Proposal: Trouba all encompassing trade thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

strandvag

Feb 14, 2014
Stockholm/San Diego
Unless the purpose is to alleviate cap space for an extension, I think Maatta for Trouba is fair, straight up. Maatta's relatively low cap hit has to count for something.

Yeah, I wouldn't do more than Maatta for Trouba. Maatta's cap hit is good. Don't know what Trouba will ask for. And that will probably mess up Pittsburgh's cap space.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Declined.

Good offers from the last thread:

Gardiner+Dermott based deals for Trouba

Klefbom for Trouba

MDZ+Sanheim for Trouba+Petan

Määttä+ for Trouba, not too bad

The only two good ones are Klefbom and the Sanheim. Maatta has been living off his rookie year for a couple years now and Gardiner is so average as a defenaman and he's 4 years older than Trouba. What you see is what you get with him he's not improving. If you do the Klefbom one you better ask for more. straight up and the oilers win.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I would love to see, from a Jets fan, a list of LHD they would trade Trouba for straight up (including the unrealistic ones like Hedman, just for completion's sake).

It likely won't be a straight up deal, but I'll give it a shot. And to save ~300 posts worth of people slaughtering Jets fans, the most unrealistic ones will be left off. Also, if a better defenseman than Trouba is named, don't explode. I'm fully aware of the small likelihood of a straight up deal happening.

ANA: Lindholm, Fowler, Theodore+
ARI: Murphy+
BOS: Krug+ one of their top D prospects
BUF: Ristolainen (RHD)
CAL: Hamilton (RHD)
CAR: Slavin, Hanifin
CHI:
COL: Johnson (RHD), Zadorov++
CBJ: Murray, Werenski
DAL:
DET:
EDM: Klefbom
FLA: E...xpectionally bad idea to name the one young D here
LAK: Muzzin
MIN: Brodin+, Scandella+
MTL: Sergachev+
NSH: Ekholm
NJ:
NYI: Hamonic (RHD), De Haan+
NYR: McDonagh
OTT:
PHI: MDZ+ Sanheim, Provorov (not happening)
PIT: Määttä+
SJ:
STL:
TB:
TOR: Gardiner+, Rielly
VAN: Tanev (RHD), Juolevi+
WSH: A signed Alzner would work, but he isn't, so no one

Which ones are realistic, it's your call, but something along those lines. Most prospects and RHDs were left off, as well as too offensive minded guys (mainly Vatanen). Flame away.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
It would seem to me that the Jets giving other teams the green-light to talk to Trouba's agent would mean they are open to dealing him fairly soon. I would also guess that interested teams would want to have Trouba ASAP as the season is about to start. If he gets dealt, I think it is either in the next week or not for a couple months (if at all).

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Remember how all the talk was what Byfuglien would fetch? Jets did not deal Byfuglien. Why does anybody think Trouba is going to be traded? Jets don't trade you because you asked. They play in Winnipeg, FFS!

as far as I can remember Buff or his agent did not release any statements asking out of Winnipeg.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
It would seem to me that the Jets giving other teams the green-light to talk to Trouba's agent would mean they are open to dealing him fairly soon. I would also guess that interested teams would want to have Trouba ASAP as the season is about to start. If he gets dealt, I think it is either in the next week or not for a couple months (if at all).

It's not exactly up to us, since he is a RFA. They can talk to other teams all they want.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
The only two good ones are Klefbom and the Sanheim. Maatta has been living off his rookie year for a couple years now and Gardiner is so average as a defenaman and he's 4 years older than Trouba. What you see is what you get with him he's not improving. If you do the Klefbom one you better ask for more. straight up and the oilers win.

LOL ... Klefbom isn't all that.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Määttä+ for Trouba, not too bad

The Pens can't afford that if Trouba is asking for around $6 million. I also wouldn't add on top of Maatta for Trouba, I think it's a fairly even swap. If Pouliot breaks out this year, I would consider it a lot more, but for now I'd say no to that.

Bringing this proposal back from the last thread, who adds here:

Habs get Rieder and H Samuelsson
Coyotes get Trouba
Jets get Beaulieu and Hudon

"Maatta has been living off his rookie year"

Dude, Maatta has been in the league for 3 years and missed 60 games in his 2nd season. What a ridiculous thing to say. He was phenomenal in his rookie year and played like a legit #2 before he got hurt in 2014-2015. He wasn't bad last year, he was just very inconsistent. He'll be closer to where he was at in 2014 than where he was for stretches of last season, we already saw Maatta rebound and play extremely well late in the playoffs last year.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
What? Trouba is basically as good as him if not better and he's four years younger

Disagree he's basically as good as him, but that's fine, I'm not here to argue value.

At best it's a lateral move for the next few seasons (unless Trouba magically becomes a top-2 defenseman), but we'd have to see Trouba take a few steps before he gets to Gardiner's level.

Either way, we'd be trading someone out of our top-4 for someone into our top-4 and I don't think we should be interested.

Let me guess ... a pile of crap from Toronto for Trouba since that seems to be the MO of certain people.

Works for me. No interest in Rielly, Gardiner, Nylander, Matthews, or Marner in any trade for just Trouba.

I'd just rather see him go to another team and not spend good assets at the beginning of our rebuild.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
If Trouba is also willing to sit indefinitely the Jets will cave and go for value at some point when faced with the prospect of wasting a high quality asset when they could bring something in that will help the team. That's not right now, but in 3 months? 6 months? They'll break if it goes that long.

I think going public with this now means that he doesn't want to sit and is hoping he'll get moved before the season starts. The main loser of a sit out is Trouba.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
The Pens can't afford that if Trouba is asking for around $6 million. I also wouldn't add on top of Maatta for Trouba, I think it's a fairly even swap. If Pouliot breaks out this year, I would consider it a lot more, but for now I'd say no to that.

Bringing this proposal back from the last thread, who adds here:

Habs get Rieder and H Samuelsson
Coyotes get Trouba
Jets get Beaulieu and Hudon

Coyotes make out like bandits here. Winnipeg gets stomped, and Montreal doesn't really benefit from that either.

Let's start by adding Murphy to Winnipeg, then there's is something to talk about.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I would love to see, from a Jets fan, a list of LHD they would trade Trouba for straight up (including the unrealistic ones like Hedman, just for completion's sake).

Here goes.

Hedman
Josi
OEL
Faulk
Lindholm
Brodie
Hanifin
Reilly
Leddy
Murray

Maybe Maatta, Krug, Werenski and Provorov.

Those are probably the only guys that would fit the bill of what Chevy wants. With Werenski and Provorov being unlikely targets as they haven't played in the NHL yet. But targets that I wouldn't mind acquiring.

MikeRahl

Feb 20, 2010
If Trouba is also willing to sit indefinitely the Jets will cave and go for value at some point when faced with the prospect of wasting a high quality asset when they could bring something in that will help the team. That's not right now, but in 3 months? 6 months? They'll break if it goes that long.

Is it really a high quality asset if no one wants to trade as if it is one?

Obviously the Jets value Trouba, it is probably worth more to them him not playing against them, than having some marginal prospect or bottom pairing defensemen as a replacement.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Coyotes make out like bandits here. Winnipeg gets stomped, and Montreal doesn't really benefit from that either.

Let's start by adding Murphy to Winnipeg, then there's is something to talk about.

It seems like you're seriously overvaluing Trouba. It's not at all realistic to say that Trouba is worth Rieder and Murphy, that's a really bad deal for the Coyotes. I don't consider Trouba a top pair defenseman yet, I think he's actually in a similar position that Maatta is in.

Even with/if Daley, Kunitz, Dupuis and Fleury are off the books?

Next year they probably could, but not this year.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Here goes.

Hedman
Josi
OEL
Faulk
Lindholm
Brodie
Hanifin
Reilly
Leddy
Murray

Maybe Maatta, Krug, Werenski and Provorov.

Those are probably the only guys that would fit the bill of what Chevy wants. With Werenski and Provorov being unlikely targets as they haven't played in the NHL yet. But targets that I wouldn't mind acquiring.

Faulk is RHD

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Disagree he's basically as good as him, but that's fine, I'm not here to argue value.

At best it's a lateral move for the next few seasons (unless Trouba magically becomes a top-2 defenseman), but we'd have to see Trouba take a few steps before he gets to Gardiner's level.

Either way, we'd be trading someone out of our top-4 for someone into our top-4 and I don't think we should be interested.

Works for me. No interest in Rielly, Gardiner, Nylander, Matthews, or Marner in any trade for just Trouba.

I'd just rather see him go to another team and not spend good assets at the beginning of our rebuild.

You could build your defense around trouba and rielly for the next ten years. Gardner is a decent too four who can put up points. I'm sorry but I think you're mistaken about this one.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It likely won't be a straight up deal, but I'll give it a shot. And to save ~300 posts worth of people slaughtering Jets fans, the most unrealistic ones will be left off. Also, if a better defenseman than Trouba is named, don't explode. I'm fully aware of the small likelihood of a straight up deal happening.
[...]
ARI: Murphy+

Criminy, are y'all trying to monopolize all the quality Central Ohio prospects or something? ;)

* * *​
Faulk is RHD

There seems to be a very few RHDs that they're willing to do a "let's kick this problem down the road" type swap for. I get the impression that none of them are even remotely realistic from the perspective of the other team and so it doesn't come up often. :D

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta

Why must the Jets break? Drouin broke, and look how that worked out...

northendninja

Feb 25, 2016

Overhardt has apparently been talking to other teams all summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad