Status
Not open for further replies.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Haha holy crap Craig is fired up.

Never heard him that triggered before.

Loved how he was talking about the Lou calling Chevy and Chevy saying "You want to talk about Trouba? Well we'll better start talking about Morgan Rieley then! Because thats what its gonna take to get him!............ that or Auston Matthews".

Well no **** Craig lol.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Lou isn't retaining 50% on JVRs contract it's already pretty reasonable. And Fowler alone isn't enough for Trouba. Most jets fans have already said that they really have no interest in moving Trouba for Fowler. If Toronto wants Trouba then more then likely you're looking at Gardiner+ for him.

JVR @ 2.125 would have massive value to a contender who is tight to the cap. Lou would consider it if the return was right but I agree with you on the Jets not liking Fowler as the return

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

Loved how he was talking about the Lou calling Chevy and Chevy saying "You want to talk about Trouba? Well we'll better start talking about Morgan Rieley then! Because thats what its gonna take to get him!............ that or Auston Matthews".

Well no **** Craig lol.

That would be the fastest conversation in NHL history.
" We want Morg.....Hello?"
*dialtone*

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Lol did the guy in the tsn link just say the canes would have to add to hanifin to get trouba. I don't think i'd trade hanaiin for rielly, risto, lindholm etc. He's going to be amazing like the rest of the 15 draft class. He's nearly as good as trouba right now. It's fair for the the jets to want a lot, but they aren't getting dmen better than trouba back. Forget rielly, risto, lindholm. They can hold out and show trouba that they don't give a damn, but it will really depend on how good myers is after surgery and morrisey is as a rookie. If theese two step up and play at a high level than they can wait trouba out and see where things go.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Lol did the guy in the tsn link just say the canes would have to add to hanifin to get trouba. I don't think i'd trade hanaiin for rielly, risto, lindholm etc. He's going to be amazing like the rest of the 15 draft class. He's nearly as good as trouba right now. It's fair for the the jets to want a lot, but they aren't getting dmen better than trouba back. Forget rielly, risto, lindholm. They can hold out and show trouba that they don't give a damn, but it will really depend on how good myers is after surgery and morrisey is as a rookie. If theese two step up and play at a high level than they can wait trouba out and see where things go.

Didn't get that either. I don't know how Hanafin will turn out - not proven long term yet - but so far looking to be a complete elite and he's like 19. Odds are in favor of him being >>>> Trouba. Can't see Hurricanes even entertaining the notion.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
With regards to that interview I believe the boys were going out of their way mentioning players that obviously nobody would trade(at least not straight up) for Trouba to drive home the point he won't be given away.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Trouba won't be moved unless either of the below happen

1) top 4 youngish LHD come back
2) Severe overpayment

1 is more likely than 2 (depending on how much WPG are okay with downgrading)

People that think Winnipeg is caught over a bridge are wrong. Trouba doesn't have any leverage. Trouba sitting out hurts him more than it hurts Winnipeg. It makes Trouba a UFA one year later, he loses out on a year of NHL salary and loses a year of NHL development as a young high potential player. The only negative WPG gets is that their bottom 3 defence will look really (really) bad for a year, but is that so important? WPG aren't contenders yet.

A real kick in Trouba's ass would WPG signing Kris Russell to fill that #2LD spot...

We've seen this with Drouin and we're going to see it again. GMs won't let young players do what they want.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Didn't get that either. I don't know how Hanafin will turn out - not proven long term yet - but so far looking to be a complete elite and he's like 19. Odds are in favor of him being >>>> Trouba. Can't see Hurricanes even entertaining the notion.
Hanifin, Lilijgren, Ekblad will be the three best dmen drafted from 12-17 imo. With guys like risto, rielly, lindholm, werenski, jones, parayako, ghost, provo, trouba, murray, theodore, etc all coming behind these three.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Trouba won't be moved unless either of the below happen

1) top 4 youngish LHD come back
2) Severe overpayment

1 is more likely than 2 (depending on how much WPG are okay with downgrading)

People that think Winnipeg is caught over a bridge are wrong. Trouba doesn't have any leverage. Trouba sitting out hurts him more than it hurts Winnipeg. It makes Trouba a UFA one year later, he loses out on a year of NHL salary and loses a year of NHL development as a young high potential player. The only negative WPG gets is that their bottom 3 defence will look really (really) bad for a year, but is that so important? WPG aren't contenders yet.

A real kick in Trouba's ass would WPG signing Kris Russell to fill that #2LD spot...

We've seen this with Drouin and we're going to see it again. GMs won't let young players do what they want.

Actually that would be a kick in the Jets and all Jets fans' *****.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
So if Winnipeg will only trade for an equal LHD, I guess that means Trouba's career is over...

What a way to waste your talent, and what a way to waste an asset.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Well no **** Craig lol.

Lol...Rielly? Mathews? Well that seems.reasona.....GTFO...BWAAHAHA.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
The idea that GMRF would offer Hanifin, still on his ELC and expansion draft ineligible, PLUS another asset for an unsigned malcontent dman that would cost his club over $6m a year is 100% bonkers.

Ducksgo*

Lol...Rielly? Mathews? Well that seems.reasona.....GTFO...BWAAHAHA.

I really wonder who's gonna take his phone calls at this point. Keep em jets, use your protection on em come expansion. That's what I would tell Chevy because no ones giving your asking price bud

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
The idea that GMRF would offer Hanifin, still on his ELC and expansion draft ineligible, PLUS another asset for an unsigned malcontent dman that would cost his club over $6m a year is 100% bonkers.

I think that may have been a bit of over exuberence. Chevy would almost certainly have to add something significant to get Hanifin.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
The problem with Button's argument is that, in the meantime, the Jets have to replace Trouba on the ice while he sits out. That hurts them. At some point, the Jets may have to lower their demands in order to get someone that can help the team now.

With or without Trouba, the Jets are not in a position to make playoffs this season unless(like the last time they made it) they have a goalie stand on his head for much of the season. So the incentive to lower value being helping the team not lose right now is probably(I say probably because I'm not privy to internal knowledge) non existent.

I really wonder who's gonna take his phone calls at this point. Keep em jets, use your protection on em come expansion. That's what I would tell Chevy because no ones giving your asking price bud

His point was not that Chevy expects Rielly in return, his point is that on the Leafs(or equivalently the Ducks) there is no player they(the Leafs/Ducks) would reasonably accept 1 for 1, because Chevy expects an equal deal and has no reason not to pursue one.

The takeaway message from that point is not that Chevy is asking too much, it's that the Leafs and Ducks don't make good trade partners for Trouba.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Like about the 100th time Trouba for Fowler has been suggested & its not even close on a 1 for 1

Eh? Probably still the closes available in the league. 2 years left to UFA on Fowler is a problem.

(and I am a fan for neither team.)

Oct 18, 2011
it's funny how people think chevy has so much leverage, another bad season and he could be out of a job so if he mishandles this trouba thing and just let's him sit out, that is a waste of an asset

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
The problem with Button's argument is that, in the meantime, the Jets have to replace Trouba on the ice while he sits out. That hurts them. At some point, the Jets may have to lower their demands in order to get someone that can help the team now.

Why? All the playoff teams except the last wildcard are decided in before christmas. WPG has ample time to see whether they are in good shape, wildcard or massively out before dec 1.

zsam

Mar 26, 2016
Winnipeg
Most fans will understand if Trouba sits this yr and will be happy to sign him to a team friendly deal next yr or he can sit another yr and we can put overheart out of business players knowing what he cost Trouba.

If he does not sign this yr we still have him for 4 yrs and he has 1 less prime yr to make the bigger money in ufa

I don't think Trouba will sit a year without playing hockey. Novosibirsk is looking for a young American RHD :laugh:

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
More specifically:

5 points out of playoffs by Thanksgiving = your team is done for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad