Proposal: Trouba Mega-Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Again, as mentioned in the last thread, many here are stating with a surprising certainty that, if traded, Trouba will only command a downgrade; that theory assumes the player exists within a vacuum of no other additional possibilities. It excludes for example that the Jets have 10 first round picks in their organization that are age-23 or younger right now - some that can be used as additional currency to acquire an upgrade in the spot for example. I wouldn't bet against the possibility that Chevy throws in an unexpected add or two and that in the end a Trouba trade will look nothing like many here apparently expect.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Again, as mentioned in the last thread, many here are stating with a surprising certainty that, if traded, Trouba will only command a downgrade; that theory assumes the player exists within a vacuum of no other additional possibilities. It excludes for example that the Jets have 10 first round picks in their organization that are age-23 or younger right now - some that can be used as additional currency to acquire an upgrade in the spot for example. I wouldn't bet against the possibility that Chevy throws in an unexpected add or two and that in the end a Trouba trade will look nothing like many here apparently expect.

example: Everyone knew Kane wanted out, nobody thought Bogosian was going with.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
I personally don't see Cam Fowler as adequate return for Trouba.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015

I can definitely see it playing out that way. They've got an insane amount of assets to play with to make this work in their favour. The only thing I don't see playing out is the current asking price straight up for Trouba. I feel like if they want that asking price they'll need to sweeten the pot. Otherwise they'll have to settle for a slight downgrade or package deal. But given the assets they have, no reason to believe they can't make it a quantity for quality deal in the other direction.

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary

There was a good Trouba+Petan/Connor for XXXX LHD bandwagon going for an hour or two yesterday IIRC. The trends in this thread are always changing.

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
Lou isn't retaining 50% on JVRs contract it's already pretty reasonable. And Fowler alone isn't enough for Trouba. Most jets fans have already said that they really have no interest in moving Trouba for Fowler. If Toronto wants Trouba then more then likely you're looking at Gardiner+ for him.

If Toronto wants Fowler (not saying they do) they'd have to retain on JVR's contract otherwise Anaheim wouldn't do it (they need to lose cap).

Nov 24, 2006

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
I am sure my mentality will change as I calm down but nothing would make me happier than seeing this play out.

Uhmmm how about Trouba coming back and putting up 40 next to Buff, while Morrissey puts up 40 next to Myers, and Stuart is sent off into a blackhole :D:D:D

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Unless Trouba signs a deal of some sort this scenario is not going to happen and Trouba does not look in an obliging mood right now

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Can't post a link from my phone, but the Score (via Dreger) is saying Detroit made an offer in the summer but Holland backed away because the price was to high (2 of there top forward prospects).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad