Value of: Trouba likely to ask for the moon on a new deal

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I think he gets more then that, Especially too stay in Winnipeg i can't see him signing for any thing less then 8 years $60 million at least in Winnipeg if not more. I think teams will be lining up to give him at least 7 years $49 million. But then again Shattenkirk took less too play for his hometown Rangers so we shall see.

I'd offer him that contract today if I was the Jets.

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
A lot of the other contracts I see are players getting the first contract out of ELC and in the 5-7 year range.

How much is it going to cost the Jets that this next contact is going to taking up 2 more UFA years, and also if they do it max term....

I'm trying to ask is how much are those 2 UFA years worth in contract?

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I think he gets more then that, Especially too stay in Winnipeg i can't see him signing for any thing less then 8 years $60 million at least in Winnipeg if not more. I think teams will be lining up to give him at least 7 years $49 million. But then again Shattenkirk took less too play for his hometown Rangers so we shall see.

So at the end of this contract he is still an RFA.

Assuming he does get a edir: 5x8mil type deal, the offer sheet value of that contract would be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder (assuming compensation growth same as last year)

I wonder if they dont see him as someone they can sign/ he may ask for more than they see him being worth if a trade is possible?

Vegas is looking for players, I wonder if some combination of their four 2nd round picks in 2019/2020 + Nate Schmidt/Colin Miller would make sense. (Part of this is predicated on Myers returning to good health)

Edmonton has the assets, not sure Wpg wants to deal with Edm (sometimes best deals are nixed to close 'rivals') but a combination including Puljujarvi may be too enticing for Wpg wanting to reunite one of the most dominant Junior duos of Puj and Laine. a 1-2 down the RHD side of Larson-Trouba would be amazing.

No discussion around a RHD is complete without a Leafs offer (one day we will get one!) Main issue here is Leafs strength and Winnipeg's strength is the same right now, the wings.

Last edited:

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB

Assuming he does get a 7x7 type deal, the offer sheet value of that contract would be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder (as of today compensation system)

I wonder if they dont see him as someone they can sign/ he may ask for more than they see him being worth if a trade is possible?

Vegas is looking for players, I wonder if some combination of their four 2nd round picks in 2019/2020 + Nate Schmidt/Colin Miller would make sense. (Part of this is predicated on Myers returning to good health)

Edmonton has the assets, not sure Wpg wants to deal with Edm (sometimes best deals are nixed to close 'rivals') but a combination including Puljujarvi may be too enticing for Wpg wanting to reunite one of the most dominant Junior duos of Puj and Laine. a 1-2 down the RHD side of Larson-Trouba would be amazing.

No discussion around a RHD is complete without a Leafs offer (one day we will get one!) Main issue here is Leafs strength and Winnipeg's strength is the same right now, the wings.

That is incorrect as the maximum amount of years used in the calculation is 5.

While you are thinking 7X7 = 49 = 49/7 = 7 AAV
The actual math that goes into it 7X7 = 49 = 49/5 = 9.8 AAV

An offer of 7X7 would net the Jets 4 first round picks.

https://www.silversevensens.com/2015/6/25/8773751/nhl-offer-sheet-explained-rules-guide

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010

https://www.silversevensens.com/2015/6/25/8773751/nhl-offer-sheet-explained-rules-guide

Thank you for reducing my argument down to one point. (Jokes)

Assuming the compensation moves up by the same % (4.5% increase from 2016 to 2017) the range extends to $8.2 million for the 1+2+3 territory.

I will edit my post to a 5x 8 deal to be safe!

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Thank you for reducing my argument down to one point. (Jokes)

Assuming the compensation moves up by the same % (4.5% increase from 2016 to 2017) the range extends to $8.2 million for the 1+2+3 territory.

I will edit my post to a 5x 8 deal to be safe!
The Jets would match this is a heartbeat

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Assuming he does get a edir: 5x8mil type deal, the offer sheet value of that contract would be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder (assuming compensation growth same as last year)

I would be totally surprised if Trouba signed an offer sheet, If he does want out of Winnipeg and if the rumors are true that he doesn't want to play in Canada i can't see him signing one. Only too have Winnipeg match it and be stuck there for the next 7 years or so. i think any thing up to possibly $8 million Winnipeg more or less matches and Trouba might be stuck in a situation that he doesn't want too be in. I might be wrong. But i think if Trouba really wanted to be in Winnipeg right now he would take a long term deal instead of taking the Jets to salary arbitration next summer.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015

2017 number for 4 firsts is 9.81 million, so 7x7 is 2 firsts a second and a third. The Jets match and walk away laughing if he signs that offer sheet IMO.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Duchene (50% retained) + EJ for Trouba and 2018 2nd.

WPG gets a replacement for Trouba (the difference in EJ and Trouba is near minimal right now. Obviously benefits Colorado much more going forward) but gets a stud top line forward in Matt Duchene to help WPG right now. Duchene can play 2C giving WPG arguably the best 1-2-3 centre group in the NHL or he slot into a wing position.

Colorado gets their 1D for the future.

Win for WPG right now. Win for COL in the future.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas

WPG gets a replacement for Trouba (the difference in EJ and Trouba is near minimal right now. Obviously benefits Colorado much more going forward) but gets a stud top line forward in Matt Duchene to help WPG right now. Duchene can play 2C giving WPG arguably the best 1-2-3 centre group in the NHL or he slot into a wing position.

Absolutely terrible for Winnipeg. Duchene cannot fetch Trouba. We can't take the downgrade at defense just to add a center that would be a luxury not a need. The Avs would no give up what they would have to in order to get Trouba.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

I'm sure you would like that trade, the Jets would not of course. Easy pass from Jets

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Absolutely terrible for Winnipeg. Duchene cannot fetch Trouba. We can't take the downgrade at defense just to add a center that would be a luxury not a need. The Avs would no give up what they would have to in order to get Trouba.

You say "Duchene would not fetch Trouba) but fail to even mention the other piece who goes back who is more valuable than Duchene.

You can say you don't like a proposal, but to say it's "absolutely terrible" for Winnipeg is straight up false. Erik Johnson and Matt Duchene at a combined 9M(AAV) for Trouba(if he refuses to re-sign) and a pick is not absolutely terrible.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
I would be totally surprised if Trouba signed an offer sheet, If he does want out of Winnipeg and if the rumors are true that he doesn't want to play in Canada i can't see him signing one. Only too have Winnipeg match it and be stuck there for the next 7 years or so. i think any thing up to possibly $8 million Winnipeg more or less matches and Trouba might be stuck in a situation that he doesn't want too be in. I might be wrong. But i think if Trouba really wanted to be in Winnipeg right now he would take a long term deal instead of taking the Jets to salary arbitration next summer.

I'll go even further and say I'll be surprised if there's an offersheet presented for Trouba to sign. This upcoming potential scenario is pretty much why offersheets are so rarely successful.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I'll go even further and say I'll be surprised if there's an offersheet presented for Trouba to sign. This upcoming potential scenario is pretty much why offersheets are so rarely successful.

If Trouba wants out, no offer sheets will be sent his way. He wouldn't sign anything that the Jets would match, so any team would not only be overpaying, but also paying the maximum compensation by default.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
You say "Duchene would not fetch Trouba) but fail to even mention the other piece who goes back who is more valuable than Duchene.

You can say you don't like a proposal, but to say it's "absolutely terrible" for Winnipeg is straight up false. Erik Johnson and Matt Duchene at a combined 9M(AAV) for Trouba(if he refuses to re-sign) and a pick is not absolutely terrible.

No. It absolutely is terrible for the Jets. Johnson is 29 years old and has never been and never will be as good as Trouba who is only 23. The Avs simply don't have anyone that they would be willing to trade that the Jets would consider for Trouba.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Homer armies out in full force for both Klefbom and Trouba. Anyone arguing that their is a significant talent difference between the two obviously doesn't watch the other play outside the few games they play against each other.

Detroit fans thinking they are a destination is pretty funny. It's not 2008 anymore. Detroit as a city is right up there with Winnipeg. The Wings as a team are in for at least another 5 losing seasons if things go well. Besides Sheahan is in line for a 7 year contract next year.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Why ? This is a rare situation. No team in the league can tie up 20 million on 3 right hand D. Not to mention the fact that Trouba really doesn't want to play in Winnipeg.
It would be like Reilly playing with Lindholm and Fowler on the bottom pair and requesting to play in Canada.
Also Puljujarvi has been as highly touted as Aho and Laine at every level just because Edmonton had a ton of veteran wingers doesn't mean Puljujarvi isn't equally as good as both. Its a fair trade proposal given the circumstances.

So many veteran wingers that they had to play Draisaitl @ wing rather than being the #2C?

& there's a big difference between the hype a player gets & what he accomplishes. As of now Puljujarvi isn't in the same stratosphere as Laine.

iggy

Aug 2, 2005
To Jets---de Hann, Pulock, and 2018 1st

To Islanders---Trouba

Jets get a top 4 Dman in deHann who is really turning into a very solid player.
Pulock is a young stud Dman that can run a PP with help from his 100 MPH shot
and a 1st

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
To Jets---de Hann, Pulock, and 2018 1st

To Islanders---Trouba

Jets get a top 4 Dman in deHann who is really turning into a very solid player.
Pulock is a young stud Dman that can run a PP with help from his 100 MPH shot
and a 1st

Not close. Easy pass.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
So many veteran wingers that they had to play Draisaitl @ wing rather than being the #2C?

they didn't *have to* ! Leon was the only RW that had chemistry with McDavid. that was the reason why he played there because the almighty Jordan Eberle stunk when he played alongside McD and clearly Puljujarvi wasn't ready for NHL play yet, similar to Leon a couple of year previous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad