Value of: Trouba likely to ask for the moon on a new deal

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
they didn't *have to* ! Leon was the only RW that had chemistry with McDavid. that was the reason why he played there because the almighty Jordan Eberle stunk when he played alongside McD and clearly Puljujarvi wasn't ready for NHL play yet, similar to Leon a couple of year previous.

So of that "ton of veteran wingers" the choice came down to Eberle, the rookie Puljujarvi & using Draisaitl on the wing? :nod:

If you say so. :laugh:

Brian McDavid

Aug 4, 2017
Oil City Roadhouse
Lol, Oilers make the playoffs once and all of a sudden there fans think the players are worth twice there weight in gold apparently.

Klefbom better than Trouba? RNH+Poolparty an overpayment for Trouba? That's laughably awful.

Jets would never move Trouba for RNH + Poolparty.

Laughably awful? I doubt you've watched enough of either of these teams. Klefbom and Trouba are very close, Klefbom signed at great value. RNH+JP may not be the deal the Jets want, but its obviously good offer. Your anti-Oiler bias is so obvious here.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Thank you for reducing my argument down to one point. (Jokes)

Assuming the compensation moves up by the same % (4.5% increase from 2016 to 2017) the range extends to $8.2 million for the 1+2+3 territory.

I will edit my post to a 5x 8 deal to be safe!

Compensation for 5x8m is two 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
I'd be actively shopping him. Every contract is going to be a headache. Ryan O'Reilly all over again.

Until Trouba says he will absolutely not play for Winnipeg long term there is no way the Jets trade him for anything but another young 1,2 D coming back the other way. That is simply not going to happen.

Trouba is getting 1,2 RHD mins with the Jets like he wanted and by all accounts he likes the players and the room. The Jets will pay him market value or better to hold him long term so there is no reason to move him unless he really does not want to play for Winnipeg/Canada like some rumors have stated.

We will find out next summer either way.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I'd be actively shopping him. Every contract is going to be a headache. Ryan O'Reilly all over again.

Ironically enough the worst thing the Avs did was trade O'Rielly for bit pieces because his agent said no way to any discount. If they'd just signed him to what Buffalo did they wouldn't be so far in the toilet.

Every defenseman on your team looks better with a two way 1C and vice versa. If Jets trade Trouba all of a sudden Laine Ehlers and Scheifele's defensive numbers will be in the tank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad