about Jets immediately goes to Trouba. Every time they pick up a news paper its Trouba

I would think Jets fans would be all over trading Trouba and getting a fresh start right now. Getting that dark cloud removed asap, even if return isnt this dynamite grade A package. If NYR was offering Kreider or Buchnevich +. Wouldnt the Jets rather have an asset thats going to come in and produce while also removing the distraction

I can speak for Oilers but removing Yak who was causing distractions due to requesting trades (not on him, but still caused distractions) bretahed new life into Oilers. For Leafs I think theyll tell you removing Kessel and Phanuef removed those distractions and even if trade was a small loss put them in better position

FWIW

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/jets-not-focused-on-jacob-trouba-1.3824484

There are 23 guys in the room who want to play NHL hockey so I doubt they are worried about the guy who does not want to play.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
You really think its out of sight out of mind? What is every media person asking current jets players after a loss? Imagine every question starts to be about this player who is holding out. What is the elephant in the room? for every player. Players arent just going to forget and ignore a (soon to be) former teammate is having one of longest holdouts for a RFA in years

Everytime they turn on sports (or have it on in locker room). The discussion about Jets immediately goes to Trouba. Every time they pick up a news paper its Trouba

These are not kids....they are pros who have to block out all sorts of personal issues to perform at peak levels....having 1 player hold out is not going to cause them to become so mentally drained that their performance suffers. Do the Jets miss Trouba in the lineup? Yes! Are Jets players being affected mentally because he is not there and they get asked questions or hear about it on the radio? Not a chance ;)

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace

You must be watching a different feed from the locker rooms than the one I am seeing. In reality, the Jets strongly control the message from the room by having their communications guy Scott Brown monitoring the huddles. There was one story on CBC online this past week that featured controlled questions to Scheifele and Wheeler, and Maurice gets asked about it once per week and that is about it. Maurice's latest answer was that they have plenty of d-men in the organization and that the only loss they really notice is Bryan Little at present. He spent all of 10 seconds on the topic.

Hey, believe what you wish. It runs counter to reality, but party on.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Thats some prime hockey talk there. Nobody says what they mean, every says the political stuff. That is probably 1 of the 100 times theyve beenb asked about Trouba

Werent Jets players speaking pretty highly of Kane to media when that whole debacle is going down

I wonder if a day will ever come where NHL players speak the truth in interviews. Not just a pre packaged speeched

Regardless- I am not in Jets dressing room, so I do not want to come off like I know what is happening. I was simply suggesting the Jets could trade him earlier if they feel his hold out is causing issues. Jets GM will determine that

The last thing to consider is the strong possibly this causes such as rift between players/gm/team and Trouba that he never returns to Jets. I do not know the perception in Winny but I dont feel Trouba will ever wear a Jets jersey again. So either they can trade him now and get a good asset to move on with. Or can continue the hold out and hold off for a better piece (not guaranteed theyll get it) and delay getting that asset. I think some teams know Trouba is going to be traded so theyll wait patiently for it too happen. I dont see it as a situation where GM dangles a player to rest of league for a trade but pulls him back in when he doesnt like offer. Chevy doesnt really have that chance as long as Trouba is signed

All in all its a pretty terrible position for Jets and they didnt deserve this. Atleast Trouba could have warned them way eariler and they could have looked for a trade when he was still playing

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Thats some prime hockey talk there. Nobody says what they mean, every says the political stuff. That is probably 1 of the 100 times theyve beenb asked about Trouba

Werent Jets players speaking pretty highly of Kane to media when that whole debacle is going down

I wonder if a day will ever come where NHL players speak the truth in interviews. Not just a pre packaged speeched

Regardless- I am not in Jets dressing room, so I do not want to come off like I know what is happening. I was simply suggesting the Jets could trade him earlier if they feel his hold out is causing issues. Jets GM will determine that

The last thing to consider is the strong possibly this causes such as rift between players/gm/team and Trouba that he never returns to Jets. I do not know the perception in Winny but I dont feel Trouba will ever wear a Jets jersey again. So either they can trade him now and get a good asset to move on with. Or can continue the hold out and hold off for a better piece (not guaranteed theyll get it) and delay getting that asset. I think some teams know Trouba is going to be traded so theyll wait patiently for it too happen. I dont see it as a situation where GM dangles a player to rest of league for a trade but pulls him back in when he doesnt like offer. Chevy doesnt really have that chance as long as Trouba is signed

All in all its a pretty terrible position for Jets and they didnt deserve this. Atleast Trouba could have warned them way eariler and they could have looked for a trade when he was still playing

That is the story I mentioned where they allowed the topic that one time. Otherwise it is off limits in their room. Keep trying though, this is amusing to watch.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010

Why would they care? If he does not want to be here so be it. I was surprised that there was an article from the CBC about it since the information is hard to find these days. I doubt they are spending their time worrying about a guy who does not want to be on the team. keep on trying tho it is amusing

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
That is the story I mentioned where they allowed the topic that one time. Otherwise it is off limits in their room. Keep trying though, this is amusing to watch.

Having a discussion? Okay.

I guess all is fine in Winnipeg. CBC report said so

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Really, sounding more like trying to stir the pot

How? I said I am not in the Jets room. I do not know how the attitude is. I am saying if there is a tension in the room than Cheveldayoff could move to trade Trouba to eliminate any issues stemming from the hold out

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
So funny seeing people get mad at him when if it's true he's like 95% of other NHLers.

If you're well off, life is better in America.

Even Canadian kids don't come back to Canada once they hit UFA status. If it's true then good on him for being honest. Its refreshing coming from a league of clones.

Yeesh. I guess it kind of depends on the kind of life you want to live. There's a reason, for instance, Byfuglien signed long term in Winnipeg, or that Hall was right pissed about being moved from Edmonton. Gaudreau in Calgary? While jetskiing Floridian coasts in January is great for some, the "American way of life" isn't what everybody seeks. Sorry to break the news to you. Lol

That said, there are legitimate reasons some players want to play for American teams, and better weather and less spotlight are two of them. Fair enough. But let's also be real here: sometimes the reason American kids want so badly to play for American cities is on account of the insulation that comes with being American - Canadians learn plenty about and are exposed to American themes all the time growing up, while American kids, having grown up in such an insular culture, truly believe that something magical happens once the border between the two countries is crossed, that makes anything north of the 49th or of the Great Lakes snow-covered 12 months of the year, travelled by dog sleds, and economically driven by the trade of beaver pelts. And before you try to defend your brethren, stop. I experience it ALL THE TIME. So there's generally a bias that lies in wait for these US kids, that anywhere but America is not the place to play. Absolutely there are exceptions to the rule.

And ultimately, when you have a right to make this call, act on it. That's what UFA status is all about. But don't be bringing this whining, entitled attitude to the forefront here and try to force the hand of management prior to having paid the dues you owe the league.

Last edited:

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Is that supposed to be an insult or something?

Also what are the differences between hockey and football? Please list them all for me.

cfl averaging about 25 thousand people a game at 9x20dollars a ticket. also 40mill Canadian a year in tv money. devided by 9

nhl 18 thousand a game at 41x150 dollars a ticket. also 520 million u.s dollars a year in tv rights. plus regional tv rights. devided by 7.

bottom line the 7 teams in Canada produce more money for the nhl than the 23 American teams.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Maybe Trouba or his agent did tell Chevy a long time ago that he wants out. Chevy is misplacing his hand.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
no

Let him sit/rot for the next 5 years.

If he needs to control where he plays, there's the KHL.

5 years lol?? it's not going to go that far. I highly doubt it lasts thru november at worst case scenario he could very well miss a full year but that is all. Trouba and overhardt are playing a high stakes game of chicken with chevy. after 6-7 months went by with no trade they made it a public spectacle. they know the expansion draft is next year. That leaves in a worse case scenario, all year to deal him. That's in the public domain now so things get messy and that was done by design to hurry chevy up a little. Trouba not signing was smart on his end. He knows very well that if he is not dealt by december 1st he loses the year. I believe overhardt and his father have prepared him for this. So stop bringing up money. It is an event they were prepared for. That gives chevy all year,the trade deadline, and the draft next year to give the jets assets. There is no way and i repeat no way they protect him in expansion and lose themselves an asset like armia or dano or Lowry to protect a player who will never play for you.. If chevy can't make a deal during a full year especially around the trade deadline or NHL draft he should be fired. There is no magical deal that is going to come up 2 years done the road. He should know by now even what teams are willing to part with.. If he does protect trouba and the jets lose another young asset because of it, it is a terrible job of management. They will get a d-man exempt from expansion and probably a young forward or mid first RD pick. NO team id going to gut their LD position to accomodate the jets and chevy's need.. My prediction is the longer this goes on and the closer it gets to expansion, the worse the return will be for the jets because then the collar will be getting tighter around chevy's neck as he decides which good young forward he will lose by protecting a player who will never wear a jets sweater again. those are just the facts as we all see them. Luckily for the jets, a year is along time, and currently there is no pressure for chevy at the moment. but those of you who think this will drag on for years are sorely mistaken. That would hurt the jets more then hurting trouba.

Last edited:

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
It doesn’t change anything IMO. The Jets will need to protect him either way, which means they will have to go 4 and 4 instead of 6 and 3 but the Jets don’t NEED to protect more than 4 forwards. I like them but loosing Lowry, Armia or Dano isn’t the end of the world.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I was afraid it got lost in the petty bickering. Cheers!

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
cfl averaging about 25 thousand people a game at 9x20dollars a ticket. also 40mill Canadian a year in tv money. devided by 9

nhl 18 thousand a game at 41x150 dollars a ticket. also 520 million u.s dollars a year in tv rights. plus regional tv rights. devided by 7.

bottom line the 7 teams in Canada produce more money for the nhl than the 23 American teams.

But what about the NFL?

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
5 years lol?? it's not going to go that far. I highly doubt it lasts thru november at worst case scenario he could very well miss a full year but that is all. Trouba and overhardt are playing a high stakes game of chicken with chevy. after 6-7 months went by with no trade they made it a public spectacle. they know the expansion draft is next year. That leaves in a worse case scenario, all year to deal him. That's in the public domain now so things get messy and that was done by design to hurry chevy up a little. Trouba not signing was smart on his end. He knows very well that if he is not dealt by december 1st he loses the year. I believe overhardt and his father have prepared him for this. So stop bringing up money. It is an event they were prepared for. That gives chevy all year,the trade deadline, and the draft next year to give the jets assets. There is no way and i repeat no way they protect him in expansion and lose themselves an asset like armia or dano or Lowry to protect a player who will never play for you.. If chevy can't make a deal during a full year especially around the trade deadline or NHL draft he should be fired. There is no magical deal that is going to come up 2 years done the road. He should know by now even what teams are willing to part with.. If he does protect trouba and the jets lose another young asset because of it, it is a terrible job of management. They will get a d-man exempt from expansion and probably a young forward or mid first RD pick. NO team id going to gut their LD position to accomodate the jets and chevy's need.. My prediction is the longer this goes on and the closer it gets to expansion, the worse the return will be for the jets because then the collar will be getting tighter around chevy's neck as he decides which good young forward he will lose by protecting a player who will never wear a jets sweater again. those are just the facts as we all see them. Luckily for the jets, a year is along time, and currently there is no pressure for chevy at the moment. but those of you who think this will drag on for years are sorely mistaken. That would hurt the jets more then hurting trouba.

You obviously know nothing of how active in hockey operations management the managing owner of the Jets is. When push comes to shove Chevy is more like #3 in the pecking order on the hockey side.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013

I would think Jets fans would be all over trading Trouba and getting a fresh start right now. Getting that dark cloud removed asap, even if return isnt this dynamite grade A package. If NYR was offering Kreider or Buchnevich +. Wouldnt the Jets rather have an asset thats going to come in and produce while also removing the distraction

I can speak for Oilers but removing Yak who was causing distractions due to requesting trades (not on him, but still caused distractions) bretahed new life into Oilers. For Leafs I think theyll tell you removing Kessel and Phanuef removed those distractions and even if trade was a small loss put them in better position

No, it does not.

I listen to, or read all local sportsmedia sources. There may be a 30 second blurb on a major source, but Trouba news is not at a distracting level. There really is usually nothing.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I seriously dont see NYR letting Trouba go somewhere else without trying to give up alot of pieces for Trouba. Our defense is so bad its just laughable

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
So now this has thread has turned into a my country is better then yours? I guess mods must be asleep :D

So back on topic.... Man that Jacob Trouba app his dad created is great... He doesn't even need to play hockey anymore the millions are already rolling in! Hahahahah

YWGYankee

Oct 29, 2016
Not to stay on politics too long, but still. I'm a dual citizen of the US/Canada, and choose to live in Canada. Lots of things right about both places, and there are lots of other good places in the world too. Ubi bene, ibi patria, as Cicero wrote!

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Trouba will end up in NY and we will send Miller, Skjei and a pick back.

Priority #1 - Get a similar top pairing young LHD.

Will Chevy move off his LHD demand close to the Dec 1st cut off, with expansion looming? Maybe, then it becomes:

Priority #2 - BPA available (aka a young dynamic forward top line ability)

No interest in picks or quantity over quality. Your offer contains none of priority 1 or 2, it's just quantity. Yes you include a mid range younger forward (middle six) and a bottom 4 LHD prospect.....hardly a overwhelmingly good offer that Chevy can't pass up. I highly suspect even if Chevy went with priority 2, he would find a much better quality type of offer out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad