Proposal: Trouba Mega-Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Completely agree with Bruindust's post from part 2 of this thread (can't reply to it since it's closed). For some reason people make the jump from Winnipeg having to move off their asking price to "settling for peanuts". Just because it's extremely unlikely they get a comparable d-man in return doesn't mean they can't get value for him. It just might mean a quantity for quality deal despite how much posters on here insist that's not happening. Reality is most trades in this situation turn out that way; it's rarely straight up quality for quality. A slightly lesser d-man plus another asset is much more likely than a d-man of Trouba's caliber coming back. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Completely agree with Bruindust's post from part 2 of this thread (can't reply to it since it's closed). For some reason people make the jump from Winnipeg having to move off their asking price to "settling for peanuts". Just because it's extremely unlikely they get a comparable d-man in return doesn't mean they can't get value for him. It just might mean a quantity for quality deal despite how much posters on here insist that's not happening. Reality is most trades in this situation turn out that way; it's rarely straight up quality for quality. A slightly lesser d-man plus another asset is much more likely than a d-man of Trouba's caliber coming back. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Slightly older (mid 20s) 2nd pair LD with a + is my prediction as far as return goes for Trouba

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
A slightly lesser d-man plus another asset is much more likely than a d-man of Trouba's caliber coming back. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with that, no, but there are a lot of quantity for quality proposals that don't even include a d-man. Those are the ones that are being criticized.

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary
Let Trouba rot at home and watch Morrissey put up 40 points playing with Buff. Hopefully.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Slightly older (mid 20s) 2nd pair LD with a + is my prediction as far as return goes for Trouba

Which is a pretty realistic prediction as far as I'm concerned. Much more likely than the asking price IMO. Cheveldayoff may be patient, but I'm sure he's also realistic and will realize the position he's in. The Kane deal was a great return,
but you had countless posters claiming they'd never accept quantity for quality before that went down as well. That's just how these things normally pan out.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Nothing wrong with that, no, but there are a lot of quantity for quality proposals that don't even include a d-man. Those are the ones that are being criticized.

Agreed there are a lot of garbage ones out there. They're obviously not giving him away for most of the junk proposed on here. My point was really just in response to the posters that think they'll let Trouba sit all year before they move off that asking price. That's extremely unlikely.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dumoulin+2nd for trouba

Is the cap magically disappearing now?

I don't really understand why the Coyotes are interested in Trouba to be honest. Their RD right now is really solid with Murphy, Stone and Michalek as their top-3 RD. Unless they were doing one of those 3+ for Trouba, I don't understand what they'd offer for him. I still think Gardiner+ for Trouba makes a good amount of sense, but that's one of the few that I think work out really well for both teams.

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
Ana/wpg/tor

To Toronto: Jacob Trouba
To Anaheim: James van Riemsdyk (50% retained)
To Winnipeg: Cam Fowler

Maybe add a small piece to Winnipeg.

Thoughts?

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
Who else is Pittsburgh going to move, To afford to give Trouba big money. Unless Maatta is going the other way doubt that Cheveldayoff would do this.
Crosby

I don't really understand why the Coyotes are interested in Trouba to be honest. Their RD right now is really solid with Murphy, Stone and Michalek as their top-3 RD. Unless they were doing one of those 3+ for Trouba, I don't understand what they'd offer for him. I still think Gardiner+ for Trouba makes a good amount of sense, but that's one of the few that I think work out really well for both teams.

FWIW, If you listen to the podcast, they are not interested

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Yup i have a feeling that's exactly what Kevin Cheveldayoff will do, Unless he gets what he wants Trouba wont be traded and he will rot at home. Just have a bad feeling that Overhardt has put him in a bad predicament here.

Most fans will understand if Trouba sits this yr and will be happy to sign him to a team friendly deal next yr or he can sit another yr and we can put overheart out of business players knowing what he cost Trouba.

If he does not sign this yr we still have him for 4 yrs and he has 1 less prime yr to make the bigger money in ufa

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Thoughts?

Fowler plus a high end LHD prospect that is expansion exempt for Trouba? Ok

Straight up 1 for 1? No thx

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010

Michalek is 33 and declining, neither of the other two have Trouba's potential.

Stone is solid and produced offensively, but is that what you should expect from him moving forward? He's also 26(doesn't fit their window great if he's still going to take time to grow at that age) and is coming off a pretty significant knee injury.

Murphy ideally fits as a bottom-4 defensemen IMO.

Also... Arizona's prospect pool on defense isn't great outside of Chychrun, Deangelo.

EDIT: In other words.... They have a roster that begs for a top pairing potential linemate for OEL and a system that doesn't have one.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Thoughts?

Lou isn't retaining 50% on JVRs contract it's already pretty reasonable. And Fowler alone isn't enough for Trouba. Most jets fans have already said that they really have no interest in moving Trouba for Fowler. If Toronto wants Trouba then more then likely you're looking at Gardiner+ for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad