Value of: Trouba likely to ask for the moon on a new deal

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
..according to James O'Brien from NBC

The Winnipeg Jets faced some serious contract impasses with Jacob Trouba and his agent Kurt Overhardt, yet eventually they enjoyed an eye-popping bargain. With the risk of sitting out a season hanging over his head, the RFA leverage was too much for Trouba, who signed for two years and $5 million.

When it comes to tough negotiations, we've seen some examples of short bridge deals that end up costly, and sometimes those same players end up traded somewhere else.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jacob-trouba-could-really-jets-010153748.html

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
This reporter and I share different views on the definition of "eye popping bargain"

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
I think a reasonable long term extension is doable. Especially now that he's getting the minutes he wants

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This reporter and I share different views on the definition of "eye popping bargain"

3M per was cheap and people were expecting way more. He signed for cheap because he knew the next contract was coming shortly and that's when he'd make big money. He's in the same situation as Ryan O'Reilly was with the AVS. We'll see if the Jets manage to sign him or they'll end up trading him.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
klefbom+puljuarvi+nurse, is a offer you give for a signed erik karlsson. Klefbom and trouba are very close to eachother, being top pairing guys with the room to grow and become top 15 dmen in the future. Adding a top 5 prospect in the world, who has great raw tools and size, along with a 4/5 dmen(that has room to grow and become a low end top pairing guy) is a drastic over payment for trouba.

Keep Sorokin Me Babe

Hit em with the four like
Jun 18, 2016
Deservedly so. He established himself as a #1D this past season and is one of the four best dmen in that 2012 draft along with Lindholm/Slavin/Parayko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad